Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
I am only using one Offset bushing to avoid that the rear triangle hits the frame when the shock is fully compressed. With one bushing, compressed length is 214 (216-2) mm, at 63 mm travel the compressed shock length is 151 mm. With two Offset Bushings the shock lengt fully compressed would be 149 mm (216-4) only. Original spec shock is 210/55 mm, which means fully compressed is 155 mm. I did some measurement, and everything below 151 seems to be too tight with no safety margin left. Hope that helps!

Ok. It seems like there is two variable to deal with. One is the yoke clearance and the other is the rear triangle brace seat tube clearance. One other thing, which Mezzer are you using, Expert or Pro? They seems to be in very short supply at the moment.

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Been using unbranded carbon bars for more than 5 years, only broken one pair and that was when 95kgs crashed into the end of it at about 20mph. The good thing was the bar broke and not my ribs unlike an Ali bar which surely would have meant a bent bar and broken ribs.

The only downside is they transmit every little bump and shock that your suspension hasn’t dealt with unlike Ali bars which seem to dampen that a bit. Funny thing on my E10 I’ve had to go back to Ali bars as on the hard stutter tracks we had after the winter I was getting numb hands which has helped that.
Yeah you're right the carbon bars do transmit everything. I'm used to DT Swiss 100mm XC forks so I'm hoping things get a lot more gentle when I transition to big Manitou Mezzer which I've set to 160mm travel.

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
Hi all, i just wanted to ask if you guys bought the rear shock bushings from offsetbushings.com or just bought the standard bushings from Rockshox etc...?

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
I am only using one Offset bushing to avoid that the rear triangle hits the frame when the shock is fully compressed. With one bushing, compressed length is 214 (216-2) mm, at 63 mm travel the compressed shock length is 151 mm. With two Offset Bushings the shock lengt fully compressed would be 149 mm (216-4) only. Original spec shock is 210/55 mm, which means fully compressed is 155 mm. I did some measurement, and everything below 151 seems to be too tight with no safety margin left. Hope that helps!
Hi all, i just wanted to ask if you guys bought the rear shock bushings from offsetbushings.com or just bought the standard bushings from Rockshox etc...?
Got mine from Offsetbushing and got the off set ones for rc3 216×63 just cleared ?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Ok. It seems like there is two variable to deal with. One is the yoke clearance and the other is the rear triangle brace seat tube clearance. One other thing, which Mezzer are you using, Expert or Pro? They seems to be in very short supply at the moment.
Mezzer Pro 29“, because of the IRT feature. 180 mm travel.

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
Does anyone know if a chain with 116 links will fit with a shimano xt 11 speed cassette 11-48?

From my experience no. Rob had 46 cassette and it was already a bit short, I tried on 50 and id did not fit.

Totom

Mar 12, 2021
France
Hi Everybody,

I'm selling my "French CHEEB". It's a very nice bike but it is not what I need to ride the Fontainebleau forest with friends (w/o electric bike) and dog !

20210606_175232.jpg

I received it late april, clock 120Km. E10 with M600, 29", Lyrik 160mm, Fox DXP2, Shimano DEORE 10s, Guide RE, OneUp V1.
4000Euros, in FONTAINEBLEAU, FRANCE.

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Anyone else got a charge port hole in frane that is much too small to fit the charge port? My port is on the side, near motor. If I file the hole bigger, the carbon also looks too thick at this point for the retaining barbs on the charge port.

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
make a picture with centimeter/milimeter rule, as I assume your hole is exactly as it should be, you just doing something not correct. DC port on side is also on my bike, but you need to respect there is a bit ovality and put in in correct way. ALso on DC port there is a nut which must goes from inside to hold in place. Make some pictures and we can advise

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
Anyone else got a charge port hole in frane that is much too small to fit the charge port? My port is on the side, near motor. If I file the hole bigger, the carbon also looks too thick at this point for the retaining barbs on the charge port.
Yes, the hole is too small to fit the charging port as it comes out of the box. I had the same question as you when I first tried to install the charging port. You need to remove the plastic surround (photo below) and fit only the port into the frame.

20210606_231900.jpg

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
I confirm, plastic surrounding is for vertical assembly 1.0 (where DC charging port was located on original CHEEB), where horizontal assembly 1.1 ( located next to motor) does not need it. you use only central part and nut (2 nuts) from inside to secure dc connector. Approach is just horrible, but you can use small fingers to hold/rotate nut or some kind or ultra narrow pliers.

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE
Hi Everybody,

I'm selling my "French CHEEB". It's a very nice bike but it is not what I need to ride the Fontainebleau forest with friends (w/o electric bike) and dog !

View attachment 63548

I received it late april, clock 120Km. E10 with M600, 29", Lyrik 160mm, Fox DXP2, Shimano DEORE 10s, Guide RE, OneUp V1.
Hi Everybody,

View attachment 63548

What frame size? Do you sell a frame with an engine without the rest?

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Getting nearer to completion, first short ride tonight. At first I had error 21, speed sensor error, and discovered that bottoming out suspension to fit chain had pulled apart the speed sensor connector.

I used 118 link chain which was just enough for 11s 38T front with 10-42 on the rear.

Second issue was fixing speed sensor magnet in front of round area where it bolts to frame, this is wrong, needs to be fixed in front of sensor body.

Lots of power even on level 1, as others have said, but it's a bit erratic on/off, I can see the speed reading jumping about from 10kph to 50kph and back to 10kph in an instant, so still some issues with speed sensor I guess. I tried sticking a washer behind the sensor to get it closer to the magnet, but still erratic performance. Anyone else had this issue and managed to overcome it? Still I'm pleased with progress this evening :). Once everything is working OK I'll tidy up the build

IMG_20210607_205118.jpg

kayakingchris

Apr 30, 2021
Wales
Hi all, this ive ordered a frame and motor from dengfu and have received the motor/battery and am awaiting the frame. I've now received an email from dengfu asking for a VAT number as the shipping company is asking me to provide one? Has anyone else experienced this and how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
Hi all, this ive ordered a frame and motor from dengfu and have received the motor/battery and am awaiting the frame. I've now received an email from dengfu asking for a VAT number as the shipping company is asking me to provide one? Has anyone else experienced this and how did you resolve it?

Thanks
Yes, this is for customs clearance. I provided my Italian fiscal code. No issues during shipping.

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK

Thanks

My frame turned up unexpectedly on Saturday via DPD with no request for a VAT number up front.
If you search back through some of the previous posts others have had the same request and I believe for the UK you just need to supply your National Insurance number. Check though.

kayakingchris

Apr 30, 2021
Wales
My frame turned up unexpectedly on Saturday via DPD with no request for a VAT number up front.
If you search back through some of the previous posts others have had the same request and I believe for the UK you just need to supply your National Insurance number. Check though.
Thanks! I will send my NI number and hopefully that'll sort it.

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
Usual case here is that your speed sensor is not correctly lined with magnet on spike. See attached picture. Tape there is just to prevent dirt.

If align is not the case, you can have:

- invalid sensor -> first check connection to motor. Use contax spray for proper contact to motor and good pliers to insert connector to the end. Usually people are putting it just into 1/2 thinking thats enough. Not, you must do it to the end with pliers (electrical ones).

- invalid controller.

From above i think its either not proper magnet alignment or just not ok connector.

I just past first 1000km mark yesterday, last trip was 128km (with some battery change). Only issues noticed:

- torque NM for motor and pedals -> I respect markings and, but after some km (100km) motor was loose and pedals fall off. Lucky me I found washers on route, so no problem. On evening i disassemble bike and make more torque (saying classic russian ones..) from that time no problem.

20210608_113912.jpg

error 21

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Usual case here is that your speed sensor is not correctly lined with magnet on spike. See attached picture. Tape there is just to prevent dirt.

If align is not the case, you can have:

- invalid sensor -> first check connection to motor. Use contax spray for proper contact to motor and good pliers to insert connector to the end. Usually people are putting it just into 1/2 thinking thats enough. Not, you must do it to the end with pliers (electrical ones).

- invalid controller.

From above i think its either not proper magnet alignment or just not ok connector.

I just past first 1000km mark yesterday, last trip was 128km (with some battery change). Only issues noticed:

- torque NM for motor and pedals -> I respect markings and, but after some km (100km) motor was loose and pedals fall off. Lucky me I found washers on route, so no problem. On evening i disassemble bike and make more torque (saying classic russian ones..) from that time no problem.

View attachment 63664

error 21

Thank you mgx, my magnet looks like your picture so I don't think it's magnet location problem. I will check connection to motor and push again with pliers

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Thank you mgx, my magnet looks like your picture so I don't think it's magnet location problem. I will check connection to motor and push again with pliers

OK I've fixed it???
Magnet was not close enough to sensor. I added 2x washer behind sensor (each washer about 1.5mm thick, so 3mm total. One washer was not enough, final gap to magnet is about 3 or 4 mm. IMG_20210608_150514.jpg
IMG_20210608_145954.jpg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
The width of the rims does not have any effect as long as they are not asymmetrical. The spokes always go from the hub flange to the centerline of the rim. There is a difference between 29 and 27.5 wheels because of the wider spoke angle due to increased rim diameter.

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
The width of the rims does not have any effect as long as they are not asymmetrical. The spokes always go from the hub flange to the centerline of the rim. There is a difference between 29 and 27.5 wheels because of the wider spoke angle due to increased rim diameter.
Aha mine are asymmetric, so there you have it!

kayakingchris

Apr 30, 2021
Wales
Hi all, a strange one! My e10 frame (along with a full consignment of other frames) has been impounded at Heathrow. I spoke with someone from the border force today and they Informes me that dengfu have used a shipping forwarder that has falsely declared the value of the cargo to reduce import tax. Apparently they have to pay the full amount or the items will be siezed! Anyone experienced anything similar and if so how was it resolved?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles