Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Here is the frame. Called the Dengfu E10.

The entire process is pretty drawn out. You have to email them (contact on that page) and that starts the process.

What follows is a rather sketchy feeling process, where you must PayPal a large sum of money to a random PayPal address.

I did a bit of due diligence before I proceeded including a fair amount of research on Dengfu, as well as google-fu on the PayPal ID. It all checked out OK.

As an individual purchase the process, as you may expect, is hardly Bezos style Amazon shopping. But at this price I guess it’s kind of expected.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Here are the individual costs of the parts by the way. In terms of warranty I personally think Dengfu would honour manufacturing defects etc. But a grey area with carbon frames if it cracks. I doubt I’d get the kind of goodwill a big brand would offer.

Absolute worst case is that I’d pay the replacement cost. Best case is free or discounted parts.

Look at the price of the battery. Just $350 for a 17.5Ah.

E10 21" in UD matt finish: $680
A headset for E10: $14
Rear thru axle for E10: $10
M500 Bafang motor 48V 250W: $650
Battery 48V 17.5Ah: $350

Danny325is

Jan 3, 2021
NJ, USA
Can you share that please as tried adding him via his phone number without luck.
1609856601851.png

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Even my friend in Shanghai can’t get through via phone or email, are they replying to any emails? I sent one last week and have had no reply...

Purpleaki

Jan 6, 2021
UK
Hi, do you have a breakdown of the costs please?
Was the extra just on shipping or have they raised the price of the frame too?

I also got quoted the higher price of £1860.

Due to recent custom tariff changes, one thing to note is that the frame, motor and battery may be eligible for VAT upon entry into the UK. I don't think it is exempt from the tariff free trade negotiated in the latest Brexit agreement as the goods are not manufactured in the EU. Prior to Brexit, I think Dengfu used to ship through the EU and prepay the EU VAT tax, and then the goods entered the UK without customs duty. I am not sure how they are doing it now.

If VAT is applied upon entry into the UK, 20% of £1860 is an additional ~£360 without the customs handling charge (I think this is usually ~£15), so a total of ~£2200?. Still a great price, but the additional costs may be worth considering!

I'm in contact with Tony from Dengfu on this - will update you all when I get more information.

Purpleaki

Jan 6, 2021
UK
In theory if Dengfu have adopted the latest customs duty regime, that of the VAT should be added at the sales source before dispatch, then is that the price rise we are seeing from 680 to just over 800 ?

Maybe. I have asked Tony (Dengfu founder) about the VAT situation and he wasn't sure. The battery and motor didn't go up in price, but I think that is shipped from a partner. I think there may still be a risk of an additional VAT bill when it gets to the UK... only one way to find out!

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I think you have to contact them for pricing.

There are several other Chinese based companies who do carbon e-bike frames .. this one for instance does bafang, shimano and polini ones, be interesting to make a Polini one :

Or Shimano & Bafang :

thanks for that, John at light carbon came back with a price for the frame only and contacts to buy the bafang M500 motor from, I have asked him for lead time and total to uk.

melody from Dengfu got back to me with a total of $2223 plus 4% PayPal fee, shipped to uk, but they can’t ship to the Uk at the moment due to COVID-1.

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
thanks for that, John at light carbon came back with a price for the frame only and contacts to buy the bafang M500 motor from, I have asked him for lead time and total to uk.

melody from Dengfu got back to me with a total of $2223 plus 4% PayPal fee, shipped to uk, but they can’t ship to the Uk at the moment due to COVID-1.
sorry to hear that

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Just a thought, will we now have to pay VAT at 20% and import tax of 3% on top of the price in the UK?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Just a thought, will we now have to pay VAT at 20% and import tax of 3% on top of the price in the UK?
Robs price he paid would have included German VAT ( I think the Bafung EU base is in Germany ) of 19% which went to the German Exchequer, at least now it will go towards our Covid bar bill. If we now get a rise of 20% on top then you need to ask why ?

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I have a friend who lives in Shanghai, the eBay company selling the E10 tell me they will ship the frame,motor, battery to Shanghai at a cost of £1500, of course I then need to get it from Shanghai to the UK, So I imagine with shipping, VAT & import duty I am looking at £2000 plus.

jimbo255

Dec 31, 2019
London
Well after a marathon read I've learnt so much and I've been in touch with Dengfu and Melody has got back to me and said that they can't ship to the UK due to Covid. Has anyone else had this issue and if so did they find a way round it? Also I don't think it was in this thread but the M500 and M600 are the same price.

Tami

Jan 19, 2021
Germany
My frame is being shipped next week but yeh they can’t send the battery or motor yet hopefully it don’t take to long be nice to have it sorted in a couple of months
I got my frame first and after 5 weeks the motor and battery(from hungary) the tracking awb does not work you get the info but not where your package is . And then suddenly you have it at your doorsteps;)

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
..thanks Rob, may be I‘m stupid, but is there an order button? A shop function? I only see the descrioption. Do I have to order by email or phone? Thanks!
You can still order the E10 frame. Just email them. Though it may take some time. I ordered 1st week January and they said it will be ship 1st week of March. The battery and motor arrived today though?

Islandjj

Jan 27, 2021
IOW
After watching Robs videos I’m seriously thinking about Bafang with carbon frame. Contacted Melody At Denfu but not shipping to UK at the moment anyone else ordered recently ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles