Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis T

Nov 29, 2020
Nederland
dear Paolo my question: I get a turbo Levo 2021 in the Netherlands, the bicycles here are only allowed at 25 km / h by the government. Does the Blevo app also work here and does the warranty not expiratie

Dennis ?

Dennis T

Nov 29, 2020
Nederland
dear Paolo my question: I get a turbo Levo 2021 in the Netherlands, the bicycles here are only allowed at 25 km / h by the government. Does the Blevo app also work here and does the warranty not expiratie

Dennis ?
m

Dennis ?
and in addition I want the bike to go 45 km

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone

Dennis ?
Of course they work Paolo is italian and in Italy too we have 25km/h ;)
If you tamper with the speed limit you make at your own risk as far as the warranty is concerned

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I just noticed that my last three rides show the graph as empty and if I attempt to open the ride map I get an error that says "No data found in the CSV file". I tried sharing the csv to my email and sure enough the attached file is only 1K in size and only has the header row. I've looked through all the settings and don't see anything obvious that would enable/disable the csv files. My current version is 3.8.0.479. The last ride that worked was on Nov 7th. I took a break due to weather and my next ride on Nov 23 has the problem. It looks like it is still creating the csv files, but the last 4 have no data (see attached). Does anyone have any idea what might have happened to cause it to stop writing the csv data?

Screenshot_20201130-153258.png

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

Dennis ?
Read here

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just noticed that my last three rides show the graph as empty and if I attempt to open the ride map I get an error that says "No data found in the CSV file". I tried sharing the csv to my email and sure enough the attached file is only 1K in size and only has the header row. I've looked through all the settings and don't see anything obvious that would enable/disable the csv files. My current version is 3.8.0.479. The last ride that worked was on Nov 7th. I took a break due to weather and my next ride on Nov 23 has the problem. It looks like it is still creating the csv files, but the last 4 have no data (see attached). Does anyone have any idea what might have happened to cause it to stop writing the csv data?

View attachment 46026
Why you have the test version?
There was a bug in the CSV creation..
It is solved in the 480 version.. but this version is released only for test..

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Why you have the test version?
There was a bug in the CSV creation..
It is solved in the 480 version.. but this version is released only for test..
Hi Paolo,

I believe I had the test version to try out a fix you were working on during the summer. Now running 480 it does indeed seem to be resolved.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

I believe I had the test version to try out a fix you were working on during the summer. Now running 480 it does indeed seem to be resolved.
ok.. now I remember.. to avoid this issue, if you want I can remove you from the testers team..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released BLEvo version 3.8.0 for Android.
I have added 2 important features. One is the management of DEM files of which I am attaching a video that explains how it works (sorry, it is in Italian but I hope the subtitles can help you).
The other is the ability to import a BLEvo CSV file recorded with another phone or with an iOS phone.

Here are all changes:
- Added DEM file management for altitude calculation
- CSV import (also from ios)
- Changed lock / unlock map icon
- Added voice message of battery status every 10%
- Action from remote control to turn the display on and off
- Bugfix: GPS and Bluetooth management when the tour is paused (now it stays on if there is automatic start)
- Bugfix: SL battery voltage calculation in CSV
- Bugfix: Calculation of battery consumed with SL
- Bugfix: GPX closure

Enjoy your ride with BLEvo.

graphDEM.jpeg
AudioEvery10Battery.png
ConfigDEM.png
ImportCSV.png

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
In order to put a rugged phone on the handlebar that doesn't look like a TV, I adopted this 4-inch.
It costs less than 100 euros, it is a rugged and fits perfectly, the dimensions to be clear are those of a garmin device.
The battery is only 2000 mAh but if you do not use a sim card, you only run Blevo and you do not keep the display at 100% brightness it's sufficient, otherwise there are cigar-style power banks that can be fitted and hidden under the handlebar.
This device does not have a barometer (for what it costs) and therefore the recording of the altitude and ascent data would suffer a little, however the problem is solved by loading and using the DEM data, the new feature added in the last Blevo version.
The elevation is highly accurate and the ascent calculation is comparable to a Garmin device, or a smartphone with barometer. Try to believe.
The only problem encountered is in situations where the GPS reads wrong horizontal coordinates, and the track is along points where a few meters makes the difference because for example you are riding in a "funnel".
In normal situations, however, that's fine and you don't miss the presence of a barometer (who shall also be calibrated before your ride).
I believe that Paolo has done a great job and with this update the choice of the phone to be matched extends to all the possible offers on the market, and not only to devices equipped with a barometer which, by the way, are more expensive.
The installation? The DEM files are ready and packaged ... you just have to give a shot!

1607936552351.png

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
In order to put a rugged phone on the handlebar that doesn't look like a TV, I adopted this 4-inch.
It costs less than 100 euros, it is a rugged and fits perfectly, the dimensions to be clear are those of a garmin device.
The battery is only 2000 mAh but if you do not use a sim card, you only run Blevo and you do not keep the display at 100% brightness it's sufficient, otherwise there are cigar-style power banks that can be fitted and hidden under the handlebar.
This device does not have a barometer (for what it costs) and therefore the recording of the altitude and ascent data would suffer a little, however the problem is solved by loading and using the DEM data, the new feature added in the last Blevo version.
The elevation is highly accurate and the ascent calculation is comparable to a Garmin device, or a smartphone with barometer. Try to believe.
The only problem encountered is in situations where the GPS reads wrong horizontal coordinates, and the track is along points where a few meters makes the difference because for example you are riding in a "funnel".
In normal situations, however, that's fine and you don't miss the presence of a barometer (who shall also be calibrated before your ride).
I believe that Paolo has done a great job and with this update the choice of the phone to be matched extends to all the possible offers on the market, and not only to devices equipped with a barometer which, by the way, are more expensive.
The installation? The DEM files are ready and packaged ... you just have to give a shot!

View attachment 47110

What is it?

Anchello

Nov 11, 2020
Austria
I want to start a .gpx recording not from the start of my tour but only a certain part of the route.

I just want to record a special part of the tour as a route

is this possible?

thx

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I want to start a .gpx recording not from the start of my tour but only a certain part of the route.

I just want to record a special part of the tour as a route

is this possible?

thx
You should modify the GPX by hand editing the .gpx file with a text editor.. or a gpx tool..

stumpydumpy

Dec 15, 2020
Europe
Hello all,

I'm new here and I joined because I ran into a few problems. I also have a few well-intentioned suggestions but will post about them separately.

I recently started using the Blevo app on my Levo 2018. The speed and distance are not presented properly, that is the data is too low.
My settings are:
wheelcurcumference is set to 2250 (that is the real wheel/tire).
Speed is set to 1.0 (no speedchanging device is used)
Used parallel to my Garmin the Blevo showed on my last ride 12% lower distance and the average speed differs even more. I have the feeling that this percentage is not always the same.

Perhaps no trouble-causing isue is that on the ride-data-page I have for connection no thump-up-icon, but a green led .

Can anyone help me on these? Thanks.

stumpydumpy

Dec 15, 2020
Europe
@ PaoloBLEvo

Hello Paolo,

My compliments for all your efforts.
Since the development of the app is going so fast and the forum pages are growing even faster, with only good intentions I have a few minor suggestions.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make a separate reference page on which you indicate the developments and changes per version. Obviously, everyone can immediately see which fixes there are and which version is the latest.
You can also easily check whether you have the correct version of the manual.

I don't mean by any means to disturb your good work, so see what you can do with it.
Keep up the good work.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello all,

I'm new here and I joined because I ran into a few problems. I also have a few well-intentioned suggestions but will post about them separately.

I recently started using the Blevo app on my Levo 2018. The speed and distance are not presented properly, that is the data is too low.
My settings are:
wheelcurcumference is set to 2250 (that is the real wheel/tire).
Speed is set to 1.0 (no speedchanging device is used)
Used parallel to my Garmin the Blevo showed on my last ride 12% lower distance and the average speed differs even more. I have the feeling that this percentage is not always the same.

Perhaps no trouble-causing isue is that on the ride-data-page I have for connection no thump-up-icon, but a green led .

Can anyone help me on these? Thanks.
Which settings are you using for speed and km?
If you are using bike sensor, maybe the wheel size is not perfect.. you should measure it when you are on the bike.. the tire pressure is very important.. 10% on 2250mm is 2 cm.. this is more or less thee differences between measure the wheel size with you on the bike and without..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@ PaoloBLEvo

Hello Paolo,

My compliments for all your efforts.
Since the development of the app is going so fast and the forum pages are growing even faster, with only good intentions I have a few minor suggestions.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make a separate reference page on which you indicate the developments and changes per version. Obviously, everyone can immediately see which fixes there are and which version is the latest.
You can also easily check whether you have the correct version of the manual.

I don't mean by any means to disturb your good work, so see what you can do with it.
Keep up the good work.
Here there is the list of the releases

Sorry but it is in Italian..
The releases are present also here, but in the middle of the thread...

stumpydumpy

Dec 15, 2020
Europe
Which settings are you using for speed and km?
If you are using bike sensor, maybe the wheel size is not perfect.. you should measure it when you are on the bike.. the tire pressure is very important.. 10% on 2250mm is 2 cm.. this is more or less thee differences between measure the wheel size with you on the bike and without..

thanks for your quick respons.
BLEvo version = 3.8.0
settings are
Eco 20% // PP 60%
trail 70% // PP 75 %
Boost 100% // PP 100%
km/h = 36.0
speed = x 1.0
real wheel = 2255 (messured over length of 10 wheelcycles ; =length : 10)

Your answer will be apreciated.

Could you answer the thumps-up versus green led also?
thanks in advance.

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your great App. I'm using latest 3.8.0 for Android and have a persistent problem with the Assist levels in Bike Setup. If I set the assist to 35% in ECO, I can't set the assist below 36% in TRAIL, or the assist below 37% in TURBO. It appears the app restricts the assist levels such that TRAIL always has to be 1% higher than ECO, and TURBO always has to be 1 % higher than TRAIL.

Mission Control allows you to set the 3 assist levels wherever you want. If I use Mission Control to set the assist levels to the factory default of 35%, 35%, 100% (eco, trail, turbo) then BLEVo forces the values to 35%, 36%, 100%. Not a big difference, but it is driving me nuts that BLEVo won't let me set the assist levels fully independently. It is possible to set the Peak Power levels fully independently, so why not the assist levels?

It also doesn't matter what I try with saving and renaming Presets, I can't get past this limitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles