Bafang m510

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
I have experience it is reliable, I was riding M600 still on 1000W and no issue. M510 has same internals.
And yes, it is silent, M510 has little higher pitch comparing to M500.

And this is new K1 speed unlocker, support also M510 power maps adjustments, Startup Angle and Acceleration. Also has an auto reset function to legal speed after power on. Can be installed inside frame or outside. Will be available soon for purchase.

IMG_20221208_100307.jpg

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hi guys. Pardonme for the rookie question. I'm trying to build Degfu e10 with an M510 motor. Motor comes with this wire for the speed sensor. It has a second purple output (probably a gearshift cable) but the plastic connector is exactly in the middle with the frame hole. Maybe I need to buy another wire or shorten this one? Thanks

photo_2022-12-09_02-09-22.jpg photo_2022-12-09_02-09-28.jpg

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Iscander you are right, let me explain.

M600 set was comming with a simple cable (one connector to motor, one to sensor) and shorter cable. Also sensor was with shorter cable and it fit perfectly with Dengfu frames.

Latest M510 sets is comming with more cables and front and back cable is split (to light cables, batrery CAN, shift sensor, brake sensors, and no throttle connector!). And as you writing, that rubber block on speed sensor now fit exactly in front of the hole and next to tire, which is really stupid.

1. I was asking Chili and they are somehow not willing to let me choose cables I need. Which I dont understand, what for politics is this (maybe in some default cable set its cheaper for them. With custom cables more expensive - but I dont care about this, I would pay for that cables.)

2. Yes you can shorten it and get rid completelly of that rubber block in the middle. Best solution - cut both cables and weld at the end of speed sensor connectir, which is going to motor ( you will get rid of middle connectors also).

The problem is, now I need to fix everything after Bafang and dengfu, which is a pain and takes quite lot of time (I shouldnt be fixing wrong cabling, wrong charging connector, Battery on/off to shorten inside, padding for battery - recently 1mm play, to put gasquet under battery cover, fix bolts with proper loctite, change headset, to buy extra charger - current one is shit. And this is the problem with Dengfu, they dont care about details. If you building only one ebike for you, it is ok. If you building them 10, it gonna sum up, cost me time and extra money.

What I did, I have bought that simple cables for speed sensor from Bafang including main cables with throttle connector.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Thanks for your message. I saw on the bafang website 1t1 cable only one cable between the sensor and the motor. But I can't find it on aliexpress. Maybe I need to ask someone who sells bafang products. Without a spare cable, it's a little tricky to cut it.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
You wont find it on Ali. :(

Why tricky? Just cut it as in picture and weld connector (the one which is plugging into motor) to end of cable with speed sensor. I think you wont need light cable and shift connector.

Notice, they have changed also length. Left sensors from M510, right cables from M600.

IMG_20221209_161737.jpg

Acron

Oct 11, 2022
Vtt
Hi M510 users !

I haven't been trough the 42 pages of this post ;)
I wonder if, after a few months use, you find the Bafang M510 :
- reliable,
- silent ?

And for those who have tested other motors, how does it compare with the Bosch Gen 4, Shimano EP8, Yamah PW-X2 or Brose S ?

Thanks !
hello, I also asked for opinions, but no one answered... mine has traveled 300kms, it had a lateral play in the axis of the pedalboard (from the new reception), and the last time it whistled while turning the pedalboard , I'm thinking about rolling. returned to after-sales service.

I don't know posted a video.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Iscander you are right, let me explain.

M600 set was comming with a simple cable (one connector to motor, one to sensor) and shorter cable. Also sensor was with shorter cable and it fit perfectly with Dengfu frames.

Latest M510 sets is comming with more cables and front and back cable is split (to light cables, batrery CAN, shift sensor, brake sensors, and no throttle connector!). And as you writing, that rubber block on speed sensor now fit exactly in front of the hole and next to tire, which is really stupid.

1. I was asking Chili and they are somehow not willing to let me choose cables I need. Which I dont understand, what for politics is this (maybe in some default cable set its cheaper for them. With custom cables more expensive - but I dont care about this, I would pay for that cables.)

2. Yes you can shorten it and get rid completelly of that rubber block in the middle. Best solution - cut both cables and weld at the end of speed sensor connectir, which is going to motor ( you will get rid of middle connectors also).

The problem is, now I need to fix everything after Bafang and dengfu, which is a pain and takes quite lot of time (I shouldnt be fixing wrong cabling, wrong charging connector, Battery on/off to shorten inside, padding for battery - recently 1mm play, to put gasquet under battery cover, fix bolts with proper loctite, change headset, to buy extra charger - current one is shit. And this is the problem with Dengfu, they dont care about details. If you building only one ebike for you, it is ok. If you building them 10, it gonna sum up, cost me time and extra money.

What I did, I have bought that simple cables for speed sensor from Bafang including main cables with throttle connector.
You're right, we don't have to finalize anything. But we do it because we like it. Who does not like to work with a file and a hammer buys a ready-made bike for 10,000 euros. I assembled aluminum bicycles with the M600 and M400 motor 5 years ago. After I drove 500 km on bicycles, the wires were worn out, the wires were stupidly made out of the frame. And they still work.

Catweazle

Dec 10, 2022
Geseke
Guten Morgen
kennt jemand die Besst-Software und könnte mir helfen?
Es gibt eine neue Software für den M510, wie Sie auf dem Bild sehen können. Aber ich kann es nicht herunterladen, wenn ich den Motor anschließe und versuche, zu aktualisieren, sagt das System immer, dass kein Update verfügbar
ist. LG

Screenshot (21).png

Catweazle

Dec 10, 2022
Geseke
Good morning
does anyone know the Besst software and could help me?
There is new software for the M510 as you can see in the picture. But I can't download it, when I plug in the engine and try to update, the system always says no update available
is. LG

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
You see, you can write also the way we all understand!

There are 3 revisions now of this motor (and probably fourth on the way).

I suppose this version 3.6 will be the last revision (identification byte 0x91) and you dont have compatible controller for this version. Send me the bin file, I will check what version it is.

Bafang coded Besst very stupid, it wont tell you anything, no message, it just wont start to flash.

What version of firmware you have now in the motor? I would say, you will be able to flash version 3.2

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Guten Morgen
kennt jemand die Besst-Software und könnte mir helfen?
Es gibt eine neue Software für den M510, wie Sie auf dem Bild sehen können. Aber ich kann es nicht herunterladen, wenn ich den Motor anschließe und versuche, zu aktualisieren, sagt das System immer, dass kein Update verfügbar
ist. LG

View attachment 102874
Can you explain me (us ?) how you find this version 3.6 ?

Catweazle

Dec 10, 2022
Geseke
I have component access and can therefore see many. Also who downloads updates what has just been ordered from Bafang and so on. But I haven't found out how to get the individual software updates yet, I've already found some, such as for the M300 and M400

Screenshot (22).png

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
36V firmeare v16.1 and would say it is 2nd revision of motor. Have you tried to flash v3.5 here?
There is also mess with version numbers. I have 3rd revision of motor with 36V 19A firmware and version is 7.5.

How come, you have such an access level into Besst? Are you a big dealer of Bafangs?

Last edited:

Sick Sinus

Dec 11, 2022
Berlin
Hey, I’m new here and have some questions about the m510. Hopefully my questions are not so dumb. I’m whatching this chat since a while and I’m not so sure about this motor and the whole policy with bafang…

What is the benefit of 36v firmware? The efficiency in lower cadence?

Can the 48v firmware run higher rpm? But who’s pedalling 120rpm without throttle.

Is the problem fixed in lower cadence with much power on the pedals by the 36v models?

Is there still a cut off by the 36v firmware when not using a official bafang battery with can communication.

And one last question. Is the 48v firmware running without problems?

Greets✌🏾

Last edited:

shikhov

May 11, 2022
Russia
A little report about my experience with the M510. I've tried all the firmware in this thread (REV_I) and they all have the problem of sudden power loss, no matter how many minutes I wait after powering up.

I'm currently running 43V firmware (my motor is 48V). I really like how it handles uphill. More than enough power for any steep climbs. Two disadvantages: wrong display of remaining capacity and unusable walking mode (extremely weak).
There have been no technical problems with the motor yet. The sound does not bother me.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
A little report about my experience with the M510. I've tried all the firmware in this thread (REV_I) and they all have the problem of sudden power loss, no matter how many minutes I wait after powering up.

I'm currently running 43V firmware (my motor is 48V). I really like how it handles uphill. More than enough power for any steep climbs. Two disadvantages: wrong display of remaining capacity and unusable walking mode (extremely weak).
There have been no technical problems with the motor yet. The sound does not bother me.
wich battery do you use ? BMS have external on/off switch (alike DENGFU and BAFANG batteries) or not

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles