Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
@PaoloBLEvo just for clarity is the idea of smart power to continue to still use three modes or just to leave it in one like automatic gearbox?

Rick

Aug 10, 2018
Italy
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone uses a watch for the smart HR function and if so which one. I can not wear a chest strap and I have read the official blevo forum and there are a couple of examples of the the chest strap.
So yea, just looking for some feedback.

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
@PaoloBLEvo , tested Smart Power again yesterday. Still great performance. One Issue I recognized was that when Smart Power is increasing the assistance this is done very quickly and by a big move, e.g. from 9% straight to 15%. Decreasing is done in steps. Can I make this more smoothly? And where can I activate the Smart Boost function? I can read about this in the help section of Smart Power.

Second question: Can I combine Smart Power with Smart HR? When I'm riding uphill trails, Rider power is usually above the threshold. HR above 140 or 150. When having a small piece with less watt input needed Smart Power is decreasing assistance. HR is still above 140 or 150. As I want to have that piece of ride to use for recovery, can I use Smart HR with 140 or 150?
Thanks.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo , tested Smart Power again yesterday. Still great performance. One Issue I recognized was that when Smart Power is increasing the assistance this is done very quickly and by a big move, e.g. from 9% straight to 15%. Decreasing is done in steps. Can I make this more smoothly? And where can I activate the Smart Boost function? I can read about this in the help section of Smart Power.

Second question: Can I combine Smart Power with Smart HR? When I'm riding uphill trails, Rider power is usually above the threshold. HR above 140 or 150. When having a small piece with less watt input needed Smart Power is decreasing assistance. HR is still above 140 or 150. As I want to have that piece of ride to use for recovery, can I use Smart HR with 140 or 150?
Thanks.
Could you share a screenshot of your Smart Power setup?

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
Screenshot_20180822-092316_BLEvo.jpg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
In order to have a down decresing smoothly you can select "Auto very soft".
For Boost functionality, it is automatically implemented when you select step up Auto.
I think you need to increase the max value of eco.. put 34%..
You can combine Smart Power and Smart HR.. but you need a heart monitor.. then there will be the option for smart HR..

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Short ride to work; seems nice. Very nice. App also asked permission from ios to heartrate...
Doesn't work yet though.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Seems that the android version is much more advanced.
Have to look for a cheap android phone just for blevo it seems :rolleyes:

I do the same thing. I have a dedicated charger and cable for the "burner" android phone that stays with the bike charger. Plug the bike and the phone in after the ride. In my case my phone battery lasts just about the same length of time as the Levo battery.

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I just bought Sony Experia z3 compact for BLevo for 60euros. And it has IP68.
Main reason is that i managed to drop my iPhone8 yesterday from Quadlock. Luckily phone didn't got any damage.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just bought Sony Experia z3 compact for BLevo for 60euros. And it has IP68.
Main reason is that i managed to drop my iPhone8 yesterday from Quadlock. Luckily phone didn't got any damage.
This is the reason why it is better to "invest" on a low cost Android..

gr8

Aug 14, 2018
Switzerland
But i read that set the pp = 100 will drain the battery much faster... I depend on longer battery life rather than more power.

So i have the following settings
Eco 20/40
Trail 50/70
Turbo 100/100

Any advice? Thanks

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
Paolo, I am having problems finding this menu page on the iOS app version which allows you to set the Auto Fast setting and Auto Soft setting. On the Android version I finally found it using the android menu button, but having trouble finding it on iOS. My wife and I love the functionality of the app but getting around the settings still a little challenging. Have you done an English manual update since the one you released in June? I know you stay busy with the code, we appreciate it! Thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, I am having problems finding this menu page on the iOS app version which allows you to set the Auto Fast setting and Auto Soft setting. On the Android version I finally found it using the android menu button, but having trouble finding it on iOS. My wife and I love the functionality of the app but getting around the settings still a little challenging. Have you done an English manual update since the one you released in June? I know you stay busy with the code, we appreciate it! Thanks
The Auto soft and Auto fast are hidden in the "reactivity" selection...
For the user manual for ios, I will do before the end of the month... I hope...
Sorry for this..

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
Paolo, two more questions and I will wait for the iOS manual update.

I prefer the older display on the iOS BLevo app before the update (maybe I'm just used to it), please tell me where the display page is on the iOS app so I can change from the new display to the default one, the one I had used before the update.

Also, a new dialog box pops up at the start urging me to set the GPS on Always, instead of while the App is active. Not sure why I would want my GPS running on my phone always when I'm not using the app, or riding, most of the day. Seems this would adversely effect my phone's battery.

Thanks again!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, two more questions and I will wait for the iOS manual update.

I prefer the older display on the iOS BLevo app before the update (maybe I'm just used to it), please tell me where the display page is on the iOS app so I can change from the new display to the default one, the one I had used before the update.

Also, a new dialog box pops up at the start urging me to set the GPS on Always, instead of while the App is active. Not sure why I would want my GPS running on my phone always when I'm not using the app, or riding, most of the day. Seems this would adversely effect my phone's battery.

Thanks again!

Why you like previous display?

The GPS is required to be set to Always, otherwise the app will not record the complete GPS route if you lock the screen.
The GPS is active only if the bike monitor is active. If not, the GPS is not used so the battery is safe.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK

The GPS is required to be set to Always, otherwise the app will not record the complete GPS route if you lock the screen.
The GPS is active only if the bike monitor is active. If not, the GPS is not used so the battery is safe.

For what it's worth - I prefer the new display, big improvement in my view.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Please try the latest release (2.7.1)and let me know..
Still dropping off gps. Tested this morning. Didn’t compare with Strava but gps was dropping off several times on my way to work.

But soon i’ll get my Android, maybe it will perform better.:unsure:(y)

Last edited:

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA

I will admit that I may have not given the new display enough time riding, but in my opinion, the original display showed me more fields that I was exploring while learning to use the BLEvo app without the initial and future manual updates. Is it possible that the iOS version does not allow the display customization like the Android version does? Just looking at possibly customizing the data fields.like I can on the Android version, but unable to find the display option on iOS. Still love the app and functionality, will put more time in today on the new display. Thanks!

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
I will admit that I may have not given the new display enough time riding, but in my opinion, the original display showed me more fields that I was exploring while learning to use the BLEvo app without the initial and future manual updates. Is it possible that the iOS version does not allow the display customization like the Android version does? Just looking at possibly customizing the data fields.like I can on the Android version, but unable to find the display option on iOS. Still love the app and functionality, will put more time in today on the new display. Thanks!

After riding with the new iOS version of the BLEvo app for a couple hours, I agree that I do like the new display better than the previous one. Easy to read and has nice active overlays on several fields to make it more intuitive. Thanks, Paolo!

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
@PaoloBLEvo - I hoping it's of help but as below, the screen is not formatted correctly on iPhone X - not sure if it's related/relevant but I'm running iOS 12 Beta 10

Also, a nice to have would be Ascent in Feet (on the display) when using Miles (noting the data output is in Feet - which is good)
IMG_0019.png

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo - I hoping it's of help but as below, the screen is not formatted correctly on iPhone X - not sure if it's related/relevant but I'm running iOS 12 Beta 10

Also, a nice to have would be Ascent in Feet (on the display) when using Miles (noting the data output is in Feet - which is good)
View attachment 4424
Thanks for the report...
I will check and update as soon as possible..

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
I bought this, bike too new to me and just did my first ride, with mission control and noticed I can’t figure out how many calories I burned. I already had BLEvo, but am using iPhone 7 for display. Also have Apple Watch, is the heart rate monitor going to work via the watch? Also if I already have a ride saved can I export to BLEvo and see calculated statistics.

nictom

Jul 4, 2018
Sweden
Thanks for the report...
I will check and update as soon as possible..
Mornings Paolo

I attach my files and maybe you can find out if and why the GPS data drops out.

In settings I have checked: BLEvo/Location/Always.

Thanks for your effort and the new display, I like it but it seems I don't get speed info on the display.

Thanks
Thomas

Attachments

• 2018-08-24_062021.gpx
    906 bytes · Views: 489
  • 2018-08-24_062021.gpx
    906 bytes · Views: 481

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I bought this, bike too new to me and just did my first ride, with mission control and noticed I can’t figure out how many calories I burned. I already had BLEvo, but am using iPhone 7 for display. Also have Apple Watch, is the heart rate monitor going to work via the watch? Also if I already have a ride saved can I export to BLEvo and see calculated statistics.
I will add the burned calories.. for now the Apple Watch cannot be used for heart monitor.. may be in the future.
You cannot import in BLEvo the ride.. it is not so easy to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles