yt decoy startup problem

Poupy

Mar 27, 2020
France
Hello, I have a problem with the button to turn on my mountain bike it’s been a few days that is intermittently broken (I have to press many times for that to turn on the bike. today despite hours trying to power it up c is impossible. when I plug the charger into the battery, the control screen turns on impossible to turn on the bike today, a false contact in the electrical harness, I disassembled, check and clean a large part of the system but this did not solve this problem.

Poupy

Mar 27, 2020
France
I think the problem comes from the battery connection/ electrical harness someone has t he already had this problem and managed to fix it thanks

YTPablo

Jun 27, 2020
Scotland
I would try getting some electric contact cleaning spray and doing the battery to bike connection. I did this after having trouble powering up after wet rides along with leaving the bike (with battery out) overnight with a fan heater. Hopefully it's nothing more sinister.

Poupy

Mar 27, 2020
France
That’s what I did, clean with compressed air, spray electrical contacts, still no power up.

it is only after charging the battery at 100% ( it had to be at 80%) that the power up has come back

I am still not understood why this failure appeared

YTPablo

Jun 27, 2020
Scotland
If its developed the problem after wet riding or washing the bike then I'd be stripping and drying out for longer. Failing that I'd try getting in touch with YT. Assume a delay with response to emails or a long wait on hold if phoning. They are going to tell you to send the bike back to them for further investigation though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles