Yet another Decoy creaking thread

Hobdog

Jun 13, 2020
Albany, OR. USA
I know there are several of these threads but I’m looking for some info on pivot bearing replacement. Does anyone know of any company’s that have higher quality bearing packages for the decoy. I couldn’t find any info about what bearings yt uses but I’m guessing there are some higher quality replacements.
Our group of ebikes have four decoys in it and three out of the four have horrible creaking. I’m about to pull mine apart and when I do I want to replace the bearings to eliminate one variable and see if we can get to the root of the problem

Hobdog

Jun 13, 2020
Albany, OR. USA
I haven’t yet so when I got home today I tried to remove the main pivot and had to stop because I didn’t want to break anything. I got the small bolt out and then with a 6mm started to thread the pivot bolt out and after a couple rotations it gets tough to turn. I unhooked the shock and removed the rear tire to make sure there was nothing binding. I can see the backside of the pivot bolt unthreading on the opposite side. From the parts diagram on yt’s site it appears there are two pieces to the pivot assembly. Am I supposed to back up the opposite side of the pivot bolt to remove it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles