Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

wxcopsey

Feb 3, 2021
Slurry hills
Has anyone come to a solution to the battery and motor shipping issue to the UK? Rachel at Dengfu says she can ship to the EU and would then need to find a forwarder from there, perhaps cheaper if we split the cost of a pallet or something?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm happy to accept a pallet .. and .. keep it all as I think it will be way to difficult for you all to smuggle things from here to the UK !

Maybe I should help pick any colours ... you know, just in case ..

Edit : Boris's dad has just got French citizenship, so between him and Nigel Farrage who now has German citizenship we might be able to setup a handy little smuggling group ? ;)

Only joking .. I'm serious about the colours though.

Hellcat

Feb 13, 2021
Republic of Korea
Since we should contact dengfu directly before order it, we cannot know the exact before their reply.
Also, it has various options ; m500/600 and battery capacity...so on

If you share your order conditions and its price it will be highly appreciated.

m.john

Feb 14, 2021
Germany
They wrote that tax is prepayed and invluded.
Hi all,

just for my clarification please . 1.960€ for the frame set alone with shipping and PayPal plus tax/duty included?

What is the price for frame set plus Bafang motor and motor parts then? When I am not mistaken the parts are around 2.000$ incl. shipping (~1.650€) x 1,3 for PayPal (4%), VAT (19%) and customs (4,7%) --> ~2.150€

I am in contact with Dengfu as we speak and hope to get a tender in the next days. I'm also in contact with German Zoll to sort out how shipping, labeling and else has to be done to avoid surprises. There is the risk of Antidumpingzoll of 48,5% if things are going bad...
And then the CHEEP will become the REGULAR just with greacy fingers and limited support.:eek:

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
Here’s my quote. I actually want the M500 motor, but they are the same price. I’m trying to find out if I can pay by bank transfer to avoid the PayPal fees.

E10 in UD matt finish: $799
A headset for E10: $14
Rear thru axle for E10: $10
M600 Bafang motor 48V 500W: $650
Battery 48V 17.5Ah: $350

Shipping cost to France including tax prepaid is $460. 4.2% Paypal fee should be added.

Von Dutch

Feb 16, 2021
Dorus6369
I have a quote from Dengfu like all others here. I guess they ship motor and battery from Holland (close to my hometown) And frame from China. I will order one by a chinese contact i have there and ship it with a bigger shipment of products i buy from China. Shipping will take 6-8 weeks but wil cost me nothing extra.
Eu taxes i will not have the dump tax as our fwd can handle this.
My question. Who wants to order one? And what price are you willing to pay for this service?
From Holland i can send with any EU fwd or pickup.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Here’s my quote. I actually want the M500 motor, but they are the same price. I’m trying to find out if I can pay by bank transfer to avoid the PayPal fees.

Shipping cost to France including tax prepaid is $460. 4.2% Paypal fee should be added.
You can avoid Paypal fee if You do bank transfer, which is possible according to Dengfu. You can pay in Euro to avoid currency exchange fees, using the daily exchange rate from USD to Euro (also confirmed). I executed a payment to Taiwan a couple of weeks ago this way, bank fee was 10€ only.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
You can avoid Paypal fee if You do bank transfer, which is possible according to Dengfu. You can pay in Euro to avoid currency exchange fees, using the daily exchange rate from USD to Euro (also confirmed). I executed a payment to Taiwan a couple of weeks ago this way, bank fee was 10€ only.
You can avoid paypal fees on transfer if you "paied to a friend", but you loose paypal insurance. you can't avoid paypal fees on change (euro to USD)

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
You can avoid paypal fees on transfer if you "paied to a friend", but you loose paypal insurance. you can't avoid paypal fees on change (euro to USD)
Yes, You can - just pay in Euro instead of USD via Paypal. They told me at Dengfu that You can use the realtime exchange rate Euro to USD and send the money in Euro.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Yes, You can - just pay in Euro instead of USD via Paypal. They told me at Dengfu that You can use the realtime exchange rate Euro to USD and send the money in Euro.
it is new. For my order ,melody only wanted USD (+ 4% for me) :cry:

PadreParada

May 13, 2019
Madrid, Spain

Use TransferWise. I have pay with it and you avoid a lot of fees.

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
Well mine is ordered at last. Saved about $90 by paying by bank transfer and got a good exchange rate changing £ to $. Cost me just less than £1700 with a spare derailleur hanger. Melody suggests it’s a new motor as they’ve sold the old stock. Don’t have a delivery date yet.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Just paid my bill via Transferwise. I paid 2.283 USD / 1.898,01 Euro including all fees. You should use a credit card for the transfer, otherwise additional bank fees may occour, and the full amount will not be booked to Dengfu. The fee using the credit card via Transferwise was around 19 Euro, the exchange rate at 1.21 USD / Euro.

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Well mine is ordered at last. Saved about $90 by paying by bank transfer and got a good exchange rate changing £ to $. Cost me just less than £1700 with a spare derailleur hanger. Melody suggests it’s a new motor as they’ve sold the old stock. Don’t have a delivery date yet.
Strange that they do communicate different delivery dates. Maybe there is still some delay more as later the payment was made ? or it has to do with the motor type. Lets see what other users are saying:
Payed my frameset in 17" (changed the size from 19" to 17" in a second moment) colored white and bafang m500 with battery on january 18th.

What about the others?

Last edited:

PadreParada

May 13, 2019
Madrid, Spain
Just paid my bill via Transferwise. I paid 2.283 USD / 1.898,01 Euro including all fees. You should use a credit card for the transfer, otherwise additional bank fees may occour, and the full amount will not be booked to Dengfu. The fee using the credit card via Transferwise was around 19 Euro, the exchange rate at 1.21 USD / Euro.
I usually choose the option inside Transferwise, to do a Sofort transfer, which is free, and I avoid Credit Card fees.

ankit.219

Feb 23, 2021
Boston, MA

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I am trying to order same setup as the The Cheeb. I emailed Dengfu but waiting for response. I found their ALiexpress store with the listing - (for 20inch) US $1488.0 |DENGFU New Electric bike frame E 06 with Bafang G521 M620 motor frameset for hot sell 48V 14AH 672WH|Electric Bicycle| - AliExpress and (for 16 &18 inch) US $43.65 3% OFF|DENGFU New Electric bike frame E 06 with Bafang G521 M620 motor frameset for hot sell 48V 14AH 672WH|Electric Bicycle| - AliExpress

It says E06 and not E10 frame. Cannot locate E10 on Aliexpress. Is this the same frame? Should I pull the trigger.

Thank you.
Thats a completely different frame.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I am trying to order same setup as the The Cheeb. I emailed Dengfu but waiting for response. I found their ALiexpress store with the listing -

(for 20inch) US $1488.0 |DENGFU New Electric bike frame E 06 with Bafang G521 M620 motor frameset for hot sell 48V 14AH 672WH|Electric Bicycle| - AliExpress

and (for 16 &18 inch) US $43.65 3% OFF|DENGFU New Electric bike frame E 06 with Bafang G521 M620 motor frameset for hot sell 48V 14AH 672WH|Electric Bicycle| - AliExpress

It says E06 and not E10 frame. Cannot locate E10 on Aliexpress. Is this the same frame? Should I pull the trigger.

Thank you.
Also was CNY last week so no doubt there will be a bit of a delay in getting back :)

cguy

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get an E10 frame to Canada? Looks like Dengfu won't because of the deal with Luna, and Luna doesn't seem to be selling them either.

Freight forwarder from somewhere in Asia maybe? This seems like a dumb problem to have.

I've looked around at other frames and most of the 150ish travel frames have pretty terrible geometry. I'd want me e-bike to ride similarly to a modern mountain bike, the E10 seems to be the only one out there with reasonable reach numbers. But if anyone has seen anything else worth talking about I'm open to hearing it.

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
For me, the Reach Value is way too short. 447.5 mm @ 20“ frame size, at least 40mm too short. Not state of the art, imho.
This is my my 2nd choice if Melody from Dengfu does not reply to my purchase request, only advantage here is you can receive the kit within a week after payment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles