Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE
What is the diameter of the two circular holes in the frame? I plan to make a battery switch and charging port there. Unfortunately, when you buy a frame without a battery, they are empty holes.

Last edited:

DariuszHoryd

Sep 21, 2020
Poland / Gdansk
View attachment 59132

Assemble headset: Hi guys, the parts of the headset came and as i never installed one I wanted to ask help for the right way of assembling it. Can someone help me also by telling me the if I did bring themto the right sequence?
IMHO I'd prefer to use standard star nut instead this expander. Expander are for carbon steering pipes, for heavy bike like this I wouldn't use recommend that type of mounting.

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
IMHO I'd prefer to use standard star nut instead this expander. Expander are for carbon steering pipes, for heavy bike like this I wouldn't use recommend that type of mounting.
Thanks, but what is the disadvantage of the expander? Did not find anything on the web - they only speak about the easier way of installation so I could not find anything that argues against the installation on a "normal" allumium fork.

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Can someone help me with the correct way of intallation of all the cables and the power button and charge port? Can not understand how to fix the power button - do I need to unscrew the nut and if so, how can i hold the nut from inside the frame to screw it? Maybe i need to remove the upper battery holder to come inside the frame to be able to reach the screw of the power button?
Sorry, i thought to handle it but it seems more complicated to me then expected ;-)
InkedIMG_20210421_131655_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_20210421_130254_LI.jpg
IMG_20210421_130954.jpg
InkedIMG_20210421_130710_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_20210421_130954_LI.jpg

nikname99

Apr 3, 2021
Italy
Can someone help me with the correct way of intallation of all the cables and the power button and charge port? Can not understand how to fix the power button - do I need to unscrew the nut and if so, how can i hold the nut from inside the frame to screw it? Maybe i need to remove the upper battery holder to come inside the frame to be able to reach the screw of the power button?
Sorry, i thought to handle it but it seems more complicated to me then expected ;-) View attachment 59803 View attachment 59804 View attachment 59806 View attachment 59807

View attachment 59805
Hi.Can you unplug the wires in some point to pass power button?
i guess the connections of the M500 and M600 motors should be the same.
InkedIMG_0194_LI.jpg

i want to help you more but i wait for my frame too.

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Hi.Can you unplug the wires in some point to pass power button?
i guess the connections of the M500 and M600 motors should be the same.
View attachment 59809
i want to help you more but i wait for my frame too.
Yes, you con unplug the cable of the power button, but even in this case you just will be able to fit the cable in the whole, but the nut wont. So you'll need to remove the nut, and remove it from the wire pass the wire through the whole until the button fits into it and then screw the nut from the inside of the frame to fix the button. But i dont know how to reach this point inside the frame with the nut.

pavlo

Apr 25, 2021
Ukraine
Has enyone found a workaround to get the frame shipped to eastern europe? They said they don't ship to Ukraine :(
I thinkI saw a post here with the similar issue.

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
Just to update everyone that I have received my M600 motor. It came unannounced today. As someone new to EBikes, I think the motor is very heavy but this may also be the case for all EBike motors. The battery charger came in the package but no battery in sight.
I made my payment on the 8th of March. Waiting for the battery and frame now.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Just to update everyone that I have received my M600 motor. It came unannounced today. As someone new to EBikes, I think the motor is very heavy but this may also be the case for all EBike motors. The battery charger came in the package but no battery in sight.
I made my payment on the 8th of March. Waiting for the battery and frame now.
Same here, motor turned up unannounced and then about 3 weeks later the battery. I emailed Melody who replied yesterday saying bike will be sent next week. My order was paid on 22Jan. If you think the motor is heavy ya gunna hate the battery?. Don't worry, the motor is low in the frame so has little effect on the ride.

RyeNiel

Jan 4, 2021
Philippines
Same here, motor turned up unannounced and then about 3 weeks later the battery. I emailed Melody who replied yesterday saying bike will be sent next week. My order was paid on 22Jan. If you think the motor is heavy ya gunna hate the battery?. Don't worry, the motor is low in the frame so has little effect on the ride.
Bike doesn't feel heavy when ridden

52nd

Apr 30, 2021
Israel
Hi guys, could U pls help me to understand what is wrong with the connection? I wanted to test battery/ motor but a display is not working and a throttle does nothing... The power button on the frame is enabled. The battery is charged. Thanks for any advice.
IMG_20210430_162259_580.jpg

nikname99

Apr 3, 2021
Italy
Hi guys, could U pls help me to understand what is wrong with the connection? I wanted to test battery/ motor but a display is not working and a throttle does nothing... The power button on the frame is enabled. The battery is charged. Thanks for any advice.
View attachment 60180

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
First assure, that you heave 48V at motor - measure at that plug that comes from battery - perhaps you did not turn on battery.
After that you shod turn on display by 3sec pressing the on button (bottom button from buttons connected to display).
To get motor turning press potentiometer - it shod turn for one or two turns, then you get Error 21 because motor does not get info from wheels (no magnet passing by the sensor) but still you can get info if it works.
Hope it works.
BR
Bogdan

Uknl

Mar 22, 2021
Netherlands
Uknl - how did you fix that bottle holder on your frame?
If you have the right tools. You can put in blind rivet nuts.
Those of good quatity are used by all brands. Just google it, and you will see what i mean and recougnise these things.
To be honest, it was a gamble, but i was positive suprised and could mount them perfectly.

Cheers

Uknl

Mar 22, 2021
Netherlands
Those of good quatity are used by all brands. Just google it, and you will see what i mean and recougnise these things.
To be honest, it was a gamble, but i was positive suprised and could mount them perfectly.

Cheers
Keep in mind tho i measured some things. It has to fit.
Luckaly mine could fit in very nice. Frame size and dropper wise. Bottle not making trouble of legs eather.

1620411487781904850643163473677.jpg

Uknl

Mar 22, 2021
Netherlands
And just did some tarmac and some stears. Little short uphills.
Runs like a dream.
Sound level is low. I do not realy understand that discussion.

For me it is really worth the waiting.

Especially when i compare it to the trek i tested. A powerfly 9.9. I would have paid the same almost for a second hand out of warranty in holland.

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia

Thank you.

BR
Bogdan

Uknl

Mar 22, 2021
Netherlands
Bike looks great! I also ordered M600. How about the M600 power delivery in level 1 and 2?
I think it is a good cut up. But you can choose 3 5 or 9 steps.
?
But there are a few settings you can change.

And also depending on how you ramp up yourself.

Uknl

Mar 22, 2021
Netherlands
Can you post detailed spec?Awesome build btw.is the Cane Greek good one?Was thinking about Kitsuma.
I think i will use someting like this
View attachment 60826
The spec
15.5 inch frame
Ohlins evo 160 51
Cane creek db air 210 55
Renthal cockpit 770 wide
Dt swiss h1700 hybrid 29er
Sram ex1
Sram guide re
175 dropper Ks suspension
2 x 840 batteries for the long fun days
M600 and M500 depending on use
Sqlab x06 saddle
Some renthal frame protection
A mud guard
Some stickers from riesel design and some custom stuff
Also put in foam in frame opening for cables and also on the rear triangel to hold out dirt

Off road i run pirelli 2.6
Maxxis tires are for urban racing and commuting.
I was surprised how grippy the where. And was almost racing supermoto again LOL

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles