IMG_0354.JPG

Manufacturer: Decathlon
Model: Stilus
Model Year: 2020
Price Paid: £2700
New/Used: Brand New
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: This is my first EMTB.

I did not want to spend a fortune but I did want the latest generation motor and decent full suspension.

Well apart from the sheer hassle of trying to purchase online from Decathlon - unbelievable - don't get me started! - the bike has been brilliant.

I have or am in process of changing - tyres to tubeless - the rims are ready just need the tyre, valve and sealant and also pedals to flats with decent pins - the originals are slippy on technical sections.

I am getting 50 miles before I get low on battery and 'bottle it' then I top up just before I go for a ride.

I try to leave it between 30 and 60% battery in between rides.

I'm enjoying the variety of riding. I can run without any power at all and that's quite easy on the level or downhill; I use eco most of the time as I still get a good work out and plenty of miles.
I use all the other levels to ease my progress uphill's. I have a long term damaged ankle and knee which made steep hills out of the question. But now I can whizz up with ease!

Handling - I do not claim to be an ace. I can negotiate Leith Hill in Surrey and the Blue and occasional Red run at Bike Park Wales and that's about it.

In my opinion the bike handles well, feels really secure with the off road tubeless Veetyre on front and a Kenda that I had lying around for the back and soaks up all bumps and ruts with predictable ease.

On tyres - Decathlon state 27.5 x 2.8" but in fact they are 2.6". The advert on the website is incorrect apparently.

The Bosch motor was almost silent for the first few rides and now makes the ebike whine that most seem to do. switch the power to off and no noise at all and pedalling is not impeded at all except for the 'extra' weight of ebike over non assisted bike.

The only real noise is when I freewheel, there is a freewheel noise as so many bikes. No issues with the motor noise at all though.

Braking - I'm 95kg on the bike with water etc and so far I have not had any problems at all; I do tend to look ahead and anticipate rather than panic brake.

Any issues? The only thing that In have found is this - It is easy to get water in to the top of the battery cover as this is not completely sealed. This cant be a good thing IMHO. I have WD40'd all inside and then as I replace the battery after a charge I Duck tape the top to give a seal. So far so good.

Overall then. Very very pleased!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles