Levo Gen 2 2021 Turbo Levo Owners Photo Thread

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
I think the fox 36 comes factory with this bike, what made you decide to swap them to the 38?

I am a heavy/aggressive rider so the stiffness will be helpful. Also the 38 is about 6-7mm taller axel to crown than the previous year 36. By going up 10mm in travel plus the extra height the front end is raised about 16-17mm. That works out to about what I lose by putting the 650b wheel on it. Basically keeps the front end and geo around the stock height.

Also its fox36 rhythm, which is a good fork but has no adjustments other than a compression switch - open, med, firm. If you like to tune your suspension you will want an upgrade for sure.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Also its fox36 rhythm, which is a good fork but has no adjustments other than a compression switch - open, med, firm. If you like to tune your suspension you will want an upgrade for sure.

Actually, the compression adjustment on the 36 Rhythm's GRIP damper is detent-less, so theoretically has an infinite number of settings within its adjustment range. But no, it is effectively not as adjustable as the de-coupled low/high-speed compression adjustments available on the GRIP2 damper of the non-Rhythm forks.

(You might be extrapolating from the '21 Levo Comp's rear shock, which does have a compression adjustment of only open/medium/firm settings.)

It does also need to be noted that the GRIP damper has a rebound adjustment (22 detents, FYI) as well. Did you miss it under the knob cover at the bottom of the right leg?

And the air spring is tunable with a combination of air pressure and spacers. I believe the 36 Rhythm as it comes from Spesh for the Levo Comp is equipped with two spacers already installed.

So... plenty to tune, but obviously not as much as that of the GRIP2 forks.

Last edited:

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
the compression adjustment on the 36 Rhythm's GRIP damper is detent-less, so theoretically has an infinite number of settings within its adjustment range

I actually didn't notice that. Good to know. I was planning to go 180mm 36 to run 27.5 wheels and the 170mm 38 seamed like a better solution. I haven't even been on trails yet because there is still snow on the ground :LOL:

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
I just noticed in @Rob Rides EMTB latest video interview with spesh that the 2021 brose motors are the same as the 2.2. He implied that it just made more sense to rebrand it. The 2021 is dead silent, even under standing pedaling in turbo. If you want 29er that stay with the 2021. proper mullet (shorter chainstays) would really be the only real reason to upgrade. Just personal preference. All of the adjustability is great tho.

SoCal Rider

Feb 21, 2021
Southern California
I have a 2021 Comp on order... not yet delivered. Thinking I should wait for the 2022?
Only if you want to pay more and wait longer. I have a 2021 Comp, glad I didn’t wait for 2022. Same motor and battery. 22 obviously has a more ”modern” geo but I prefer the 21 geo. Steep seat tube angles are good on analog bikes for tech climbs but on an EMTB you can climb anything and the steeper angle just leads to wrist/hand pain on longer rides. Also no reason you can’t mullet a 21 Levo if that’s your thing.

cleoent

Aug 25, 2020
NorCal
A gorgeous spring day in NorCal.

IMG_3387.JPG

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
....I have a 2021 Comp, glad I didn’t wait for 2022. Same motor and battery. 22 obviously has a more ”modern” geo but I prefer the 21 geo.

Has it really got the same motor? So the 2.2 is a 2.1 but with all the new upgraded bits? (belt, sbearing, crankshaft)
If so...what motor manufacturing date is on the “new 2.1’s/2.2s”?

I’m sure it was a “different” motor...for example it has a larger belt?....or I might be talking complete bollocks?....

cleoent

Aug 25, 2020
NorCal
Has it really got the same motor? So the 2.2 is a 2.1 but with all the new upgraded bits? (belt, sbearing, crankshaft)
If so...what motor manufacturing date is on the “new 2.1’s/2.2s”?

I’m sure it was a “different” motor...for example it has a larger belt?....or I might be talking complete bollocks?....
It’s the exact same motor that is in ALL 2021 and newer levos.

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
@congerball Any of the newer motors should have the upgrades. I have no idea about build dates but the dude mentioned the 2021 bikes have the same motor with all of the changes.

1Nixxxo

Nov 29, 2019
Russia
It finally arrived! Most of customization already done, but Öhlins TTX Air is on the way plus 180 mm dropper.

• Lyrik Ultimate + DSD Runt
• Öhlins TTX Air (waiting)
• Magura MT7 + HC3 levers
• Shimano SLX + XTR shifter
• Hope Pro 4 on DT Swiss rims
• RevGrips, Nukeproof bars, OneUp pedals, SDG Bell Air III and lots of other small tweaks.
2021 Turbo Levo

D4B62F80-E600-4422-B847-475638337AA6.jpeg
A44FC427-0D6C-4205-B52C-89E2FE0AE308.jpeg
4863E46A-A005-4B67-8A53-FBB3BAC65BBF.jpeg

Last edited:

1Nixxxo

Nov 29, 2019
Russia
Latest upgrade: amazing Formula Selva S (or R, depending on the mood, I just installed R air spring for a comparison).
I didn't realise that something could perform better than custom tuned Lyrik Ultimate with DSD Runt and Fox 38 I recently compared to Selva Selva is a MUCH better performer! So, if are looking for superb performing fork, I strongly suggest to try Formula Selva (S, R or C). As a side note, you should spare a lot of time and go through different CTS tunes to find what works for you (I tested 5 of 7), Blue is my favourite now.

IMG_8561.jpg
IMG_8402.jpg

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
How is 12spd system working on 2021 model compares to previous 11spd models?
I have a 2021 Comp with SLX - no complaints from me but I've always preferred Shimano. Front caliper stared leaking so I had to replace it but otherwise brakes are great (with metallic pads for long descents) and I like the centerlock rotor system despite having less replacement options. Still on original chain and cassette 1600 miles in. New rear mech but I smacked it.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
I have a 2021 Comp with SLX - no complaints from me but I've always preferred Shimano. Front caliper stared leaking so I had to replace it but otherwise brakes are great (with metallic pads for long descents) and I like the centerlock rotor system despite having less replacement options. Still on original chain and cassette 1600 miles in. New rear mech but I smacked it.

What chainring does it use?

Ridenfool

Oct 18, 2021
Tejas
Here's my 21 Turbo Levo, in Clay.

To my eyes, this color changes from off-white toward having a slightly reddish hue depending upon how the light hits it.

OmarsHowl.jpg

Already broke a tooth off the 22T in the cassette after about 100 miles on the bike. Now investigating one of the Kindernay options (7 or 14 speed) to eliminate ongoing costs of buying a whole cassette every time this happens.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Now when i'm old farth enough i finally did it; mud guards for older dude!
Those short rear "mudguards" were waste of time. Backpack, back and ass was always covered of mud. Or wet anyways.
I finally got it: guards are for the biker, not for a bike. ;)

IMG_3695.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

IMG_3698.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles