YT Decoy 2021rumors...

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Hello everyone,

Sorry if you're looking for some news here, i have nothing for the moment... Saw a video online here where Sam from youtube channel "Sam's bike" is speaking about a new Decoy announced in January:

Any news from your side?

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
I too am drumming my fingers, waiting to hear.

Unusual not to see the odd snippet, photo or leak. The marketing department is doing a good a good job (if they are launching in Jan).

Will be interesting to see if the frame gets an update or if it will be just the integration of the EP8 motor.

There's a lot more credible competition this year!

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
You're right. It's weird there's no spy shot, leak, or whatever... I think they will keep the same frame design, but will try to integrate the new 640 mah battery. They were rumors of a 700 battery with the first Decoy, but I'm not sure it was released.

Same design with 700 battery. Sleeker design with 640 battery. And I'm not sure they will keep the mullet version. Everyone seems to go for 29" right now. Commencal did a great job with battery integration, for example.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would guess that given production issues in the bike market right now that they might be running significantly behind on there launch/protoyping/testing and that the bike may be delayed

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I had no idea of the impact of covid on bike production but it seems more important than I first thought. Commencal bike delivery is fro this summer only, what's the point of buying a 2021 bike in June or July when new model are realeased in July/August each year?

Honestly I'm waiting for some news on the Decoy before pulling the trigger and buy my first ebike.

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
I totally do not understand what YT is waiting for. Lots of brands have announced their 2021 models and when you order now, you might get it in summer.

People will simply run out of time and lose patience to wait for the new models. They will turn away from YT to make sure they get something for the summer season.

There is hardly anything available from YT, neither ebikes nor analog ones.

MTB911

Dec 20, 2020
PL
Check FB and you will find the answer.... Customer service is none existent.
You want to repair bike ... you have to wait many weeks, you want to buy a bike, you have to wait many months Great bikes but the rest is a disaster. Send them e-mail and check if someone replies :)

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Totally agree with you.
You want to repair bike ... you have to wait many weeks, you want to buy a bike, you have to wait many months Great bikes but the rest is a disaster. Send them e-mail and check if someone replies :)

IU sent them an email in order to know when new model will be announced. I don't want a day/month/hours, just ot know if it will be in February or later. We will see.

Meanwhile, canyon is teasing a really cool ebike:

(announced the 2nd of February)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think several brands are holding back on new model announcements until they actually have the ability to sell the bikes - a lot of the bikes announced over the last few months, e.g the new Marin, you can't get till the summer, same with the new Vitus, launched, but not yet for sale.

I actually think its a better move to announce the bikes and have them available shortly after, as TBH a lot of the bikes being announced now aren't going to be available for a long time, and thats pretty annoying.

MTB911

Dec 20, 2020
PL
probably enduro Torque Fox 38 + X2 :)
Looks that show 2 models Specytal EP8 + Torque EP8.
I wonder if Specytal CF9 will weigh less than 21kg with the new engine EP8.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I hope there not gonna lean towards specialized price...

@R120: you're probably right for the annoucement/availability strategy.

brewoz40

Jun 1, 2020
San Diego
I say they announce sometime next month, even it they can't begin shipping until summer some time. I feel they have to with everyone else releasing. I'm hoping for a complete overhaul of the decoy. Honestly say they have to, to many other bikes out there now with way better geo. If they don't do an overhaul, wont be buying a Decoy. Also hoping for a light emtb from them. Maybe 160/150, mullet, 350wt battery w/ext battery option, right around 40-42lbs, full power ep8, 64.5HTA, 450 reach in medium, that would be dope AF!

Dec 26, 2020
USA
what's the point of buying a 2021 bike in June or July when new model are realeased in July/August each year?

Part production, distribution is so behind; we might not see '22 announcements until late' 21 or later. ?

I was waiting on a June Commencal Meta Power Essential delivery but got lucky and saw one pop up in my size (and different color entirely) for Feb shipment. I called them and switched my order, they said someone who ordered back in the Fall canceled and they just added that one size to the site. I got lucky, just happen to see it at the right time.

Brad Trent

Dec 12, 2020
New York City
Totally agree with you.

IU sent them an email in order to know when new model will be announced. I don't want a day/month/hours, just ot know if it will be in February or later. We will see.

Meanwhile, canyon is teasing a really cool ebike:

(announced the 2nd of February)
I dunno...aside from the obvious EP8, it looks to me like Canyon is teasing nothing more than new Shocks & Forks, cuz unless they upped the rear travel, that Spectral frame looks exactly like last years.....?

31161111-6FA5-4091-A76A-C359F760F14D.jpeg

6E12B5FF-DF44-4CA9-B57B-29871BA0A5D0.jpeg

Oct 7, 2020
Cumming, GA
I have had nothing but super short response times and awesome customer service since I bought my Decoy last summer. Using blanket statements like that is just not correct information.

His_Turdness

Nov 12, 2020
Finland
I asked them about where to get a new chain guide and they were relatively fast with their reply, I think it was within 3 business days.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Useless intervention without any information... awesome

I stand by click bait title as there’s no
Information at all to be had in this thread about new models beyond saying yt customer service sucks, which it does in the uk apparently but not in USA... see other threads, also yt has addressed this in uk and are opening a headquarters... not some crazy brand loyalist but at least have some good info.

and if you don’t know that covid has disrupted global supply chains and the everything bike related it back ordered or delayed you must be a troglodyte..!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Interesting to see that the Decoy Shred won Direct Sales EMTB of the year in this months MBR, up against 4 other bikes, all with bigger. batteries and newer motors., including the EP8 Canyon SpectralON and the new Vitus E-Sommett - I know these reviews are subjective, but it goes to show that that the most important factor is still the basic geometry, ride and handling of the bike, rather than incremental differences between most of the motors - in the press Singletrack and MBR have been quite vocal on how they dont think that EP8 vs E8000 is that much of a difference out n the real world, which is pretty rare for mainstream media not to just be all praising of the latest greatest thing.

Ymersmoelf

Oct 19, 2019
Denmark
Spot on! From experience.... sadly :(

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I stand by click bait title as there’s no
Information at all to be had in this thread about new models beyond saying yt customer service sucks, which it does in the uk apparently but not in USA... see other threads, also yt has addressed this in uk and are opening a headquarters... not some crazy brand loyalist but at least have some good info.

and if you don’t know that covid has disrupted global supply chains and the everything bike related it back ordered or delayed you must be a troglodyte..!
Well, you're totally off topic too. We don't speak about delayed shipment, only about rumors on new models. Perhaps YT will not realease anything this year, but to be honest, they will be the only brand to do this... So I guess something will be realease this year. When? No one knows.

And yes i'm living in a troglodyte house. Why? Something special happen in the world? Bush is not president anymore?

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
I would suspect this is much like the issue that Commencal is facing .. a supply and demand situation. Sure you can launch a new bike .. BUT asking people to wait 6 months for it might be a stretch (cue up the forum negative comments on bike delays :mad: ... mmmmm .. haven't heard this complaint before) :LOL:

Would make more sense to launch the bikes closer to the date that a company can actually fulfill the order ... although it would be cool to know what is coming in the near future.

As far as the comments on YT customer service above, I throw my opinion in the "hat".

YT Canada and YT USA recently amalgamated service centers. Everything goes through the US service center now. YT USA has been nothing less than SPECTACULAR for providing customer service. I cannot emphasize that enough.

I cannot speak for the UK service area, but YT North America customer service is a model of what customer service should be.

That is my "plug" .... now where is my swag ?? :unsure::giggle:

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Just get last years model and have the time of your life. Wait a year to see if there are any more bugs with the EP8 motor, and reevaluate again this time next year.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Sent on Friday an email to YT customer service regarding the 2021 models and today I got a reply. They were really responsive.

This is what they replied:

Hi,

the new models will be presented in the next couple of weeks.

Our tip: Subscribe to the YT newsletter, so you don't miss out on anything.
you"re a legend! thx for this!

ionut.holbia

Dec 31, 2020
Lausanne
Sent on Friday an email to YT customer service regarding the 2021 models and today I got a reply. They were really responsive.

This is what they replied:

Hi,

the new models will be presented in the next couple of weeks.

Our tip: Subscribe to the YT newsletter, so you don't miss out on anything.

The website was also updated. The new bikes will be presented soon. Now I saw that some of the models from last year are in stock.

1611693591378.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles