Status
Not open for further replies.

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
Today I went biking with my new telephone, a few times the app could not find my bike, that is strange. The three dots are still showing, bike + engine are connected and then it comes on again, what can I do?
I also still have problems with my old telephone: the gained metres do not correspond correctly, many times there is 20 to 30% difference to my Bryton GPS.
I specially bought a phone with a barometer, but no improvement.

A1ED2615-EEC0-408C-9D6B-2E0E44D39E5F.jpeg

mu71rd

Jan 31, 2021
UK
First proper play with the app this weekend. I have a couple of questions:
  • I tried to get the apple watch HR stuff to work. it quickly received my starting HR but then beyond that it gave a 'no connection' warning for 10-15 minutes or so. then randomly i would get an update, but really it was a once-every-15-minutes thing rather than 'live'. Clearly not enough for the bike to react and adjust power in the way described in the manual. My understanding from the documentation is that Blevo responding to the live HR info from an Apple Watch is part of its intended usage, but from reading lots of forum posts over the last year or so it seems most people don't manage to get that working. I also saw a post somewhere from the developer saying that Apple Watch doesn't provide realtime data about HR - only saves it on the watch for use later. I'm happy to buy a cheap HR monitor if that is what is required, but I wanted to find out first if anyone has managed to get Blevo to work consistently with Apple Watch HR info for proper 'live' ride adjustments before I spend money on another HR device?
  • I tried to increase the maximum speed setting to 40km/h but upon testing, the bike appeared to still be cutting out at the usual 25km/h like before. There's no issue with normal riding behaviour. The app reports firmware as 10.32.0 and the battery is brand new (a warranty replacement for a dead Levo Expert 2017 battery that gave up the ghost).

I also wanted to add that i've read a lot of this thread (not all 138 pages of it, but much of the early stuff is not so relevant now in 2021). I'm amazed at how polite, friendly, responsive and receptive to feedback the developer @PaoloBLEvo is. So refreshing to see, and not often the case. This seems to be a very respectful forum - well done admins. (as an admin of a forum myself, i know that is not an easy tone to create). (y)
nobody else having issues with Apple Watch?

maxx

Dec 17, 2020
Today I went biking with my new telephone, a few times the app could not find my bike, that is strange. The three dots are still showing, bike + engine are connected and then it comes on again, what can I do?
I also still have problems with my old telephone: the gained metres do not correspond correctly, many times there is 20 to 30% difference to my Bryton GPS.

View attachment 52062
By the way. What phone with barometer did you buy?

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
I found the maps and I downloaded them, thanks very much, I still have to try it out.
I bought a Xiaomi pro M 10 and in the specifications of the phone it says it should have a barometer, when I look in the phone it doesn’t show a barometer, maybe not all the regions have the same specifications? :unsure:

aaronrryan

Feb 3, 2021
Brea, CA, USA
nobody else having issues with Apple Watch?
I'm having Apple Watch HR issues too...been trying many things for the last few months, but seems there is no fix.
I'm using a iPhone 12 pro with Apple Watch Series 5.
I've tried it using my wife's Apple watch Series 5 and her iPhone 8 Plus too and having the same issue.

Does anyone have BLEvo working consistently with Apple Watch HR?
if so, what version iPhone and Watch do you have?

Attached are photos of it connected but with the HR being off, and then it disconnects, even though the watch is still showing HR.
IMG_2105.jpeg IMG_2107.jpeg

Last edited:

mu71rd

Jan 31, 2021
UK
I'm having Apple Watch HR issues too...seems there is no fix.
I've tried it using my wife's apple watch and her iPhone too and having the same issue too.

if so, what version iPhone and watch do you have?
glad it's not just me - seems really odd that a) a function that has such prominence in the app seems to not work at all, and that b) there is so little enthusiasm to discuss it, or its solution, on the previous 138 pages.

anyone?

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
First proper play with the app this weekend. I have a couple of questions:
  • I tried to get the apple watch HR stuff to work. it quickly received my starting HR but then beyond that it gave a 'no connection' warning for 10-15 minutes or so. then randomly i would get an update, but really it was a once-every-15-minutes thing rather than 'live'. Clearly not enough for the bike to react and adjust power in the way described in the manual. My understanding from the documentation is that Blevo responding to the live HR info from an Apple Watch is part of its intended usage, but from reading lots of forum posts over the last year or so it seems most people don't manage to get that working. I also saw a post somewhere from the developer saying that Apple Watch doesn't provide realtime data about HR - only saves it on the watch for use later. I'm happy to buy a cheap HR monitor if that is what is required, but I wanted to find out first if anyone has managed to get Blevo to work consistently with Apple Watch HR info for proper 'live' ride adjustments before I spend money on another HR device?
  • I tried to increase the maximum speed setting to 40km/h but upon testing, the bike appeared to still be cutting out at the usual 25km/h like before. There's no issue with normal riding behaviour. The app reports firmware as 10.32.0 and the battery is brand new (a warranty replacement for a dead Levo Expert 2017 battery that gave up the ghost).

I also wanted to add that i've read a lot of this thread (not all 138 pages of it, but much of the early stuff is not so relevant now in 2021). I'm amazed at how polite, friendly, responsive and receptive to feedback the developer @PaoloBLEvo is. So refreshing to see, and not often the case. This seems to be a very respectful forum - well done admins. (as an admin of a forum myself, i know that is not an easy tone to create). (y)
Thanks a lot..
For the Apple Watch issue I know, most of time the watch doesn't send the data in real time to avoid power consumption.. It seems that only old watches can do this.
For the speed limit, I don't understand the firmware version.. I think you should force a reflash of the firmware with the correct version, but you have to go to the dealer for this...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Bm dia @PaoloBLEvo utilizo uma LEVO aqui no Brasil (interior da Bahia / Vitória da Conquista) há 3 anos. E descobri o APP BLEVO e já divulguei o app para 6 amigos. Um sucesso! Pergunto: É possível colocar um "alarme" / notificação sobre a temperatura do motor? Pois o APP mede a temperatura e termos a opção de colocar uma temperatura máxima seria bem interessante. O que acha?
English please..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

View attachment 52062
For the gained issue try to use the DEM functionality.
For the connession issue, I don't know why sometime happens.. Last time during my ride the connection was restored changing the assistance level.. very strange.. But it was the only time that happened a disconnection..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
glad it's not just me - seems really odd that a) a function that has such prominence in the app seems to not work at all, and that b) there is so little enthusiasm to discuss it, or its solution, on the previous 138 pages.

anyone?
I think there is not a solution.. The Apple Watch doesn't send the heart rate data in real time..
Some information are here about this..

aaronrryan

Feb 3, 2021
Brea, CA, USA
Thanks a lot..
For the Apple Watch issue I know, most of time the watch doesn't send the data in real time to avoid power consumption.. It seems that only old watches can do this.
For the speed limit, I don't understand the firmware version.. I think you should force a reflash of the firmware with the correct version, but you have to go to the dealer for this...

Zwift uses a Zwift app on the Apple Watch that "Pairs" with the Zwift app running on the iPhone, it then actively send HR to the Zwift app on the iPhone. I wonder if a similar BLEvo Apple Watch app could be used to do the same.

mu71rd

Jan 31, 2021
UK
I think there is not a solution.. The Apple Watch doesn't send the heart rate data in real time..
Some information are here about this..
thanks Paulo for the response. Yes i think the only solution would be a watch native app, but I know i read before you've said you don't have time to implement that, which I understand.

Would it not be better to remove the 'use Apple Watch for HR' option from the menu if that is never going to actually work? I just think that gives people false hope and then eventual frustration that the feature doesn't work as expected. Is this lack of real-time data a recent thing?

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
I’m switching from a Levo to an SL. Does the app work with an SL? I’m guessing yes because the TCU is the same but want to be sure. I don’t have the SL yet to try so was wondering.

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
I'm having Apple Watch HR issues too...been trying many things for the last few months, but seems there is no fix.
I'm using a iPhone 12 pro with Apple Watch Series 5.
I've tried it using my wife's Apple watch Series 5 and her iPhone 8 Plus too and having the same issue.

if so, what version iPhone and Watch do you have?

Attached are photos of it connected but with the HR being off, and then it disconnects, even though the watch is still showing HR.
View attachment 52561 View attachment 52562

I haven’t ridden recently but apple watch support is the main reason I purchaed the app so that’s dissapointing to hear.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
thanks Paulo for the response. Yes i think the only solution would be a watch native app, but I know i read before you've said you don't have time to implement that, which I understand.

Would it not be better to remove the 'use Apple Watch for HR' option from the menu if that is never going to actually work? I just think that gives people false hope and then eventual frustration that the feature doesn't work as expected. Is this lack of real-time data a recent thing?
Maybe you are right.. It is better to remove even if I know that there are guys who are using it correctly..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I’m switching from a Levo to an SL. Does the app work with an SL? I’m guessing yes because the TCU is the same but want to be sure. I don’t have the SL yet to try so was wondering.
Yes, BLEvo works with the SL.. I have the SL bike..

mu71rd

Jan 31, 2021
UK
Maybe you are right.. It is better to remove even if I know that there are guys who are using it correctly..
what do you mean by "using it correctly?". I'm happy to get it to work if there is something i'm doing wrong, but the impression I got is that it doesn't work due to an issue with Apple Watch? Is it a recent Apple Watch problem, or updated software?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
what do you mean by "using it correctly?". I'm happy to get it to work if there is something i'm doing wrong, but the impression I got is that it doesn't work due to an issue with Apple Watch? Is it a recent Apple Watch problem, or updated software?
I think the last version of the Apple Watch don't permit this to save the battery of the watch.
I have to ask some try.
Please follow what it is written here..
Start in the same time BLEvo and Strava app on the phone and start the Strava app on the Apple Watch.
BLEvo should be able to read the data from the healthy kit (if it is allowed before).
Could you try and let me know?
Sorry but I don't have the Apple Watch and I cannot try..

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
So, i have so many bluetooth issues with my Bv6000 that I consider using an older iPhone instead for Blevo. However, the map display on iOS is so bad. Is there any possibility that you will change this to some other map source? On the android I use the downloadable ones and they are great. Here is Gaia GPS using the same openstreetmap as Blevo but with a much greater visibility.

EC14DE5A-4BC5-45F5-A4CA-57CA72BA3D90.jpeg

956830B9-FE35-4E04-AFEE-AC9062AC7EB2.jpeg

mu71rd

Jan 31, 2021
UK
I think the last version of the Apple Watch don't permit this to save the battery of the watch.
I have to ask some try.
Please follow what it is written here..
Start in the same time BLEvo and Strava app on the phone and start the Strava app on the Apple Watch.
BLEvo should be able to read the data from the healthy kit (if it is allowed before).
Could you try and let me know?
Sorry but I don't have the Apple Watch and I cannot try..
how annoying. yes I'll try it and see what happens. I did try this with an apple watch 'outdoor cycle' but perhaps it needs to be a third party app like Strava. Will see how I get on. I have an Apple Watch 6

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Just use the Workout on the watch - Outdoor Bike Ride and look at the stats on the iPhone it syncs with (Fitness app). On Fitness app it shows the workout, tap on it, see all the stats and at the bottom is the map - tap on that to get the details...
WinterHillStats.jpg
WinterHillRoute.jpg

mu71rd

Jan 31, 2021
UK
Just use the Workout on the watch - Outdoor Bike Ride and look at the stats on the iPhone it syncs with (Fitness app). On Fitness app it shows the workout, tap on it, see all the stats and at the bottom is the map - tap on that to get the details...
View attachment 53081 View attachment 53080
yes recording it is not an issue. the issue is whether the HR data can be read in real time by Blevo so that the HR features work on the app.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
So, i have so many bluetooth issues with my Bv6000 that I consider using an older iPhone instead for Blevo. However, the map display on iOS is so bad. Is there any possibility that you will change this to some other map source? On the android I use the downloadable ones and they are great. Here is Gaia GPS using the same openstreetmap as Blevo but with a much greater visibility.

View attachment 53069

View attachment 53070
First of all it is better to solve the issue with BV6000 that is very good for bike and BLEvo..
I think there are some settings in the Android setup to avoid Bluetooth issue.
For iOS, your are showing the Map after ride, not the map during the ride that are Mapbox and not Google... Mapbox is a little better than Google map..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles