Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
ENVE D

enve web.jpg

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
I ordered it May 10. It was ready for pickup May 12. It's driving my crazy waiting to drive down to pick it up.

Wow, that was quick! ? Sorry you have to wait a bit to get and ride it. Surprised that Specialized prioritized online orders over dealer orders. Looks like people who purchased online during the early May restock received their bikes before those (including me) who placed an order with dealers in April and prior.

Kentish

Nov 5, 2019
Kent
Has anyone heard anything about a peasant spec version of the gen3? Do we think it will happen?

Really not fussed about a carbon frame. (That and I’m too tight!!).

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Hi all,

I’ve ordered my Turbo Levo Expert 2022 S4 and expect it to be delivered in less than 2 weeks . Fingers crossed :)

When did you make that order? :)

My Levo Expert is due to arrive end of the month, let's see how the Maroon Color is coming....hope this time the bike is a bit more reliable ?

I have the black/carbon expert on order, when did you make your order?

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
Turbo Levo Pro is available for sale online in the US (at least this morning).
Kinda drives me crazy to tell you the truth. I just checked and the S-Works is available too. I already have a Pro paid for and waiting for me at Mike's Bikes so I think I am going to stick with that. Also my local dealer said Specialized was sending them an S-Works in a couple of days but that I had cancelled that order which is true. Goes back to the fact that for sure Specialized should have just let the 10 of us affected know that there would be a short delay instead of refunding our money. The frustrating part was suddenly not having a bike with no idea of when they might be available again, which is why I jumped on the Pro at Mike's Bikes. To their credit, Specialized has reached out to me multiple times in good ways and is now sending me an Ambush helmet to make up for their mistake. In the end the Pro has the same frame and suspension as the S-Works which is most important for me, so I saved a couple thousand dollars getting the Pro. As I said before, I will have a week in California where I will have the Pro and the Heckler and I am very much looking forward to comparing the two. Mostly I am hoping the Pro will be a much superior climber both in ease of climbing steep tech stuff and in increased power output. I am interested too in how the bikes compare in their various modes. I have always felt like the Levo eco mode is similar to the Heckler trail mode. I know settings can be changed for each mode, but I always felt at a deficit motor-wise on the Heckler. Now I will find out for myself.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Kinda drives me crazy to tell you the truth. I just checked and the S-Works is available too. I already have a Pro paid for and waiting for me at Mike's Bikes so I think I am going to stick with that. Also my local dealer said Specialized was sending them an S-Works in a couple of days but that I had cancelled that order which is true. Goes back to the fact that for sure Specialized should have just let the 10 of us affected know that there would be a short delay instead of refunding our money. The frustrating part was suddenly not having a bike with no idea of when they might be available again, which is why I jumped on the Pro at Mike's Bikes. To their credit, Specialized has reached out to me multiple times in good ways and is now sending me an Ambush helmet to make up for their mistake. In the end the Pro has the same frame and suspension as the S-Works which is most important for me, so I saved a couple thousand dollars getting the Pro. As I said before, I will have a week in California where I will have the Pro and the Heckler and I am very much looking forward to comparing the two. Mostly I am hoping the Pro will be a much superior climber both in ease of climbing steep tech stuff and in increased power output. I am interested too in how the bikes compare in their various modes. I have always felt like the Levo eco mode is similar to the Heckler trail mode. I know settings can be changed for each mode, but I always felt at a deficit motor-wise on the Heckler. Now I will find out for myself.
Totally agree it should of been handled differently
Having no idea what happened and not knowing when i could get a bike was frustrating
Welp it was a learning experience for all and @Specialized Rider Care worked on a solution resolving the issue for me which i am grateful for

Nice to see you got your hands on a Levo and got a new helmet too

I pick up my first Blue Sworks order from 4/28 tomorrow. My cancelled White Sworks order ships out to the shop today

Saw this bullit levo comparison

Truckeemtb

Jun 16, 2019
Tahoe California

Keep on posted on motor, I am curious how it compares. Everyone I know that ordered a Bullit is still waiting. My understanding is that the peak torque is close to the same 85-90nm but the Levo torque curve is much bigger. That being said I had nearly 3,000 miles on Gen2 and another 735 if I count my wife's Expert and I pretty much just use trail or eco 98% of the time. I only use Turbo on paved roads or fire roads to "shuttle". Anyway, I now have 160 miles on my Pro and am loving it. I really don't mind mechanical shifting, I do have AXS on another bike. AXS is very nice but not needed. Plus with my small hands AXS doesn't play nice with the Magura brakes on the S-works. I am still tweaking suspension but am very close. With LSC, HSC, LSR, HSR, air and tokens it takes a little work. I am running zero tokens as I am very light and have only bottomed out once. That being said I would like it a little more lively and a little less planted for jumping and playing. So I will try and little more air spring air first and may be adding 1 token back in.

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA

I feel ya. I placed an order for an S-Works through a local bike shop mid to late April and was told an allocation would be coming to me on April 30th. Waited and saw the online store drop on May 5th (ish?) and was a bit disappointed that the dealers were left out of the restock. They did note that online purchasers get first dibs vs dealer purchases.

Anyways, saw the online drop again this morning and was tempted to cancel my dealer order and just purchase online but I literally got a call from my dealer while looking at the website stating that my bike is at the warehouse in CO and is waiting to be shipped out to them. So be patient, they are slowly trickling in...

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I feel ya. I placed an order for an S-Works through a local bike shop mid to late April and was told an allocation would be coming to me on April 30th. Waited and saw the online store drop on May 5th (ish?) and was a bit disappointed that the dealers were left out of the restock. They did note that online purchasers get first dibs vs dealer purchases.

Anyways, saw the online drop again this morning and was tempted to cancel my dealer order and just purchase online but I literally got a call from my dealer while looking at the website stating that my bike is at the warehouse in CO and is waiting to be shipped out to them. So be patient, they are slowly trickling in...

All the Levos are no longer available online
Maybe they were'nt supposed to be posted until canceled orders are resolved
Not sure the reason but all sizes say OOS

Gustesta

Jul 26, 2020
Utah
I understand how you feel. What a hassle! I was checking online for places that had the bike in stock and every time I got to the place, they didn't have it... I gave it a try and started checking the site everyday (besides subscribing for in stock notifications). I didn't receive any messages from Specialized, but the bikes were back in stock this morning. I guess their system is having some problems.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I understand how you feel. What a hassle! I was checking online for places that had the bike in stock and every time I got to the place, they didn't have it... I gave it a try and started checking the site everyday (besides subscribing for in stock notifications). I didn't receive any messages from Specialized, but the bikes were back in stock this morning. I guess their system is having some problems.
i got my texts and email notifications 1 day later

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
Totally agree it should of been handled differently
Having no idea what happened and not knowing when i could get a bike was frustrating
Welp it was a learning experience for all and @Specialized Rider Care worked on a solution resolving the issue for me which i am grateful for

Nice to see you got your hands on a Levo and got a new helmet too

I pick up my first Blue Sworks order from 4/28 tomorrow. My cancelled White Sworks order ships out to the shop today

Saw this bullit levo comparison
Thanks for posting the video. Certainly made me feel I made the right decision to go for the new Levo. Main deciding factor for me was motor power and range. Seems like the EP8/630wh combo is a little underwhelming.

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
I ordered twice from specialized when they had "pop up" bikes, both orders were confirmed, both times credit card was charged, one even with a personal correspondence from specialized...only to be canceled and refunded 2 days later without notice...stay the course with your local LBS!

Gustesta

Jul 26, 2020
Utah
I ordered twice from specialized when they had "pop up" bikes, both orders were confirmed, both times credit card was charged, one even with a personal correspondence from specialized...only to be canceled and refunded 2 days later without notice...stay the course with your local LBS!
Did they give you any excuses?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles