My Dengfu E10 with Bafang M600

Hondy

Mar 11, 2021
simba124
Hello Karl ,very nice bike ,,what kind off range you are getting out of your'e bike ?

Should the battery deliverd with the dengfu set (=large one) should be comparible with you're own bild battery ?

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
The range is between 60 and 70 km and approx. 1800 Hm, depending on your own contribution. At 720 Wh, the battery is a bit weaker than that of the Dengfu set.

Hondy

Mar 11, 2021
simba124
OK thx for the reply ..thats not bad at all i should say ..(-: nice carbon plate (= skitplate) ... also made youre self ?

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
Hi. I have a bafang m600 motor, would like to ask for assistance or advice if any, my motor is acting strange. Sometimes when i pedal after a freewheel, it wont assist. The motor sounds strange. But when i freewheel and pedal again, it goes back to normal. Hope you can help. Thanks

marcos

May 20, 2019
madrid
Hi. Mine arrive at last!!!
DENGFU 1.jpeg

I,m having problems with the Bafang motor, I can't start it. Al cables conected, battery full charged but the damn bike doesnt start.
Is there any trick??? Combination of buttons or something????

marcos

May 20, 2019
madrid
My experiencie at the momment (two rides) is, that if you use the huge power the motor has, the battery runs out very very quickly...
Bike is fantastic, the geometry is quite good (thanks Rob;)) Climbing and descending. Motor perfomance is great, but you need to slow down your enthusiasm if you want to suspass the 1300 total elevation gain in technical rides. (I'm 90kg weight).
First day 25km 1250Hm battery arrives under 30% and assisting lower than normal... some ascent garden rocks, one firewall??? (an artificial separation in one wood for fire prevention purposes) around 200 m over 35% slope with loose terrain.
Second day. 34 km 750Hm battery remains 31%. The ride did have 3 kilometers of very very sloped and technical climb (Fifth mode and throttle, Fantastic bike performance :)) and many descent km speeding up, breaking down, speeding up again using the motor a lot, very very funny.
The wrongs of the baffang I had nottice at the momment are:
The low quality of the controls & the display, I can´t read clearly the battery indication, I'm not sure but I believe that sometimes it shows missreads with the battery level, the first day I did read 18% the assist was very weak and when I did arrive the car it shows 30%.
Another wrong I have detect is the assist sensor (sorry I don't know how to translate the "sensor de par" the electronic component who decides when and how the motor assist ) it is quite imprecise when you are climbing full power and stop pedaling the motor continues so you have to use the brakes. With the shimano it doesn't happens.

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
My experiencie at the momment (two rides) is, that if you use the huge power the motor has, the battery runs out very very quickly...
Bike is fantastic, the geometry is quite good (thanks Rob;)) Climbing and descending. Motor perfomance is great, but you need to slow down your enthusiasm if you want to suspass the 1300 total elevation gain in technical rides. (I'm 90kg weight).
First day 25km 1250Hm battery arrives under 30% and assisting lower than normal... some ascent garden rocks, one firewall??? (an artificial separation in one wood for fire prevention purposes) around 200 m over 35% slope with loose terrain.
Second day. 34 km 750Hm battery remains 31%. The ride did have 3 kilometers of very very sloped and technical climb (Fifth mode and throttle, Fantastic bike performance :)) and many descent km speeding up, breaking down, speeding up again using the motor a lot, very very funny.
The low quality of the controls & the display, I can´t read clearly the battery indication, I'm not sure but I believe that sometimes it shows missreads with the battery level, the first day I did read 18% the assist was very weak and when I did arrive the car it shows 30%.
Another wrong I have detect is the assist sensor (sorry I don't know how to translate the "sensor de par" the electronic component who decides when and how the motor assist ) it is quite imprecise when you are climbing full power and stop pedaling the motor continues so you have to use the brakes. With the shimano it doesn't happens.
What size battery did you get

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Are you mounting the m500 or the m600 (as you said you did use the throttle)? And can you tell us if you do habe the 840 wh battery us we do? Thanks a lot

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
840 wh m600
So that is the reason you do have poor battery performance. Think that most of the members here ordered the m500 becase that is the only legal motor for use in public area. I guess with the m500 battery consumption should be way better. Maybe someone else can tell us more

marcos

May 20, 2019
madrid
This is the M600 thread, this is why I write here. M500 is less powerfull so logicaly battery will last more long... Anyway if you don't use the huge power M600 brings, battery consumption will be better... Next time I will try a less demanding ride and see how many Hm can I get... :)

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
This is the M600 thread, this is why I write here. M500 is less powerfull so logicaly battery will last more long... Anyway if you don't use the huge power M600 brings, battery consumption will be better... Next time I will try a less demanding ride and see how many Hm can I get... :)
Oh, you are right ???

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Then - is the display working? If it isn't then the motor won't work. Ensure the two cables are pushed very, very, very firmly into the back of the display.

Hello Dengfu factory,

At what point will we here in the USA be able to get access to the e10 frame? As I understand it Luna Cycles made some sort of deal with you to be the sole importer? That would be ok if they seemed to be making an effort to supply the US market with your product but after their initial run of them it seems that they are not in any hurry to re-supply to fulfill the demand here.

Fully realize that Covid has taken it's toll on the supply chain but it is a little hard to see DIY bikes being built and ridden in other countries without the ability to do so here.

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
Nice built ! I like the color. :)

I'm still waiting for my frame. Can you tell the references of the different components you have used ?

Regards,
Kevin
Hi I used RockShox yari 180mm RockShox rc3 216×63 Offset bushing front and rear for shock 27.5 dt swiss 370 wheels madura 05 brakes 200mm front and rear and matt black spray from Halfords 150mm dropper seatpost 31.6 and the only thing I brought brand new was the seatpost most of it off Facebook marketplace or eBay

Kiwin

Mar 24, 2021
France
Hi I used RockShox yari 180mm RockShox rc3 216×63 Offset bushing front and rear for shock 27.5 dt swiss 370 wheels madura 05 brakes 200mm front and rear and matt black spray from Halfords 150mm dropper seatpost 31.6 and the only thing I brought brand new was the seatpost most of it off Facebook marketplace or eBay

Thanks !

Do you have 10 or 11 speeds ? (or 12 ?) Did you keep the chainring from bafang ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles