thanks for your quick respons.
BLEvo version = 3.8.0
settings are
Eco 20% // PP 60%
trail 70% // PP 75 %
Boost 100% // PP 100%
km/h = 36.0
speed = x 1.0
real wheel = 2255 (messured over length of 10 wheelcycles ; =length : 10)

Your answer will be apreciated.

Could you answer the thumps-up versus green led also?
thanks in advance.

First: I see that in my earlier post I wronly typed the occured differences in speed and distance. I'm sorry for that.
I've used this weekend to define the date on my problem, but see some unexplainable problems.

I have a S works Levo mfd sept 2018, firmware 2.23.1, standing on its original wheels and tires 27,5".
I have BLEvo version 3.8.0
Settings in BLEvo are 20/70/100 PP 60/75/100; max speed 36,0 wheel 2250
I use only for my biking an Ulefone armored X7 Pro.
For testing as neutral as possible I've used as reference a second bike(r) with a Garmin 1030. We held up together quite strictly, but in this I do expect minor differences due to small differences in accelleration etc. The terrain was flat with small hills, nothing serious.
Over two rides I came to the following data:
1608547355622.png

See the difference in distance and average speed. Notice that strange enough max speed is almost the same ( I descent a little faster because I didn't use the brakes ;))
I have to mention that I have another e-bike, a Levo Expert 2018. When I use BLEvo on that bike with more or less the same settings all functions well (differences are within a few %).

What do you think where it goes wrong?
And what will be the solution?

Thanks already for your time.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
First: I see that in my earlier post I wronly typed the occured differences in speed and distance. I'm sorry for that.
I've used this weekend to define the date on my problem, but see some unexplainable problems.

I have a S works Levo mfd sept 2018, firmware 2.23.1, standing on its original wheels and tires 27,5".
I have BLEvo version 3.8.0
Settings in BLEvo are 20/70/100 PP 60/75/100; max speed 36,0 wheel 2250
I use only for my biking an Ulefone armored X7 Pro.
For testing as neutral as possible I've used as reference a second bike(r) with a Garmin 1030. We held up together quite strictly, but in this I do expect minor differences due to small differences in accelleration etc. The terrain was flat with small hills, nothing serious.
Over two rides I came to the following data:
View attachment 47750
See the difference in distance and average speed. Notice that strange enough max speed is almost the same ( I descent a little faster because I didn't use the brakes ;))
I have to mention that I have another e-bike, a Levo Expert 2018. When I use BLEvo on that bike with more or less the same settings all functions well (differences are within a few %).

What do you think where it goes wrong?
And what will be the solution?

Thanks already for your time.
very strange this big different values...
Maybe you can try to use the GPS instead the bike data, or try to recover the max speed to 25 km/h...
Let me know..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your great App. I'm using latest 3.8.0 for Android and have a persistent problem with the Assist levels in Bike Setup. If I set the assist to 35% in ECO, I can't set the assist below 36% in TRAIL, or the assist below 37% in TURBO. It appears the app restricts the assist levels such that TRAIL always has to be 1% higher than ECO, and TURBO always has to be 1 % higher than TRAIL.

Mission Control allows you to set the 3 assist levels wherever you want. If I use Mission Control to set the assist levels to the factory default of 35%, 35%, 100% (eco, trail, turbo) then BLEVo forces the values to 35%, 36%, 100%. Not a big difference, but it is driving me nuts that BLEVo won't let me set the assist levels fully independently. It is possible to set the Peak Power levels fully independently, so why not the assist levels?

It also doesn't matter what I try with saving and renaming Presets, I can't get past this limitation.
I added these constraints because the previous versions of the Levo when I put ECO greater than TRAIL, after a short time the remote command stopped to work and it was impossible to change between ECO/TRAIL and TURBO.. I don't know why but I add a lot of code to avoid the overlap of the assistance level.
I never tested the new bike with the percentage overlapped.. Maybe it works correctly, but I think is not a problem to have the percentage in sequence..

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I added these constraints because the previous versions of the Levo when I put ECO greater than TRAIL, after a short time the remote command stopped to work and it was impossible to change between ECO/TRAIL and TURBO.. I don't know why but I add a lot of code to avoid the overlap of the assistance level.
I never tested the new bike with the percentage overlapped.. Maybe it works correctly, but I think is not a problem to have the percentage in sequence..
Thanks for the explanation Paolo.

Sllevosl

Dec 28, 2020
Durham
Hi am new here- Have recently got a Levo SL expert and using this fab app BLEVO- wondered if there is a thread for LEVO SL, as inevitably settings are different?

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Hi am new here- Have recently got a Levo SL expert and using this fab app BLEVO- wondered if there is a thread for LEVO SL, as inevitably settings are different?

I have a FF levo and an SL and I use them both with my phone and Blevo. There is a bit of process educating the phone that it's a different bike but now that I have it each bike works flawlessly in Blevo. I do set my settings in Mission Control so it may be that that is where the difference is, but Blevo seems to know each bike individually. I'll defer to Paolo though...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo . My spe model 2018 and Blevo app continues pulling after stopping pedaling and this for about a second. Can i change that in the app ?
Thanks
I had the same issue on my Kenevo.. but after some weeks I changed the motor due to it was broken.. I think there is something in the pedal sensor in the motor.. you have to ask to the dealer..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have a FF levo and an SL and I use them both with my phone and Blevo. There is a bit of process educating the phone that it's a different bike but now that I have it each bike works flawlessly in Blevo. I do set my settings in Mission Control so it may be that that is where the difference is, but Blevo seems to know each bike individually. I'll defer to Paolo though...
I have a Kenevo 2020 and a Levo SL, and I use Smart Power. The only difference is the Legs Power.. I increased it when I use the SL, otherwise I have too much assistance..

stumpydumpy

Dec 15, 2020
Europe
very strange this big different values...
Maybe you can try to use the GPS instead the bike data, or try to recover the max speed to 25 km/h...
Let me know..
happy newyear and with many wonderfull rides !

In my earlier posts I reported strange values on speed and distance (probably the same signal is used)
Until yesterday I had used the BLEvo-app and for verification a separate Garmin Edge 1000.
Now I've connected both (the Garmin also) to my bike. And guess what: BLEvo and garmin both give a almost identical speed and distance, but both equaly wrong.
So the signal coming from my bike must be the cause of the problem.
It occurs only on my 2018 S Works levo. On my 2018 Specialized Expert Levo it works fine.
Anyone who knows how to fix this?
Many thanks in advance.

maxx

Dec 17, 2020
Hi. It is the first time I write in this forum. I have a 2019 Levo Expert. I use BLEvo on my old Samsung J7 on the handlebar, and to tell the truth, everything works great.
Before writing, I read the 137 pages of the forum to try to learn about the evolution of BLEvo and the user experience.
I have some questions and observations for Paolo, but this time I write only because I want to buy the O-Synce remote control, but the model recommended in the forum is no longer available. The only one there is right now available is:

Will this model work with BLEvo? Or does it also depend on the phone?

Paolo, in a few days I will send some data that I have been observing in a few rides.

Groene005

May 3, 2019
Holland
Paolo first I wish you and all BLEVO users a happy new year. Soon I will get a new engine (type 1.2) under my LEVO FSR 2016/17. Of course, the latest software is also loaded. Specialized indicated in September 2020 that new software of the type x23 .... has been released (see attachment) with the warning that not all external software suppliers still work with this new x23 ..... I also have some photos attached of the current situation. My question is: Does BLEVO also work with the new software x23... in terms of speed above 25 km / h and smart power.
NEUE BATTERIE FIRMWARE X.23 MY16-MY18 LEVO / KENEVO
Christoph Joch10. September 2020 17:12
Wir freuen uns, die Verfügbarkeit der neuen Batterie Firmware X.23 für alle MY16-18Levo / Kenevo bekannt zu geben.
Bitte beachte, dass aufgrund eines neuen Kommunikationsprotokolls innerhalb des X.23-Akku-Updates Drittanbieter-Apps, die mit deinem Fahrrad verbunden sind, eventuell nicht kompatibel sind und ihre Verwendung nicht empfohlen wird.

Screenshot_20201230-130421.jpg

Screenshot_20201230-130426.jpg

Screenshot_20201230-130444.jpg

Screenshot_20201222-160807_BLEvo.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
happy newyear and with many wonderfull rides !

In my earlier posts I reported strange values on speed and distance (probably the same signal is used)
Until yesterday I had used the BLEvo-app and for verification a separate Garmin Edge 1000.
Now I've connected both (the Garmin also) to my bike. And guess what: BLEvo and garmin both give a almost identical speed and distance, but both equaly wrong.
So the signal coming from my bike must be the cause of the problem.
It occurs only on my 2018 S Works levo. On my 2018 Specialized Expert Levo it works fine.
Anyone who knows how to fix this?
Many thanks in advance.
Maybe it is the setting of the wheel size of the Sworks bike... could you post check the wheel size with Mission Control?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi. It is the first time I write in this forum. I have a 2019 Levo Expert. I use BLEvo on my old Samsung J7 on the handlebar, and to tell the truth, everything works great.
Before writing, I read the 137 pages of the forum to try to learn about the evolution of BLEvo and the user experience.
I have some questions and observations for Paolo, but this time I write only because I want to buy the O-Synce remote control, but the model recommended in the forum is no longer available. The only one there is right now available is:

Will this model work with BLEvo? Or does it also depend on the phone?

Paolo, in a few days I will send some data that I have been observing in a few rides.
No.. you need the remote for the Smart Phone.. I asked to the supplier of the remote why the remote is not more available...
I will let you know..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo first I wish you and all BLEVO users a happy new year. Soon I will get a new engine (type 1.2) under my LEVO FSR 2016/17. Of course, the latest software is also loaded. Specialized indicated in September 2020 that new software of the type x23 .... has been released (see attachment) with the warning that not all external software suppliers still work with this new x23 ..... I also have some photos attached of the current situation. My question is: Does BLEVO also work with the new software x23... in terms of speed above 25 km / h and smart power.
NEUE BATTERIE FIRMWARE X.23 MY16-MY18 LEVO / KENEVO
Christoph Joch10. September 2020 17:12
Wir freuen uns, die Verfügbarkeit der neuen Batterie Firmware X.23 für alle MY16-18Levo / Kenevo bekannt zu geben.
Bitte beachte, dass aufgrund eines neuen Kommunikationsprotokolls innerhalb des X.23-Akku-Updates Drittanbieter-Apps, die mit deinem Fahrrad verbunden sind, eventuell nicht kompatibel sind und ihre Verwendung nicht empfohlen wird.

View attachment 48938

View attachment 48939

View attachment 48940

View attachment 48942
I suppose yes.
First of all you need to set the real wheel size and then modify the Km/h value..
Let me know.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
For who is interested in O-Synce Remote Control OSY12 this is the answer from the supplier
Dear Paolo,

the multiremote will be available again, but we have some delivery problems right now. Due to Covid-19, the freights from Asia are very expensive and we also have to face delivery delays and long waiting periods.

We'll announce the delivery date on our website and I can also send you an e-mail, once it's available.

Happy New Year to you, too!

Sorry but you should wait..

royce

Aug 10, 2018
olympia, wa.
hey everyone!
just used the BLEvo app today and i set the speed higher and it still won't let me go past the 20mph speed, power cuts out when i reach it. i was hoping to use this occasionally on roads so I can actually use high gear at a higher cadence. should this work with my;
2017 specialized turbo levo comp fattie
thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
hey everyone!
just used the BLEvo app today and i set the speed higher and it still won't let me go past the 20mph speed, power cuts out when i reach it. i was hoping to use this occasionally on roads so I can actually use high gear at a higher cadence. should this work with my;
2017 specialized turbo levo comp fattie
thanks
please try to clean the contact between motor and battery.. Let me know then the firmware version of the battery and the motor..

royce

Aug 10, 2018
olympia, wa.
please try to clean the contact between motor and battery.. Let me know then the firmware version of the battery and the motor..
there's no issue with contact points, it cuts out like normal, as in it won't go past 20mph without seriously hard pedaling.
motor firmware; 4.0.1
battery; 4.17.1
the battery is brand new, replaced under warranty.

Last edited:

royce

Aug 10, 2018
olympia, wa.
It seems that I may have been misinformed about being able to get past the 20mph limit on my 2017 levo, with only the BLEvo app.
If this is true, then would the planetary gear setup be my best choice?
motor: 4.1.1
battery: 4.17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles