Decoy 29 - Ultimate Thread

photocycycler

May 2, 2020
PNW
Thought it would be good for the new 29er to have a thread where people can post pictures of their 29er as well as modifications and tips they have made.

I just ordered a base 29er, was in heavy debate between the normal Comp and Pro 29 but coming from a Jeffsy I knew the less travel would be more playful and fun for my riding here in Oregon.

Immediate plans to swap brakes, tires and suspension. Going with Fox, considering adding a 38 up front and maybe a X2 in back, thinking can be dialed in for the less GNAR and then opened up for more gnarly trails when the extra cush is needed.

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
Thought it would be good for the new 29er to have a thread where people can post pictures of their 29er as well as modifications and tips they have made.

I just ordered a base 29er, was in heavy debate between the normal Comp and Pro 29 but coming from a Jeffsy I knew the less travel would be more playful and fun for my riding here in Oregon.

Immediate plans to swap brakes, tires and suspension. Going with Fox, considering adding a 38 up front and maybe a X2 in back, thinking can be dialed in for the less GNAR and then opened up for more gnarly trails when the extra cush is needed.
Have you changed up to the 38 yet? I have a decoy 29 on order and I was thinking the same thing and upping to 160mm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles