Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
alibaba quote invoice.JPG

I'm pulling trigger on this but need your opinion on this additional 4.2% from Alibaba. Is this normal?
I"m also taking a risk shipping all to a friend in Shenzhen then he'll send them to me in US with TBD shipping fee + unknown other fee. Any comments would be great since I'm new at this purchase!

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
I also got 4,2% but I ordered directly and paid this to Paypal - at Paypal this is assurance fee - if you send money as friend this should not be charged (but I sleep better because of that 4,2%).

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
I'm speaking to her now 1st she said vat now saying tax

I shipped mine to Italy and I pre-emptively provided her with my fiscal code. I assumed this would aid in the customs clearance.
I am not sure how it works in your country but in Italy its best to include a fiscal code with any financial / commercial transaction. In italy it is the equivelant to your personal tax code.

GandalfR

Mar 22, 2021
Germany
Hi everyone.

New here, thought I'd chime in here with an update on the current pricing I received from our good friend Melody:

Item
Price
E10 in UD matt finish$799
A headset for E10$14
Rear thru axle for E10$10
M600 Bafang motor 48V 500W$650
Battery 48V 16Ah$430
Shipping cost to Germany including tax prepaid$470
Paypal fee4.2%

Note the battery they're shipping currently is 16Ah and not 17.5Ah and it's increased from $350 to $430. Melody informed me that the cells used to make the 17.5Ah battery are not available.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
I wonder if this means previous orders will have reduced capacity batteries?
I did notice that my usual supplier has very little stock of 18650 cells at the moment (all brands), I'd assumed it was a Brexit issue, but as these batteries are coming from China maybe the problem is at source.

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
Hi All,
After having read most threads on "the Cheeb" I'm also about to order the pieces from DengFu.
I got same quotation as GandalfR to ship to France.

In the quotation, they never tell about the size. How can I make sure I will be delivered in size L ?

Thanks !

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
In the quotation, they never tell about the size. How can I make sure I will be delivered in size L ?

Melody just answered me :
"
L size is 19.5", ok.
If you pay by bank transfer, pls choose to pay off all bank fees of two sides. We must receive net amount $2373 of order. When you confirm to order and pay now, pls show me your shipping information (consignee, shipping address and phone number) I will send order invoice for you to pay.
"

I'm not used to do such bank transfer, I'm not sure about the banks fees... Do you think it is better to go with Paypal then ?

Kevin

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Hi All,
After having read most threads on "the Cheeb" I'm also about to order the pieces from DengFu.
I got same quotation as GandalfR to ship to France.

Thanks !
"
L size is 19.5", ok.
If you pay by bank transfer, pls choose to pay off all bank fees of two sides. We must receive net amount $2373 of order. When you confirm to order and pay now, pls show me your shipping information (consignee, shipping address and phone number) I will send order invoice for you to pay.
"

I'm not used to do such bank transfer, I'm not sure about the banks fees... Do you think it is better to go with Paypal then ?

Kevin

J'ai préféré utiliser paypal pour avoir l'assurance, ca fait + 4.2% pour l'assurance (à toi de voir) et +-5% de plus pour le change. tu peut voir avec ta banque si ils ont une solution moins chères, mais il n'y aura pas l'assurance. Apres avec paypal j'ai jamais eu de litige sur des sommes aussi importante, en cas de problèmes comment ca se passe ?

Quelle que soit la solution que tu choisi, comme te le dit melody, ils doivent recevoir le montent exact de la facture en USD.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
"
L size is 19.5", ok.
"

Kevin
Use TransferWise, and a Credit Card for Payment. I did that, and paid about 20 Euro including all fees. It‘s a little bit of work to create an account, but payment was easy to execute and worked very well.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I did notice that my usual supplier has very little stock of 18650 cells at the moment (all brands), I'd assumed it was a Brexit issue,
World wide shortage I'm afraid, too many EV's being made whilst hard to mine and transport rare earth materials in Covid times.

All to easy to blame everything on Brexit, cheap shot usually by the Beeb and the Guardian :).

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
This is my first time doing a bank transfer payment, no fee. Does this info look familiar/legit? Please advise if you have done so and thank you in advance. I'm feeling a bit nervous sending large $$$$ to a bank in HK.

DengFu bank account info.JPG

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
Use TransferWise, and a Credit Card for Payment. I did that, and paid about 20 Euro including all fees. It‘s a little bit of work to create an account, but payment was easy to execute and worked very well.
Thaeber, Please check if this bank info above look same as the one that you had transfer $$$$ to?

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
ok, it's good to know and I feel better sending it now.
Hello, Melody keeps on saying they did not received my transfer. But the money is gone on my side and hellobank don't help much.
Melody says she has received payment from another customer in the meantime.. is that yours ?
Kevin

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
Hello, Melody keeps on saying they did not received my transfer. But the money is gone on my side and hellobank don't help much.
Melody says she has received payment from another customer in the meantime.. is that yours ?
Kevin
No, I did not buy w her. She’ll NOT sell to us/ca

Lucky Pete

Nov 24, 2020
Hakuba Japan
Kevin
Did you use transferwise or similar?

murro

Apr 13, 2021
Surrey
I ordered my 19” on the 5th of jan and got the frame a month after but am still waiting for the motor/battery I was told today the battery is ready and the motor is coming next week,I am messaging him though AliExpress but paid though ebay.
Hi, did you get hit with custom duties and vat on delivery? I'm looking for the same setup but its a lottery what local taxes you now need to budget for. Any personal experiences appreciated E10 with M600 and 17.5AH battery.

beej

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2021
Melbourne, AUS
Hi everyone.

New here, thought I'd chime in here with an update on the current pricing I received from our good friend Melody:

Item
Price
E10 in UD matt finish$799
A headset for E10$14
Rear thru axle for E10$10
M600 Bafang motor 48V 500W$650
Battery 48V 16Ah$430
Shipping cost to Germany including tax prepaid$470
Paypal fee4.2%

Note the battery they're shipping currently is 16Ah and not 17.5Ah and it's increased from $350 to $430. Melody informed me that the cells used to make the 17.5Ah battery are not available.

Just got exactly the same quote, but USD$400 to Australia instead of USD$470. That's a helluva shipping charge.

I'm pretty sure I've read the exact ID measurements for top and bottom headset cups - I'd probably omit those and roll my own.

Can a RS Maxle or equivalent bolt into the rear?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
hi. i need help from est europe guys.
After several exchange with bafang i have understand that warrantty is charge of supplier not the manufacturer. i have also constated that dengfu do not answer and provide help if you have a problem with the motor.
It is the raison why i want to prurchase an motor in spare, but in europe to be sure to have warranty on. But i do not find any supplier ? all link to supplier provided do not answer ? only TOSA have answered to say they are sold out. Does anybody can communicate an contact with serious european supplier who could sale an motor bafang serial M and shipping it to france.
thank you of your help

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles