E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Maybe a collaboration with Canyon?

8979AAFD-2D8E-4494-8F4A-029339004AD2.png

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Do we even know if its an ebike they are announcing tomorrow? ?
No... your right, but I can't imagine marketing department will do such a big mistake!

Edit: by the way, I'm a bit disappointed by the canyon line up. nothing new expect the Shimano motor.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I think there will be an all new capra, and an updated decoy using the new motor and maybe a new battery (ie the standard shimano battery), but the decoy frame will be otherwise the same. Maybe things like head angle will change because of using different length forks, but no major changes to the decoy would be my guess.

It wouldnt surprise me if the decoy ended up using the new motor, but the old YT battery . It will depend if the frame can accept the new shimano battery without massive changes.

Last edited:

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Same here. Probably a slimmer frame with the small 640 maH battery, new motor, and... that's all.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
my guess the reason for the specials is based on what they can get their hands on currently in enough numbers to justify a small run due to the regular edition bikes struggling for parts to complete. Flush out their remaining 2020 stock

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Predictions (from past and current day).

EP8
Fox 38 170 mm 44mm offset
HA: 64 degrees
Reach (size L) 470
Battery 630 wH (Shimano) - *** A real "cast" on this prediction - retrofittable to the YT frame via a bracket.
Shimano brakes and rotors
Bars and stem (e13) :cry::cry: (hope I am wrong)
Wheels - Crankbrothers
Tires: end of the 2.8 rear - 2.6 maybe
Pedals - NONE

YES !!! Had one prediction out of 10 correct !! (no pedals included)

With this "proven track record" maybe I'll apply to be a meteorologist :LOL::LOL:

OK so need to "copy/paste" in 2022 predictions :unsure:

Time to just ride .................

Bamba

Dec 13, 2020
Ca
my guess the reason for the specials is based on what they can get their hands on currently in enough numbers to justify a small run due to the regular edition bikes struggling for parts to complete. Flush out their remaining 2020 stock
Flush out what??? There is nothing in stock for months to sell. I think they would be happy to have anything at this point as it would sell right away. Frame and components shortage galore.

Bamba

Dec 13, 2020
Ca
That's very interesting!!! I just looked. Even Canada has shred and Elite models in stock now.

lokbot

Jan 26, 2021
Oregon
Flush out what??? There is nothing in stock for months to sell. I think they would be happy to have anything at this point as it would sell right away. Frame and components shortage galore.
They're flushing out their 2020 MTB frame stock. They were able to source parts for SRAM builds. Already had the frames. 2021 lineup haven't been announced yet.

Zubesuch89

Feb 4, 2021
Slovakia
So frustrating. I've been waiting for a new decoy with ep8 long enough. It is over. Great disappointment for me today. The worst is that even if you order somewhere else availability is announced for summer 2021. If you are lucky! If I could go back 2 months back I would have ordered elsewhere.

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
So frustrating. I've been waiting for a new decoy with ep8 long enough. It is over. Great disappointment for me today. The worst is that even if you order somewhere else availability is announced for summer 2021. If you are lucky! If I could go back 2 months back I would have ordered elsewhere.

I'm in totally the same boat as you.... I don't know what to do now

I had thought about Trek..... but now today no Large sizes left (unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money)

Did you know, you can buy a full works replica motorcycle trials bike for ~ £6,000, that's a LOT MORE engineering that a MTB.......

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn

They might have 100 frames but not enough parts for a whole bike. But but mixing and matching what avaible they might be able to use up all their left overs as specials, maximising profit in this high demand market. No point in discounting 2020 bikes they can't get the parts to finish them till Aug.

Left overs might not be such a bad thing for consumers either first there's a bikes to buy and 2nd you might get a better spec'd bike for the price out of it.

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
They might have 100 frames but not enough parts for a whole bike. But but mixing and matching what avaible they might be able to use up all their left overs as specials, maximising profit in this high demand market. No point in discounting 2020 bikes they can't get the parts to finish them till Aug.

Left overs might not be such a bad thing for consumers either first there's a bikes to buy and 2nd you might get a better spec'd bike for the price out of it.

I get that they want to maximize their profit and purge the last bit of stock but don't tease us with hints of something new coming when it's just a special of last years models....They could also just sell frames and let us build them out like most brands offer.....

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
FWIW, the "Hang in there - New models coming soon" slide on their website is still up, separate from the "new" Blaze edition.
I too was hoping for a new decoy, or even just added availability on the current models.
But if I was to take anything from this little distraction, it's that they announced the blaze, and at least in the US, they immediately showed up as available. Hoping the same happens if and when they announce a new decoy.

Also, not quite sure what the beetle / fire fly smash up was supposed to hint at. A Capra Blaze weights more than a similarly priced Capra pro.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France

Was in the hype train for Canyon and YT new ebikes.
Was disappointed with Canyon line up.
And now the same with YT.

Bamba

Dec 13, 2020
Ca
Don't wait for an updated decoy. Get a current decoy if you can and don't have one yet. It is a blast. Don't fix what's not broken. Love everything about it. Don't feel a need for any new engine. I don't know what I'm missing because I haven't personally ridden an ep8, but am good with what I have. Works for everything I ride perfect. ( Will gladly upgrade the shock when opportunity come... )

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thing is the "hype train " is for bikes that really aren't much different to what their offering now - there is no game changing bike about to come out, if you like YT just get the current decoy, the E8000 with their proprietary battery gives not far off the range of an EP8 with a 630wh battery, and the extra power isn't going to make a jot of difference in the real world.

The main thing YT need to do is pul their thumb out and get that 700wh battery to market.

Zubesuch89

Feb 4, 2021
Slovakia
same here... Canyon Spectral ON disappointed me with absolutely non-agressive geometry. I expected updated geo - slacker HTA and maybe slightly more travel than 150mm front and rear. And the decoy sad story... well, everything was said.

Bamba

Dec 13, 2020
Ca
Thing is the "hype train " is for bikes that really aren't much different to what their offering now - there is no game changing bike about to come out, if you like YT just get the current decoy, the E8000 with their proprietary battery gives not far off the range of an EP8 with a 630wh battery, and the extra power isn't going to make a jot of difference in the real world.

The main thing YT need to do is pul their thumb out and get that 700wh battery to market.
Agreed. That promised battery from 2019 is key.

Bamba

Dec 13, 2020
Ca
Agreed. That promised battery from 2019 is key.
Or a bracket fitting to a stock shimano battery that someone suggested earlier in this thread. I love that idea even better. At least go main stream with the battery. Though I do have to say that the 540 battery I have has never given me any issues whatsoever. Just more range is all I need sometime...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles