Levo Gen 2 2020 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

AgileMike

Sep 11, 2019
Idaho
My wife's 2020 Comp in Storm Grey. It looks blue to me... First of this color to be posted I believe. Just picked it up yesterday...
IMG_20190912_173054.jpg

rocket

Sep 9, 2019
Port Orchard Wa
I picked up my 2020 Turbo Levo today. I went for a ride in Banner Forest (a 600 acre park with trails about 3 miles from my house.) I took the time to make some suspension adjustments before I rode based on both the Rockshox app and the info in the Owners manual. I'm pretty happy with the way it handled but I noticed I'm only using about 60-70% of the front fork travel so I'll remove a token before my next ride. I played around with the eco setting using the Mission Control app dropping it to 25 % but eventually went back to the factory settings after determining that it was fine if you took the time to shift like an "analog" bike . There is definitely a learning curve when it comes to riding an EMTB. My biggest complaint is that a short water bottle interferes with the Compression lever on the rear shock making it difficult to use. When I got home I spent a little time elongating the mounting holes on the bracket and now it is...OK. My plan is to keep tweaking the suspension until I'm happy and continue to have fun.

Last edited:

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Picked up my 2020 Levo last night. Cant wait to ride it later today.
Hey George, what size is your bike? I see that you have the dropper post inserted almost all the way down inside the seat tube. I just ordered a size large and because of very short legs for my height I will need to sink the sucker all the way down completely. Hoping there is room to do this. Was not able to do this on XL 2018 levo carbon comp which resulted in having to buy a different brand dropper post that could do so which was quite expensive. Thanks, Jeff.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
All dual suspension bikes need setting up to suit individual riders. We do this with every MTB we sell. The suspension on the Levo is no different. How it ships is only a baseline, which is quite different to saying 'it doesn't work' - especially for others who may be reading your post out of context.

Have to agree with rsilvers, only weigh 63 kg and could not get anywhere near full travel from lyric fork with the two stock tokens. Once I took them out I can almost get full travel now & the fork feels superb. Haven't touched the stock shock but can't get full travel out of that either. I just live with it.
I've lowered shock pressure and fork pressure down to ridiculous levels for example 25 psi in the fork and still couldn't get full travel. I'm not inexperienced in setting up suspension either. So I think he has a good point.

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV

Hey Jeff, my bike is a size large with 170mm dropper and I actually have it slammed all the way now. I don't raise my seat as high on my Levo as I do my Stumpy. I'm 6ft tall with a 34" inseam.

digitalhippie

Sep 5, 2019
Hobart, Tasmania
I've lowered shock pressure and fork pressure down to ridiculous levels for example 25 psi in the fork and still couldn't get full travel. I'm not inexperienced in setting up suspension either.

I guess that's the beauty of suspension. You're welcome to tune it to how you like, to suit how and where you ride :)

For anyone setting up their Lyrik, be sure to cycle the fork through its travel repeatedly while pressurizing it as instructed by Rockshox to equalize positive and negative air pressure. It can feel almost like a rigid fork if you don't. Also turn the damper to the full open position before pressuring up the fork.

Rockshox have the basic Trailhead app to help set up forks, and there's always Shockwiz if you'd like a second opinion re suspension setup based on data collected where and how you ride.

The recommended pressure settings are a good starting point IMO. You can end up with an unsafe bike out on the trail if you mess up the suspension.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Hey Jeff, my bike is a size large with 170mm dropper and I actually have it slammed all the way now. I don't raise my seat as high on my Levo as I do my Stumpy. I'm 6ft tall with a 34" inseam.

Thanks George, just got mine and put it together on Saturday and yes the seat post does slam all the way down into the seat tube fortunately. God I love the 170 mm dropper post. I'm 6 feet tall but only a 28 inch inseam. Thanks again, Jeff.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
I guess that's the beauty of suspension. You're welcome to tune it to how you like, to suit how and where you ride :)

For anyone setting up their Lyrik, be sure to cycle the fork through its travel repeatedly while pressurizing it as instructed by Rockshox to equalize positive and negative air pressure. It can feel almost like a rigid fork if you don't. Also turn the damper to the full open position before pressuring up the fork.

Rockshox have the basic Trailhead app to help set up forks, and there's always Shockwiz if you'd like a second opinion re suspension setup based on data collected where and how you ride.

The recommended pressure settings are a good starting point IMO. You can end up with an unsafe bike out on the trail if you mess up the suspension.

Thanks for re-emphasizing that, digital hippie. Learned a short time ago that if you don't cycle before it repeatedly as you're airing it up it will not balance the negative and positive air springs. Gary taught me that. What a difference!

Kissell

Aug 6, 2019
Southern Cal
So I bought the new 202 Levo Expert in black.. Picked up a week ago from local (SoCal) bike shop. Had two rides about 25 miles each. Couple first thoughts/impressions....

Discount: I didnt technically get a discount, but my LBS had a special over labor day weekend where everything was tax free. So while I had already ordered the bike, I hadn't paid for it yet, and went in and paid on that weekend, so with no tax I saved about $750 bucks. I also traded in two older bikes to the shop, they gave me $1,300 each, so all in I ended up paying about $5,600.
The shop is Rock N' Road in Mission Veijo, CA. Main guy there is Chris, great guy, super helpful.

Bike: When I picked it up, I was a little surprised by the "color". It appears that Specialized just lays a few coats of clear coat over the raw carbon, so the fibers and carbon are very visible in certain areas. It is still black, but you can see a bunch of variation with the carbon, and if you didn't know better you may think it is a flaw. I have owned carbon bikes in the past, but I guess most of those were painted and had a more uniform look. It is way more "raw" looking that the other color option (green-ish). After my first ride, it was covered in dust and dirt, so you cant tell anymore, but something to be aware of if you like to keep your bike clean. I don't so no bother to me, but I suspect that there will be more or lees of this if you compare the same carbon black models.

Ride: Incredible. I own a 2018 FSR Levo Comp Fattie which I love, but the 2020 motor, geometry, and suspension are way better. I have not had the 700w battery before, and after 25 miles of riding (mostly Eco) the battery was still at about 85%. By comparison, the same ride on the 2018 500w would leave me at about 40-50%.
Also, hit some jump lines here locally and the suspension was great. May look to go to 160 travel down the road, but digging it for now as is.

Absolutely love the bike, I will upload some pics to try to show the carbon fibers. So far added Crank Brothers pedals, grips, and got decals from Fox to "bling" it up a little bit on the forks and suspension. The bike is straight black, so a little color makes it pop.

Good luck to all of you shopping, and all of you who have bought. It is a blast to ride and great on the downhills. Cheers.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I rode my comp 12.5 miles yesterday and 25.5 today, didn't charge it until tonight.... I still had 30% battery after the second ride.... LOVE the 700 watt battery

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I just installed WTB 29x 2.8 Vigilantes on my 2020 Levo Comp.... I'm looking forward to trying them tomorrow. I wasn't real happy with the stock tires, they felt squirrely.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles