Bafang m510

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Hello guys.

Experimenting with M510 controller v2.0. And again getting sick of it. ;)
There are some new settings, just BESST Pro is not storing setup (I have only python login script for BESST Pro).
But what is worse it is defaulting into ridiculous power levels - 50% 75% 100% 100% 100%

If somebody has real login credential, can somebody share to try if this is just another bafang bug or if would work with real login?

And got also new colour display DPC 245. Looks good, I like new smaller buttons. Just was changed PASS levels 0 1 2 3 4 5 to 0 E T S S+ B (I like more numbers, you can orient faster when u look at display). And looks like PASS level 3 and 9 is gone, new display has only 5 levels.

View attachment 104355
Good to see that You are digging into the latest revision of the M510. Please keep us posted on
- engine noise
- engine performance/ cut out / PAS level power
- battery attenuation

Thanks in advance mate!

Catweazle

Dec 10, 2022
Geseke
1673388319920.png

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I still have these
this is software for M510 ? ok i see they are for controller hardware rev 2.0.

It will be beeter to take care before share software, may be it's better to share software who had been "really" upload to avoid confuse and breakdown

Last edited:

Catweazle

Dec 10, 2022
Geseke
Hi The software is originally downloaded from Bafang if you look at the accompanying photos you can see it. That's why I uploaded the photos so that you can recognize this

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hi The software is originally downloaded from Bafang if you look at the accompanying photos you can see it. That's why I uploaded the photos so that you can recognize this
is there a new firmware for M510 F2 version?? maybe better than original 1st firmware, reduce power under 10% battery left.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I have modified my appreciation of soft rev 3.6, after test on mountain. The power variations still occur. i prefer finally the 3.2 rev, more or less the same power variations but no gap between crankarms stop and motor stop. thay could be an advantage in hard technical climb, not really problem in down because you can switch to PAS 0, but it's a problem when you change rear pignons => its cracks and when you ride on ice (n) => we fall.

One remark, no differences between wait or no after switch on the motor

Last edited:

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
@Catweazle OT > How you gent an access here? I have a besst and bafang account but cannot see the firmware tab.
Could you check the last avaiable firmwares for M500 and M600?

Catweazle

Dec 10, 2022
Geseke
Hi Access is not the same as access, the higher you are classified at Bafang, the more authorizations you have and can work with this program

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
@Catweazle OT > How you gent an access here? I have a besst and bafang account but cannot see the firmware tab.
Could you check the last avaiable firmwares for M500 and M600?
Mate, there are not all the firmwares. There is a menu item, where are some firmwares to motors and display to download.
1673892392255.png

pgz

Jan 20, 2023
Polan
Hello,

I want to buy e10 frame with m510 and I have 2 questions:

1. Can this motor assist with standard speed above 25kmh? (no speed limit)
2. Can I easy integrate thumb throttle? Plug&Play?

Thank you

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hello,

I want to buy e10 frame with m510 and I have 2 questions:

1. Can this motor assist with standard speed above 25kmh? (no speed limit)
2. Can I easy integrate thumb throttle? Plug&Play?

Thank you
1. Can remove speed limit using bafang besst tool
2. Plug and play and ask seller to include it for free

and my advise choose M510 F2 version, it is the best M series motor i ever have.

pacotomi

May 3, 2021
España

and my advise choose M510 F2 version, it is the best M series motor i ever have.

Hello, I have a new M510 engine, how can I know if it is the F2 version, thanks.

pgz

Jan 20, 2023
Polan

It's a windows app? How it's connection to an engine made? some cables? thanks

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Would be interesting to know if the updated controller could be purchased separately…
i have requested to bafang contacts, but they never answered at this time and they don't answer more since i have informed they that power variations still occur with 3.6 :mad::mad:

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I start to believe Your motor problems are caused by hardware issues. My motor runs flawless (with really minor exemptions) since April now, same revision / controller You have.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I start to believe Your motor problems are caused by hardware issues. My motor runs flawless (with really minor exemptions) since April now, same revision / controller You have.
It's not "major" problem, lot off less than original revision. It's mostly occur in end of exit, when i try to ride at economy (low battery). Troublesome because generally in these situation i'm tired and i bears badly that in comparaison of the good functioning when i'm on fire.

I have registered that your and some others well functioning, i search. I found one scratchy bearing on derailleur wheels. I doubt that could perform power variations ? but i need to test one more time now after repaired.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles