Giant reign 2022 Range extender now will not fit.

lharpel1

Oct 18, 2019
Bristol
Brought my Reign E+0 2022 from the shop 4 weeks ago and it came with the black grommets near the water bottle holder to remove and fit a range extender. Just been the same shop and they have placed the Reign E+0 I bought with a new one and it have no holes for grommets. Also a fork bump stop under the head tube. So it looks may be the frame on the 2023 will have the 800kwh battery and no range extender option.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
That’s because the extender will Not fit properly and Giant isn’t doing anything about the issue except making it not available. See this link.

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
I think the fork bump stops are fitted depending on frame size. My bike is a large and doesn't have any, my friend has a medium and his has bump stops.

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Don’t know about that, my 0 in med didn’t have any. 🤔
Oh, maybe his is a small then rather than a medium. The only other reason I can think of is that mine is a +1 and his is a +0 so maybe the battery cover is a different shape to accommodate the bigger battery (but then you said your bike is a +0 as well). Very strange. 🤔

Carlyzf250

Feb 16, 2021
Swadlincote, Derbyshire
Oh, maybe his is a small then rather than a medium. The only other reason I can think of is that mine is a +1 and his is a +0 so maybe the battery cover is a different shape to accommodate the bigger battery (but then you said your bike is a +0 as well). Very strange. 🤔

Ye it is because its a small with the dump stops. They had one in my local shop and I asked the question.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles