YT Decoy thread part 2

Highway

Mar 3, 2019
Oslo
do you get W011 often?

This is the answer I got from YT regarding W011,

W011 is not a error at first, just a warning that something does not fit. You are also welcome to contact a Shimano Bike Shop near you and have it checked if the engine has stored an error.

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
do you get W011 often?

W011 is not a error at first, just a warning that something does not fit. You are also welcome to contact a Shimano Bike Shop near you and have it checked if the engine has stored an error.
Thanks. It is actually the first time as my bike has around 100km. I'll try to clean it and put it back

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
I thought I could get used to the Di2 push button shifter but after 4 rides it ain’t happening. My wrist is actually cramped from the awkward hand positioning required to shift gears. Did they actually ride these bikes to see if it functioned well? It’s nice and tidy looking but not ergonomic at all.

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
I thought I could get used to the Di2 push button shifter but after 4 rides it ain’t happening. My wrist is actually cramped from the awkward hand positioning required to shift gears. Did they actually ride these bikes to see if it functioned well? It’s nice and tidy looking but not ergonomic at all.

I've broken my wrists and thumbs and etc and the shifters are not good for me either...gonna make the change to a more traditional shifter...I do love the Di2 though.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Does it work with the e8000 shifter?
I’ve got one lying about..

A37BF9D8-198C-4975-88AC-2833ECAB8D11.jpeg

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
do you get W011 often?

Sadly just cleaned the sensors etc but error is still.there ...

nativeracer

Aug 24, 2019
California
@nativeracer Pls report back if the hanger is working just to be sure.
I received the 2019 Jeffsy derailleur mount today and it worked like a charm. SRAM eagle mounted right up with the new mount. I’ll report back on the shifting once I get a real ride in. On the street it was significantly better then the Shimano. Another plus is, I can now ride the bike without the power on, Di2 only works with the bike powered on. Kill the battery, no power to shift the derailleur on Di2. Also, I’ve done some rides without assistance and could use the 50t bail out gear on certain sections of climbs in my area.

AdH

Feb 2, 2019
Mustang
Not yet - no error codes whatsoever so far. Btw the motor stays surprisingly cool all the time.

Finally got an email from YT Lifka today: after my complaint about the motor rattle he told me to ship my decoy back to germany. I told him I was disappointed because Wilared said specifically shimano service centers would make customer service easier... so today he replied I should go and show my motor to my local Shimano center....
Mark, I think I have the same motor rattle, I started a new thread on the issue a couple of days ago, but the helpful suggestions form forum members haven’t addressed the issue. Having applied the back brake and put pressure on the pedals, when I bounce the back end the rattle disappears.
How did you resolve the issue? At a Shimano service centre, or did it go back to Germany?

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
Mark, I think I have the same motor rattle, I started a new thread on the issue a couple of days ago, but the helpful suggestions form forum members haven’t addressed the issue. Having applied the back brake and put pressure on the pedals, when I bounce the back end the rattle disappears.
How did you resolve the issue? At a Shimano service centre, or did it go back to Germany?
I had a constant error W011, Lifka said to ship the bike back to GErmany...by bike arrived with a destroyed box so I dont really think thats an option unless absolutely necessary.

I brought the bike to a Shimano service center and they already spoke with shimano directly and got a replacement cable...hopefully that will fix it.

Mauko

Jul 16, 2019
Finland
So my Decoy turned 1week old today. I`ve definitely enjoyed it hugely. Quite a bit of tuning still with tire pressures and shocks. I’m otherwise impressed but one thing bothers me. The immensly long cables on the front. I have a feeling the guys at YT have not cut the brake cables, but just installed them as is. Anyone else noticed the same. Quite a bit of work to cut the covers for derailleur and seatpost as well as brakes + rebleed them...

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
So my Decoy turned 1week old today. I`ve definitely enjoyed it hugely. Quite a bit of tuning still with tire pressures and shocks. I’m otherwise impressed but one thing bothers me. The immensly long cables on the front. I have a feeling the guys at YT have not cut the brake cables, but just installed them as is. Anyone else noticed the same. Quite a bit of work to cut the covers for derailleur and seatpost as well as brakes + rebleed them...
Same for mine. Quite the mess out front. Im going to have to wade into it though. SMe of the lines are in the way of my handlebar lights as is. Try and figure out something to get those rubber cable/frame boots too. Cant get ghem to stay in the frame holes. Little details. Besides that i really like how it rides. A playful beast. Putting a 170 air shaft in this week too

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
Same for mine. Quite the mess out front. Im going to have to wade into it though. SMe of the lines are in the way of my handlebar lights as is. Try and figure out something to get those rubber cable/frame boots too. Cant get ghem to stay in the frame holes. Little details. Besides that i really like how it rides. A playful beast. Putting a 170 air shaft in this week too
I read in another post that the best solution is to keep them in place with a zip tie

roQer

Jun 29, 2019
Ludwigshafen am Rhein

Rides definitely better with a 170 mm fork, at least with a Yari/Lyrik. The fork has like almost 10% sag right away on unloaded bike. I‘d even consider going to 180 mm if you’re on a Yari/Lyrik. May not apply to Fox 36, though.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Rides definitely better with a 170 mm fork, at least with a Yari/Lyrik. The fork has like almost 10% sag right away on unloaded bike. I‘d even consider going to 180 mm if you’re on a Yari/Lyrik. May not apply to Fox 36, though.
Canadian distribution is pretty low on stock on most things. I wouldve got a 180 shaft but 170 was in stock now so went with that. 180 boxxer next year and this 170 yari on an enduro bike is the plan

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
My only real complaint with the decoy so far is the low BB height, even with the flip chip in the high setting. My pedals are getting mashed and caused one low speed crash in a rock garden where it caught me off guard/off balance.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Youll probably get used to it. My other bike is a transition scout and its lower and has longer cranks. Love the low bb in the corners. Maybe jack your fork travel too

Frazzer

Sep 6, 2019
Londonish
Finding my Decoy is great DH but not agile enough on tighter trails. I was between sizes and opted to go up. Has anyone flipped the chip to high? if so how does it effect stability for someone whose Decoy is sized a little up already? My thinking is its already so stable with the size that I can sacrifice a bit of that to get some agility - and avoid those pedal strikes!

Obvious answer is to just try it - I will - but interested in others feedback

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles