Wiring tutorial Dengfu E10 and Bafang M510

Lotus Emira

Jun 4, 2023
Rotterdam
I cannot find tutorials on bike builds. I see scattered tips and tricks, but everything came without manuals.
I never built an Ebike, now I have an E10 and Bafang M510. Wiring is not intuitive enough for me to know what is what and also what have we learned are the best methods for cable routings? I guess all Bafang motors are fairly similar.
Has anyone (photo) documented their build?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
I cannot find tutorials on bike builds. I see scattered tips and tricks, but everything came without manuals.
I never built an Ebike, now I have an E10 and Bafang M510. Wiring is not intuitive enough for me to know what is what and also what have we learned are the best methods for cable routings? I guess all Bafang motors are fairly similar.
see Rob's video about his assemble

ExMoshon

Jul 5, 2023
Uk Staffordshire
What do you need to know? The loom is only just long enough the power connector to the motor barely reaches. The wires are just long enough to hide the main loom connector in the headstock as long as you run the display on the right. I can take some photos if you let me know which bits your struggling with.

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
Does this help?
My 510 has the plugs color coded, it's just plug and play.
Bafang Ultra wiring diagram (3).jpg

E43E2DDA-1BB6-46B0-8DAD-6C37B72CD8D8.png

Last edited:

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
I managed to put it all together and make it work. Indeed, connectors are color coded and only fit where they belong.
As a piece of advice for newbies like me reading this thread, make sure that connectors are fully inserted, as the connection is made only when they are bottomed out in their sockets. Because of this, I learned that it is better to insert all connectors to the motor before putting it in its place and fixing it, because you can better apply force to insert them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles