Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
Hi @thaeber,

Looks great! Good to hear you managed to get the 216 x 63 to work. Thinking of doing the same but running a 29 rear on a 17,5" frame. Do you think there's enough clearance to make this work? Thanks!
When you say some work needed on rear
Finally, Battery arrived today! 1st testride successfully done, its a BEAST! 180/29“ front, 170/27.5“ rear. Cane Creek DB Coil 216/63, 2 mm Offset bushing reducing to 214 shock length. Minimal rework on rear shock link needed. BB heigt at 360mm, Head Angle exactly 64 Deg. Almost 25 kg with 840 Wh Battery. Manitou Mezzer Fork. Feels like a flying carpet!

View attachment 60827
When you say minimal work needed on the linkage do you mean shaving some material off??

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Dear Rob or other colleagues, can you post the link to purchase the BAFANG M500 engine, with battery, accessory cables and display? we are having a hard time finding it for sale. BAFANG does not answer emails, I will try to buy from some other site. As for the painting, I am contacting Melody from Dengfu, but the process is slow, the website is bad.

The only way is to order via email. There is no shop function on the website. You need to contact Melody at Dengfu

[email protected]

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
This is the issue with buying this bike. Like I said in my original video, the buying process isn’t easy. I truly wondered if the frame would ever arrive. Don’t expect Amazon style buying! It’s more tedious.

GandalfR

Mar 22, 2021
Germany
Sure! Its a 29 frame according to specs, 29 x 2.6 max tire size!
Thanks for the reply! I’m more wondering if there’ll be a problem with the larger 29“ tyre hitting the rear of the seat post , due to the increased compression of the shock (63mm instead of 55mm).

ISHI

Apr 9, 2020
Brazil

The only way is to order via email. There is no shop function on the website. You need to contact Melody at Dengfu

[email protected]
thank you very much, I'm already improving contact with Melody via Skype. very grateful for the attention of colleagues

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Thanks for the reply! I’m more wondering if there’ll be a problem with the larger 29“ tyre hitting the rear of the seat post , due to the increased compression of the shock (63mm instead of 55mm).
Ah ok, sorry for misunderstanding. My assumption is that it will work without problem. I dont have a 29 rear wheel, so I‘m not able to prove it!

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
the swing arm heurt before the wheel (here 29" with 215x60) 216x63 pass
(2) Dengfu E10 Suspension/Wheel Options - EMTB Forums
1621001264928.png

Curiousman

Jan 11, 2021
Belgium
About the charger,guys i am scary to leave it alone :D.So i did some research and my recommendation is to buy
Meanwell HLG-320H-54A

Basically you could set the voltage and ampere output,ip67,7 years warranty,no fans.price around 80 euro.
This transformer intended for LED lighting can therefore be used to recharge a battery? Just attach a 220v socket on one side and find an identical plug (for example this ? 5 x 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm Male Power Plug Jack DC Connecteur 14 mm long) on the battery side and it works?
To adjust the voltage and amperage, you have to connect a voltmeter to the output and adjust manually with a screwdriver on the transformer / charger, to arrive at 54.6V as on the original charger?
Does the charger automatically stop when the battery is fully charged?

Last edited:

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Still waiting for my frame to ship to start my build, but been buying lots of components in preparation. I always like to cheap out on stuff, and my biggest 'cheap out' for this build is a 760mm 160g no-brand carbon riser handlebar on Aliexpress for £17.31 including shipping and import tax.

How much?

Yeah I couldn't believe the price either, surely it must be a bag of sh1te? Well I pulled the trigger to find out.

Turns out it's really good, in order to test it I placed it between two small piles of books on the floor, and gently stood & bounced on it using my 120kg.

I've since bought another 2 for my other bikes, and all passed my test using same method.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Good luck with Your Purchase! A bench test would put a couple of 100.000 alternating loads with Your weight to proove reliability. I would never take the risk to use a bar with no test certificate, from an unknown source. Carbon Bars tend to brake with no bend or signs of cracks, from one second to another. Worst case scenario....

Last edited:

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
How much travel do you end up with at the rear as I have a 160 fork thanks
Enough of guessing, now I measured it. Shock length 214 mm (with Offset bushing) - 63 mm shock travel is 151 mm shock length fully compressed. I measured the vertical rear travel at the dropout between 214 mm and 151 mm, and it is as calculated, 170 mm! Plus / minus a couple of mm related to the tolerance of my measurement :)

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
Enough of guessing, now I measured it. Shock length 214 mm (with Offset bushing) - 63 mm shock travel is 151 mm shock length fully compressed. I measured the vertical rear travel at the dropout between 214 mm and 151 mm, and it is as calculated, 170 mm! Plus / minus a couple of mm related to the tolerance of my measurement :)
So I need to upgrade my forks to match ??

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I‘m running a Mullet setup with 180 mm Manitou Mezzer on the front. Head angle at 64 degree, BB height at 360 mm. Perfectly balanced in my opinion. If You run a 20 mm shorter fork, the head angle will increase by appr. 1 degree in Mullet setup, expectation is 65 degree. If You run 29“ front and rear, Your head angle will be at factory spec 66 degree plus 1 degree ending up at 67 degree - not a good idea. With a160 mm fork I would use the standard shock length of 210 mm / 55 mm travel for better balance.

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
I‘m running a Mullet setup with 180 mm Manitou Mezzer on the front. Head angle at 64 degree, BB height at 360 mm. Perfectly balanced in my opinion. If You run a 20 mm shorter fork, the head angle will increase by appr. 1 degree in Mullet setup, expectation is 65 degree. If You run 29“ front and rear, Your head angle will be at factory spec 66 degree plus 1 degree ending up at 67 degree - not a good idea. With a160 mm fork I would use the standard shock length of 210 mm / 55 mm travel for better balance.
I've got.27.5 wheels so I think I will order upgrade kit for forks to 180mm hopefully that we'll be OK thanks

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
i'm using XL with160 front, 216x63 normal bushing, 29 front rear in 2.4 / 2.5 and i appréciâtes a lot. Tried with 27.5 rear and i find it a (very) little bit less secure front. but it is with different tire, may be the raison, in any case not great differencies.

My recomandation: try and chose that you prefer. It havn't magic recipt. the track, the practice, the speed, the technical level, frame size. all these different parameters can done that coresponding to one can't satify other

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Well my M600 motor and accessories arrived safely today from Dengfu - many thanks Melody :)
Ordered 15/04/21 so fairly quick turn around.

Just the frame to go.

Here's a photo of the controller showing the latest version from Bafang.
Serial No. A18F8V4082728.
Software version:- CRX10NC4818i132046.7

20210518_120223.jpg

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I would never take the risk to use a bar with no test certificate, from an unknown source. Carbon Bars tend to brake with no bend or signs of cracks, from one second to another. Worst case scenario....
Been using unbranded carbon bars for more than 5 years, only broken one pair and that was when 95kgs crashed into the end of it at about 20mph. The good thing was the bar broke and not my ribs unlike an Ali bar which surely would have meant a bent bar and broken ribs.

The only downside is they transmit every little bump and shock that your suspension hasn’t dealt with unlike Ali bars which seem to dampen that a bit. Funny thing on my E10 I’ve had to go back to Ali bars as on the hard stutter tracks we had after the winter I was getting numb hands which has helped that.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Been using unbranded carbon bars for more than 5 years, only broken one pair and that was when 95kgs crashed into the end of it at about 20mph. The good thing was the bar broke and not my ribs unlike an Ali bar which surely would have meant a bent bar and broken ribs.

The only downside is they transmit every little bump and shock that your suspension hasn’t dealt with unlike Ali bars which seem to dampen that a bit. Funny thing on my E10 I’ve had to go back to Ali bars as on the hard stutter tracks we had after the winter I was getting numb hands which has helped that.
Sure, dont get me wrong mate, just my humble opinion. For me this is one of the most safety critical part, and I dont want to take any risk here. A broken bar is a horrible imagination for me! May You always have a safe ride!

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts

Sure, dont get me wrong mate, just my humble opinion. For me this is one of the most safety critical part, and I dont want to take any risk here. A broken bar is a horrible imagination for me! May You always have a safe ride!

According to the description the bar has passed EN and JIS test, but I'm not under any illusions and believe me I checked it over very carefully and the carbon layup looks decent. I guess we're all taking a risk with the Dengfu frames too, but I've been doing the China carbon MTB self build thing (frames, bars, seatposts, wheels) for over 10 years without any major negatives, had a few crap seatposts where the clamps failed but never the carbon. On my first China carbon frame I had an aluminium Bottom bracket shell develop play after 2 years, and the Chinese seller was really good to honour the warranty (better than Dengfu with the banfang motors from what I read on here), I think the aluminium to carbon bonding has improved over the last few years, it used to be a big issue with well known brands too.
What I will never touch is any of the fake branded stuff.

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
This transformer intended for LED lighting can therefore be used to recharge a battery? Just attach a 220v socket on one side and find an identical plug (for example this ? 5 x 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm Male Power Plug Jack DC Connecteur 14 mm long) on the battery side and it works?
To adjust the voltage and amperage, you have to connect a voltmeter to the output and adjust manually with a screwdriver on the transformer / charger, to arrive at 54.6V as on the original charger?
Does the charger automatically stop when the battery is fully charged?
yes it works.i am using it for my older bikes on 29.4 max voltage.

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
I recommend to use one Offset bushing with 2 mm offset on the 16.5 mm side. This reduces installed shock length to 214 mm. On the other mount I used also a bushing from Offset, but a standard one with no offset. Then You need to rework the aluminum shock mount link towards the seattube on the upper plate appr. 2 mm to avoid collision with the seattube. Remaining shock length fully compressed is 151 mm (214 - 63). That’s just enough that the bride on the rear triangle doesnt hit the seattube.

Hi. I have been following the DengFu threads diligently and contemplating on building one with as much travel as possible on the rear. I was reading this particular thread and I was puzzled that you were only using offset on the 16.6mm side and Not offset on both sides. Would you be able to avoid modifying the yoke if offset both ends.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Hi. I have been following the DengFu threads diligently and contemplating on building one with as much travel as possible on the rear. I was reading this particular thread and I was puzzled that you were only using offset on the 16.6mm side and Not offset on both sides. Would you be able to avoid modifying the yoke if offset both ends.
I am only using one Offset bushing to avoid that the rear triangle hits the frame when the shock is fully compressed. With one bushing, compressed length is 214 (216-2) mm, at 63 mm travel the compressed shock length is 151 mm. With two Offset Bushings the shock lengt fully compressed would be 149 mm (216-4) only. Original spec shock is 210/55 mm, which means fully compressed is 155 mm. I did some measurement, and everything below 151 seems to be too tight with no safety margin left. Hope that helps!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles