Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
I have a question for @Rob Rides EMTB , have you happened to find smaller/lighter motor and smaller/lighter battery that will fit your E10 frame or other frame that you know of. I weight about 100 lb so I don't need big motor/battery combo. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

fdoangulo

Jan 24, 2021
Spain
@Rob Rides EMTB @patdam how is the bike performing? Is it really worthy compared against other enduro bikes?

I really love the commencal meta power, the orbea wild and the focus sam2, but a dengfu e10 assembly really saves money.

Doubting if the frame and the motor really performs well

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
Is this the speed sensor?

IMG_20210203_232614.jpg

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
I would order the 17“. If You are struggling with Your purchase, I think it would be easy to sell the 19“ frame here. Give it to me :)
??? I just asked Melody if it is possible to change framesize. Even they are not yet in production she suggest to not change as my order would then be postponed ?‍♂️. So i just leave the order - think in the end the size will be ok. If not, i let you know ?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
??? I just asked Melody if it is possible to change framesize. Even they are not yet in production she suggest to not change as my order would then be postponed ?‍♂️. So i just leave the order - think in the end the size will be ok. If not, i let you know ?
..thanks :) You can use a seatpost with no offset, moving the saddle towards a little steeper seat angle - this woud slightly reduce effective toptube length. With the loooong reach, I think it will give You the confindence of a tank in steep and fast downhill, so I hope it‘s just right for You!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Bafang have designed some new M500 firmware to make the motor more powerful and have said they are shipping me some new hardware also. I’ve no idea what the new hardware is.

it’s coming via FedEx priority. Looking forward to testing it out.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Bafang have designed some new M500 firmware to make the motor more powerful and have said they are shipping me some new hardware also. I’ve no idea what the new hardware is.

"new hardware" is the BESST tool ? rob it is envisageable to share it (to rent ?) for update firware of other user without each one purchase this BESST tool (it seem it usefuel only for update firmware for final customer). May be you can interogate bafang on this subject with help of your "VIP chanel " ? In any case i am curious to your return. i have used mine this morning and i will agree to have more power in max mode (more power provided at less torque on crank arms), but for the 2 other, i am fully satisfied and i appreciate a lot my bike. I have also exchange with melody about the BESST and it have said me that they have ordered one to bafang one month ago and not received

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco

Could you understand if motors that are purchased now do already have installed the new firmware ?? Or how could we "normal" people get alsot hese benefit?

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
..thanks :) You can use a seatpost with no offset, moving the saddle towards a little steeper seat angle - this woud slightly reduce effective toptube length. With the loooong reach, I think it will give You the confindence of a tank in steep and fast downhill, so I hope it‘s just right for You!
The seatpost will be a Crankbrothers Highline 3 with 150 mm. Total lengh of the seatpost 469 mm with max insertion 269 mm, minimum stack hight 47 mm

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
thank a lot, interesting. Same hardware for battery support, but some modifications on assembly. contrary to what melody told me, i think that new battery cover can be used easily on "old" frame. Please can you mesure the height of the cables guides. they have moved one, i do not really see why ?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
thanks, but the height who interesting me is the height of the guide in compared to frame (sorry for my bad english). Cause that battery is more inserted in enclosure than my old version (spacer on your lower support). Another interogation is about lower battery support. Does it have another fixing point or fulcrums, other than the 2 screws in front face ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles