CHEEB V2 Build Thread

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So my frame should be here this week :) And the Chinese fork / coil shock and brakes super budget build coming!

QQ图片20210529104534.jpg

QQ图片20210529104552.jpg

335513A2-1.jpg

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
LOL. I'm already scared of that shock.
I've had one of those shocks and until it collided with my homemade battery mount and smashed the blue top off of the smaller chamber, it wasn't too bad, I mean not fox/rockshox level, but pretty solid for the price.

(I stupidly made the mount out of aluminium that was too thin and it bent backwards on a big huck to flat).

Looking forward to the story unfolding, as I'm really enjoying my Cheeb V1 (after a long wait for delivery)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Get @Doomanic to test it ! He has a reputation for, as the French would say, having a hedgehog in his pocket ... I suspect it will be in his price bracket once it's had "General" oversight anyway.

Hedgehog in my pocket? What does that even mean? You garlic munching surrender monkeys are odd.

The general only gets to hear about the big purchases, a shock wouldn’t even register, especially a budget one. That being said, I wouldn’t trust it as a paperweight, never mind on an actual bike!

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I'm sure I've seen something where Jordi Cortes discusses asymmetric forks but can't for the life of me remember where. That thing does look like it's irredeemably on the slant though.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Cant wait to see the build. Be nice to have a cheeb backup bike, I think surron's came with dnm rear shocks. Used to see them on bargain frames years ago like khs and others. Wouldnt think theyll be ext level for sure but they must hold up for a bit if surron would spec them on a 150lb e moto. Chinese forks though?!? Idk. Sending vibes buddy! Tread lightly. Prob fine but id keep an eye and ear on them

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
A friend builds skibikes with the DNM shocks and rates them highly considering the arduous conditions they have to work in.

Wish a few would take the anything labelled "made in China " without a famous brand logo is crap blinkers off, and realise that all your branded items that you rate so highly, are made in China and yet you continue to pay premium money for them. :rolleyes:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I cannot believe how they’ve matched the frame colour to my original diy job. It is literally the exact same purple flip. I’m not a paint expert, but how they matched it by just watching a YouTube video is crazy.

Maybe it’s a generic flip paint that’s common, or purely a coincidence. But fair play, I actually thought I was unwrapping my original stripped down frame!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A friend builds skibikes with the DNM shocks and rates them highly considering the arduous conditions they have to work in.

Wish a few would take the anything labelled "made in China " without a famous brand logo is crap blinkers off, and realise that all your branded items that you rate so highly, are made in China and yet you continue to pay premium money for them. :rolleyes:

Ask someone who buys in bulk from China how hard they have to work to keep the quality the same as the engineering samples. The Chinese will send any old crap out the door if they think they can get away with it.

There are YouTube videos of cheap Chinese Fox and RockShox copies being chopped up to show just how shite they are.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles