Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

Purpleaki

Jan 6, 2021
UK
Am I the only on to get hit with Customs charges??

how much was the custom charges, on the frame or battery + motor? what exactly did you order?

I fear with the changing VAT laws, if Dengfu ship through EU, the cheeb might now be more expensive for us UK folk.

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE
how much was the custom charges, on the frame or battery + motor? what exactly did you order?

I fear with the changing VAT laws, if Dengfu ship through EU, the cheeb might now be more expensive for us UK folk.
I am also wondering what will happen with the tax after 1 July. Mellody has always quoted the price of the shipment with tax, but we'll see what it will be like now and whether the company uses it to earn more $. Does anyone know what the dengfu e10 price list looks like now?

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
The prices is still the same and the battery capacity has fallen to 16aH. You could always try freight forwarders to reduce the shipping fees from China to UK.

Purpleaki

Jan 6, 2021
UK
Hi all, a strange one! My e10 frame (along with a full consignment of other frames) has been impounded at Heathrow. I spoke with someone from the border force today and they Informes me that dengfu have used a shipping forwarder that has falsely declared the value of the cargo to reduce import tax. Apparently they have to pay the full amount or the items will be siezed! Anyone experienced anything similar and if so how was it resolved?

Sorry to hear this - did you resolve the issue? I've heard of this happening with Chinese goods in the past, but not with Dengfu.

Dean R

Jul 9, 2021
Chesterfield
Sorry to hear this - did you resolve the issue? I've heard of this happening with Chinese goods in the past, but not with Dengfu.
My mates frame was in that shipment he received it a few days ago and didn’t get any charges.
Frames are sent as samples to get around vat charges but I think boarder force are clamping down on it.

Dean R

Jul 9, 2021
Chesterfield
Any better on/off / pas assist controls anyone can recommend.
my original one is already damaged where it clamps to the bars it’s not even taken an impact, just crap plastic. Apologies if the subject has been covered but can’t find any posts on it.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Can anyone tell me where I can get the custom Yoke to put a 215x60mm Rear Shock on my E10V2? I found offset bushings, I am not very mechanically inclined and I ride hard. Single track downhill. I need to be sure I will get full travel without it striking against the seat post. I am in the middle of about 10 different mods, going from 70mm+6 degree stem to 50mm 0-degree stem with high rise 35mm Rise x 35mm Raceface Atlas bar. Also ordering new groupset & Wheelset. Final step is to upgrade the rear shock & go to the 2023 170mm Zeb Ultimate for 27.5". I notice my Bike is a little tight for me, but the Large is big. I feel like maybe someone can tell me of a few mods to extend the reach besides just the stem and the handlebar. I also just installed the TRP DH-R EVO Brakes & I wish I had gone with MT7. But the rear caliper came DOA, so I am a little pissed about that. I am reading Shimano levers with Magura give you the benefits of the best of both worlds that TRP was supposed to have built-in. I hate the TRPs so far. Thanks for any and all help.

IMG_0477.jpg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Sounds strange. I run the more common 216x63 on my E10, using one offset bushing on the yoke side (-2mm installed length = 214mm) and I milled away a little aluminum on the yoke, just enough that the yoke clears the seattube with the longer shock. I never had an issue with my 27.5 / 2.6 rear wheel hitting the seattube, nor the seatstay bridge touching it (Yes, I bottomed out the shock a couple of times). If Your shock is really 215x60, just install it and rework the yoke to make it fit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles