Review 2020 Decathlon E-ST 520

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
well, I've just bought one on your recommendation. My only issue will be whether the rack can clamp onto the fixed portion without the seat being too high. I'll keep you "posted" :)

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
These bikes look to be great value for the price, and from the comments above the bike looks to be well up to the task.

l may get one for my wife so we can go out together on rides.

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
well, I've just bought one on your recommendation. My only issue will be whether the rack can clamp onto the fixed portion without the seat being too high. I'll keep you "posted" :)
Fits nicely - I'll try it out tomorrow.

Alan

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
Well, I tried it out and, to be honest, I didn't notice much difference. But it wasn't bad or uncomfortable, so I will probably leave it on.

Alan

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
Well, I tried it out and, to be honest, I didn't notice much difference. But it wasn't bad or uncomfortable, so I will probably leave it on.

Alan
We went out on Saturday and the wife seems to like hers, as I did take an Allen key with me incase she wanted it adjusted.
Did a bit of a trail for a comparison to riding without this stem and she feels that this is kinder on her lower back. She is right on the bottom end of the weight for a light stem.

What I am definitely noticing with the 520 is that it does seem to climb better than my 900. Could be to do with the difference in our bodyweight (14st v 8st 7ib), but the 520 pulls away from me on every long hill going up some steep valleys.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles