Bafang m510

Jan 2, 2023
Mallorca
i buy only with battery case, so i can make maximum of 48v 17.5ah
Hi, This Flora told me that only 43v will fit this frame.. I prefer the look of your frame... how did you do it?? where did you buy the battery or did you just make yourself??? Please, if you do not mind.. let us know... thanks. What made you go for this frame as opposed to the 1 we are getting?? thanks

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Have you built it up?? Do you have any finished photos? how does it ride? are you happy with Flora?? I've had a bit of a nightmare if truth be known...
so far already make some transacton with her and never get disapponted. some little delay on shipping but it's normal.
Hi, This Flora told me that only 43v will fit this frame.. I prefer the look of your frame... how did you do it?? where did you buy the battery or did you just make yourself??? Please, if you do not mind.. let us know... thanks. What made you go for this frame as opposed to the 1 we are getting?? thanks
i have friend here can assembly battery, i choose this model cause it use Trunnion 205 rearshock. Maybe your frame model can only use bafang battery that it's only available 43v. sorry for my bad english.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Also, has anyone found a way to fix the motor turning off (for a second or fraction of a second) in mode 1 and 2 when riding flat or up a slight uphill. I read that the m510 takes a little longer (about a minute) to calibrate when turned on. But waiting more than a minute doesn't help remove the turn offs on my motor.
Many thanks!
whta firmware u have installed on your M510?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Also, has anyone found a way to fix the motor turning off (for a second or fraction of a second) in mode 1 and 2 when riding flat or up a slight uphill. I read that the m510 takes a little longer (about a minute) to calibrate when turned on. But waiting more than a minute doesn't help remove the turn offs on my motor.
Many thanks!
enter in the HMI parameters (check procedure in line following your model). Display controller hardware version and press + to see software version

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
enter in the HMI parameters (check procedure in line following your model). Display controller hardware version and press + to see software version
Thank you for the comment. I have these figures

20230107_014426.jpg 20230107_014030.jpg

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
About the rattling sound when passing obstacles. The sound is definitely coming from the motor when I am standing on the pedals. There is no noise when I pedal on rocks. I did a test at home. Constant pressure on the left pedal. I swing the motor shaft through the chain. The sound is the same as what I hear when I ride downhill. Does anyone have the same sound?
Guys what about sound? Do you have similar sounds?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
After tested M510 V2 about 100km here's my thought :
1. Smoother feeling
2. No more on off assist on light pedalling at flat terrain
3. No need to wait 10 seconds or more to operate
4. More natural feeling
5. Can be tuned via Besst Pro, already tested and i guarantee it's working
6. Less battery consumption after tuned with besst pro, with 840Wh just use 1 bar for about 40kms with 1000m elevation gain.
7. But it sound little louder than v1 , especially on high cadence

For me this is the best M series i ever had. I already had M600, M500, M410 and M510 v1. Next will try M820 for lightweight EMTB, hope March will arrive.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
1. Smoother feeling
4. More natural feeling
6. Less battery consumption after tuned with besst pro, with 840Wh just use 1 bar for about 40kms with 1000m elevation gain.

For me this is the best M series i ever had. I already had M600, M500, M410 and M510 v1. Next will try M820 for lightweight EMTB, hope March will arrive.
Did You test battery attenuation? Any power drop below 40/30/20/10% SoC?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
1. Smoother feeling
4. More natural feeling

Were you able to defeat on/off assist on v1 with the firmware?

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Were you able to defeat on/off assist on v1 with the firmware?

Guys, sharing 48V version 3.2 and revision " .i " (second version of motors).

Good behaviour, just when you reaching limit speed, you feel heavy resistance in pedals (which is caused with motor current controlling, not a resistance in transmission). So u need to have it speed unlocked.
try use this firmware. my v1 doing good with that firmware.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
For those who have controller rev1.0 and they can't upload rev 3.5 and 3.6 (like me), BAFANG have sent to me an rev 3.6 who i can uplioad without any problems. I can't try it currently (too many rain),.If somebody try it, share your opinion.

Attachments

• CRX10NC4814i101003.6-28-2230-boot3.0-90-20221109142919(1)(1).bin
    91.1 KB · Views: 117

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
For those who have controller rev1.0 and they can't upload rev 3.5 and 3.6 (like me), BAFANG have sent to me an rev 3.6 who i can uplioad without any problems. I can't try it currently (too many rain),.If somebody try it, share your opinion.
I have quickly test it under water. Too happy, no more power variations.
correction, after test on mountain, the power variations still occur. too bad

It have also a little time gap between cranks stop and motor stop. May be it's that who also prevent cutoff ? i can deal with it if i have no more power variations. And may be that could be an advantage in technical uphill when needs change position of crankarms ?

Last edited:

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I have quickly test it under water. Too happy, no more power variations.

It have also a little time gap between cranks stop and motor stop. May be it's that who also prevent cutoff ? i can deal with it if i have no more power variations. And may be that could be an advantage in technical uphill when needs change position of crankarms ?
Just to understand: Are You talking about controller rev „E“ or rev „I“ according to Github specifications? What firmware did You run before updating?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Just to understand: Are You talking about controller rev „E“ or rev „I“ according to Github specifications? What firmware did You run before updating?
At this time the only firmware who i could upload are 3.2 and 3.1-CS from rev "I". My controller hardware is rev CR X10N.510.FC 1.0.

My supplier have already sent me an 3.6 rev, but it could not download to my controller. Bafang have sent me this other 3.6 rev, and this one download and functioning.

Unfortunately, i don't think we can trust in file name, too easy to change it and too many circulate. In any case this one perform great modification in motor functioning at low charge. It will take more time and ride to saied more.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
At this time the only firmware who i could upload are 3.2 and 3.1-CS from rev "I". My controller hardware is rev CR X10N.510.FC 1.0.

My supplier have already sent me an 3.6 rev, but it could not download to my controller. Bafang have sent me this other 3.6 rev, and this one download and functioning.

Unfortunately, i don't think we can trust in file name, too easy to change it and too many circulate. In any case this one perform great modification in motor functioning at low charge. It will take more time and ride to saied more.
Thanks mate! So I‘ll give it a try as well. Would be interesting to get @Dado feedback on this new firmware. And it would be great if someone could upload it to GitHub 😊

Oct 17, 2022
PH
so far already make some transacton with her and never get disapponted. some little delay on shipping but it's normal.

i have friend here can assembly battery, i choose this model cause it use Trunnion 205 rearshock. Maybe your frame model can only use bafang battery that it's only available 43v. sorry for my bad english.
How far is the seat stay bridge to the seattube at full travel? You think 205x60 can work? What is also the size of dropper that you use? Sorry for many questions.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello guys.

Experimenting with M510 controller v2.0. And again getting sick of it. ;)
There are some new settings, just BESST Pro is not storing setup (I have only python login script for BESST Pro).
But what is worse it is defaulting into ridiculous power levels - 50% 75% 100% 100% 100%

If somebody has real login credential, can somebody share to try if this is just another bafang bug or if would work with real login?

And got also new colour display DPC 245. Looks good, I like new smaller buttons. Just was changed PASS levels 0 1 2 3 4 5 to 0 E T S S+ B (I like more numbers, you can orient faster when u look at display). And looks like PASS level 3 and 9 is gone, new display has only 5 levels.

IMG_20230110_185141.jpg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

Thanks mate for a firmware.

Will do a summary as starting to be mess with firmware version numbers and revision.

There was 3 revisions with M510 controller v1.0 (In file name after "i" 1010)

Very first revisions: 0x89 0x45 - check for first 2 bytes in hex file (switch to HEX view) - this one looks to me like controller from M600 as has same identification bytes
Second revision: 0x90 0x69 - firmware version 48V - v3.1 v3.2 v3.6
Third revision: 0x91 0x69 - firmware version 48V - v3.5

Revisions can not be mixed.
Patdam, can u pls. share bin file v3.6 for third revision?

M510 with controller 2.0 (in a file name 8010 after "F" - MMG522C3619F801005.1)
identification bytes can not tell now. We need to get some bin file. Not sure if is possible to read bin file from motor.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Thanks mate! So I‘ll give it a try as well. Would be interesting to get @Dado feedback on this new firmware. And it would be great if someone could upload it to GitHub 😊

Hello. Unfortunatelly dont have the second revision of M510. :( Now only third revision and new controller 2.0

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles