Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
I thought this was the seat post size, I not sure if the thickness of the carbon frame is similar to an alloy one. In this case it would be 34.9, but I don't know...

sorry i thought you wrote seat post. I unfortunately do not know what seat clamps are.

Tami

Jan 19, 2021
Germany
My frame is being shipped next week but yeh they can’t send the battery or motor yet hopefully it don’t take to long be nice to have it sorted in a couple of months
I got my frame first and after 5 weeks the motor and battery(from hungary) the tracking awb does not work you get the info but not where your package is . And then suddenly you have it at your doorsteps;)

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
I did purchase the 210x55
So you'll have to take care next time with components that are integratedin your videos ??. Thanks Rob for your answer ?

Screenshot_20210118_202813_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Does anyone know if the frame comes with the bearing cups are already installed and we just need to install the bearings and the spacers?
Can someone give me advice to what parts I'll need for installing my new Rockshox Lyric? Thanks mates ??

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Does anyone know if the frame comes with the bearing cups are already installed and we just need to install the bearings and the spacers?
Can someone give me advice to what parts I'll need for installing my new Rockshox Lyric? Thanks mates ??
They are loose in the box, but they are very easily installed by hand, you don't need any special tools.

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
They are loose in the box, but they are very easily installed by hand, you don't need any special tools.
You mean the bearings in the frame for installing the headset? Are they really in the box? Do they not need to be pressend on the upper and lower part of the headset?

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
They come as the usual bearing set, as in bearing cup and bearing + usual fork lower bearing mount and top covers. Mine were an almost perfect hand tight interference fit and unlike a lot of the Ali frames, didn’t need a press.
Thanks man. So thr only components i will need is a zero stack headset tapered, right ??

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
Good idea. Done

Rob, any tips on how to wash the E10 without damaging battery and motor? ?

fdoangulo

Jan 24, 2021
Spain
Hi everyone,

I really like this build and I'm thinking about ordering one, but have a few questions:
- What type of changes do you plan for the V2 of the Cheeb? Somewhere you mention about replacing the fork with a 160mm one.
- Have you already tested the new firmware? Impresions?
- When you compare it with the shimano, you refeer to the E8000, or the EP8? As the EP8 seems to improve significantly the E8000.
- Does the anyone know if the M600 already include the Peek plastic gearing to make it quiet? I have read in other forum that bafang has done it, but not sure.
- Does anyone know if there is a solution for a bottle cage? I don't carry my back pack on short rides.
- What about the geo analysis? Can you share your thoughts about the rear suspension design?

I have compared it to the Commencal Meta Power 29 and you can save up to 1500€ with one of their top builds (COMMENCAL 2021 | META POWER 29 TEAM 2021), and geo are pretty similar.

best regards,

DJRumble

Jan 24, 2021
Australia
Hi all .

Love this build and Robs videos. Considering my first eMTB. Trying to order a new factory one from anywhere at the moment in Australia is crazy wait times (Orbea Wild FS M10 is June or July delivery) . I have been in touch with Melody at dengfu and got some pricing. They also do a full bike with these specs for a decent price.

I would guess I would need to change the front shock though to 160mm travel and possibly bigger rotors. I am 6."2 and 94kg so need an XL frame. I am trying to decide between M500 and M600. having not ridden eMTB I am unsure what to expect form M600.

Any advice here on this spec? Remembering also that buying group sets in Australia is very tough and expensive. (unlike UK).

Thanks all any advice would be very welcomed and appreciated. I would mostly ride trails and enduro. My downhill days are gone after spinal fusion surgery 18 months ago. Been riding roady since but Rob's video got me thinking I need to get back into some offroad.

Chris
E10.png

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Hi all .

Love this build and Robs videos. Considering my first eMTB. Trying to order a new factory one from anywhere at the moment in Australia is crazy wait times (Orbea Wild FS M10 is June or July delivery) . I have been in touch with Melody at dengfu and got some pricing. They also do a full bike with these specs for a decent price.

I would guess I would need to change the front shock though to 160mm travel and possibly bigger rotors. I am 6."2 and 94kg so need an XL frame. I am trying to decide between M500 and M600. having not ridden eMTB I am unsure what to expect form M600.

Any advice here on this spec? Remembering also that buying group sets in Australia is very tough and expensive. (unlike UK).

Thanks all any advice would be very welcomed and appreciated. I would mostly ride trails and enduro. My downhill days are gone after spinal fusion surgery 18 months ago. Been riding roady since but Rob's video got me thinking I need to get back into some offroad.

Chris
View attachment 50999
Can you please inform us about the price for the bike as reported?
If you havent yet experience with en Emtb I wouls suggest to first have a try. You should need to know what motor feels best for you and considering that Rob reported the bafang m500 a bit less punchy then shimano e8000. The bafang m600 is only allowed on private land so also this has to be part of your decision process.

Have fun mate ?

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
Hi all .

Chris
View attachment 50999
If you can, get the M600 all the way. More power and metal gears. Not sure how much they enforce the whole motor thing in Aussie land but the M600 is the better motor. :)

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Hi all .

Chris
View attachment 50999

Where in Australia are you?

The m500 / 600 question has legal implications over here - go the m500 if you are concerned about potentially facing court if a kid runs in front of you . If you are in gippsland victoria , one of my nates rides an m600 powered monstrosity with evil geometry, but you could at least experience the motor ( pm me)

btw, 90 mm stem and 760 mm bars should be a warning to check that bikes geometry?

DJRumble

Jan 24, 2021
Australia
Where in Australia are you?

The m500 / 600 question has legal implications over here - go the m500 if you are concerned about potentially facing court if a kid runs in front of you . If you are in gippsland victoria , one of my nates rides an m600 powered monstrosity with evil geometry, but you could at least experience the motor ( pm me)

btw, 90 mm stem and 760 mm bars should be a warning to check that bikes geometry?
Very good point...re legality. Not sure I want to hurt someone and not be covered in an accident. Part of me thinks given my first eMTB i should just buy one from a manufacturer and have decent warranty etc... then look to build one myself later.

I can get a Trek Rail 9 2021 with Bosch CX motor .. its not cheap but has good reviews. Would love a Orbea wild FS M10 or Team but they have wait times till July.. Ah decisions..

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Hi from Germany! I recently saw the Youtube video from Rob, awesome! Now I try to order the frameset from Dengfu, but it is no longer available on their website. Am I wrong? Did anyone else try to find the frame online? Is there another source to purchase the frame?

Thanks for Your help!

Thomas

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi from Germany! I recently saw the Youtube video from Rob, awesome! Now I try to order the frameset from Dengfu, but it is no longer available on their website. Am I wrong? Did anyone else try to find the frame online? Is there another source to purchase the frame?

Thanks for Your help!

Thomas

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
To fit the longer shock into the fram, one option would be to use offset bushings. At 6 mm bolts, they offer up to 3 mm adjustment per bushing, resulting in 6mm length compensation if 2 bushings are used. 8 mm more travel at the shock (63 instead of 55) , would mean appr. 20 - 25 mm more travel depending on ratio...

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Following a marathon thread tidy, there are now several new threads to make it easier for you to find/discuss the information on the relevant subjects - so don't panic if you think your post has gone - it's most likely been moved, but may have been deleted if it's already been answered :

Last edited by a moderator:

Cajos

Jan 20, 2021
Sweden
Hi. Would this dirt guard be a good idea for the e10 frame or is it not needed? This pic is from a levo. Do the e10 have the similar problem with dirt/snow/pebbles being trapped?

0F08049E-737A-4478-B91D-0573443A12B2.jpeg

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Just need to ask. I am 5'7" or 1.7mtr tall. I have ordered the 17.5" E10 frame. I based the order in one and one only parameter. Reach. According to dialed in riding my ideal reach should be 430mm. So now I'm worried that I have ordered to small. The reach is ok for me, in fact bigger reach is better but no idea how to measure up the bike on other parameters. What do you guys think? Please.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Just need to ask. I am 5'7" or 1.7mtr tall. I have ordered the 17.5" E10 frame. I based the order in one and one only parameter. Reach. According to dialed in riding my ideal reach should be 430mm. So now I'm worried that I have ordered to small. The reach is ok for me, in fact bigger reach is better but no idea how to measure up the bike on other parameters. What do you guys think? Please.
impossible to answer at this question for you . Now with the new geometries where reach increase a lot, it is not also simple than before. When you chose your size in fonctions of your legs length.
Now it is mostly in function of your wishes, playful bike or serious bike ? the place where you evoluate bike park or little single with tight pins ?

Following your preferencies you can chose upper size or lower than your usual size. You adjust after the position with lengths of stem, seat post travel, fork pivot, handlebar rise.

i thing you make the good choice to have playfull bike for tight pins. If you want to increase stability, you can perform an asembly alike ROB 150/170, 27.5/29. one advice, do not cut the fork pivot before try and found the correct position.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Hi. Would this dirt guard be a good idea for the e10 frame or is it not needed? This pic is from a levo. Do the e10 have the similar problem with dirt/snow/pebbles being trapped?
As an alternative to the Levo style, I have been using a front mudguard set down between the rear triangle as most of us have been doing plus putting a small piece of foam in the gap between the rear triangle and the main frame, where there is any likelyhood of stones or mud getting into.
1611916346655.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles