Dengfu E10/ Bafang M600 Error code 30

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
OMG. I'm at my wits end here :D

Every time I ride up a hill, I get error 30. Can any one help me?

I've tried pulling the battery out, pulling out the cables, disconnecting the screen, letting the motor cool down (even though its not even close to hot) etc etc. When I turn it back on, the battery shows 0% (even if its 100%) and then just turns off after about 5 seconds. For a bike that's less than a day old, it rides totally sweet but definitely sucks in the electronics department lolololol

Apparently there is some software that you can use to update it or something? I only have access to a Mac and not a PC so im sure if this is helpful or not.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 7.13.38 pm.png

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
err 30 is "Communication abnormality of controller and display". check all yous connctors are correctely inserted (motor/display). i have seen an post where somebody explain how check correct insertions, but i don't remember where ? search it.

Personally to avoid these recurent problem of connector not enough inserted, i put silicone grease on it

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
err 30 is "Communication abnormality of controller and display". check all yous connctors are correctely inserted (motor/display). i have seen an post where somebody explain how check correct insertions, but i don't remember where ? search it.

Personally to avoid these recurent problem of connector not enough inserted, i put silicone grease on it

Do I also need to put the silicone grease on the motor end? Or just the display end?

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
I have just gone through and lubed everything and made sure that they are inserted correctly and all of the way in. I will test ride again tomorrow and report back to you all!

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
Ok, so....You think that you've stuck the chord into the back of the head unit, it clicks in, it goes in, but then you've really gotta jam the god damn thing in nice and deep. The problem seems to be solved! Ride on!

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
It is worth mentioning that you should check that no cables are pinching or have any bends whilst using the bike. I imagine that when their is no load on the bike, it works. When loaded with the weight of a rider, a cable could be pinched or rub against something within the frame preventing communication. In addition, ensure (once all cables are secure) that all motor to chassis bolts are torqued up correctly to eliminate play when pedaling.

Take it from someone who's build bafang emtbs, the best way is to check all cables methodically to ensure nothing is moving/bending unnecessarily.

Good luck buddy ?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Ok, so....You think that you've stuck the chord into the back of the head unit, it clicks in, it goes in, but then you've really gotta jam the god damn thing in nice and deep. The problem seems to be solved! Ride on!
Sounds funny. Experiences You make before You get married...

Animalector

Jan 2, 2021
Cairns, Australia
I have had some experience. I have found that if I am on the "Trip" display, I have no problems, but if I am on the "Power" display so I can see my Watts, I will receive an error 30. Fix by removing the battery and reinserting.

The solution is not to monitor the Watts or anything other than the trip distance. It's a bug, and I have notified Bafang (I think they don't care).

The problem 'might' have been caused by something else, but each time I have tried to monitor my Watts it's gone error 30.

Best of luck.
Andy

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles