Not open for further replies.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I dont understand. When i select BLevo Smart:

ADE9193E-9D03-41EE-B6CE-F03180B14002.jpeg

I choose yes and:

73DB220E-3D37-4190-B657-8E55DCB4E717.jpeg

Says reading all parameters and slider goes to ”anvanced user” automatically.

Am i doing something wrong here?

F203C83C-D11B-476A-B12A-D8217D441616.jpeg

B0DC9310-ABFA-475D-8310-A10D261CC8F5.jpeg

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Hi, Smart Power is also present is ios version.
Try to use preset "BLEvo Smart"
10/80/100 pp 100/100/100
Enter in Smart Power settings and set the range as follow (as Stefano, or "not expert")

Eco 6-79
Trail 11-99
Turbo 100

For legs power start with 160 watt and increase it if the assistance is too high.. otherwise decrease it..

As Stefano i can set eco only as high as 59% and Trail min i cant set lower than 31%. Turbo is 99/100. Min is not possibly set at 100.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
As Stefano i can set eco only as high as 59% and Trail min i cant set lower than 31%. Turbo is 99/100. Min is not possibly set at 100.
The "Stefano" settings, depend from "static" setting.. the static settings in my example are eco 10/trail 80/ turbo 100..
If you can set max value of Eco as 59%, this means that you set trail as 60%..

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
Hi All, I want to improve the max range I can ride with my Levo Comp 2018 but not losing the fun aspect of my Levo:).

Started with 15% in Eco which allows me to ride a lot of trails in Eco, and for some other trails I use Trail or Turbo mode. In order to save battery power I reduced Eco from 15% to 10%. Give me around 300 to 500 meters in max altitude but reduces the number of trails I can ride in Eco.

So next level is using BLEvo and seeting Eco at 12%. Not tested on a tour yet but seems to be a good compromise.

On the other hand I looked at the Smart Power function which seems perfect for my "problem". I tested the function today but there are so many input parameters that I can´t test every set of parameters on a tour. So what can I do to have a smooth smart power function? I want to have mostly anything between 9% and 12%, and only in cases where I´m riding trails uphill (with more rider power input) I want to have assistiance up to let´s say 15%. Assistance level shoulg go up quickly, downwards more smoothly.

- I set the range between 9% and 15%. This seems OK for me. Eco is at 11% and open for smart power.
- Rider Power goal was set at 220 watt, with 30 watt change.
- Assistance delay at AUTO Fast and AUTO Soft (but I do not know what parameters are set for this).
- No expert further expert mode.

Is there anything I can do or change to improve the smart power mode and does it cause any issue to motor or battery if the assistance level is changed multiple times during my ride?

Thanks.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi All, I want to improve the max range I can ride with my Levo Comp 2018 but not losing the fun aspect of my Levo:).

Started with 15% in Eco which allows me to ride a lot of trails in Eco, and for some other trails I use Trail or Turbo mode. In order to save battery power I reduced Eco from 15% to 10%. Give me around 300 to 500 meters in max altitude but reduces the number of trails I can ride in Eco.

So next level is using BLEvo and seeting Eco at 12%. Not tested on a tour yet but seems to be a good compromise.

On the other hand I looked at the Smart Power function which seems perfect for my "problem". I tested the function today but there are so many input parameters that I can´t test every set of parameters on a tour. So what can I do to have a smooth smart power function? I want to have mostly anything between 9% and 12%, and only in cases where I´m riding trails uphill (with more rider power input) I want to have assistiance up to let´s say 15%. Assistance level shoulg go up quickly, downwards more smoothly.

- I set the range between 9% and 15%. This seems OK for me. Eco is at 11% and open for smart power.
- Rider Power goal was set at 220 watt, with 30 watt change.
- Assistance delay at AUTO Fast and AUTO Soft (but I do not know what parameters are set for this).
- No expert further expert mode.

Is there anything I can do or change to improve the smart power mode and does it cause any issue to motor or battery if the assistance level is changed multiple times during my ride?

Thanks.
Smart Power is the right solution for your problem...
220 Watt is very high.. I don't know your training level, but I think it is better to start from 180 watt and increase it if the assistance is too high.. (you can do from the main display)
Change the range in +/- 15. It is better
Keep "expert" mode, otherwise you cannot set the range of eco. Activate the Smart Power only in ECO
For Step is ok to use auto mode.
Share your configuration in order to check it.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Tested smart eco this morning, works very well!
Reactivity could be sometimes even more faster. I set it mid-high now.

What is cm? That’s set default as ”1” ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Tested smart eco this morning, works very well!
Reactivity could be sometimes even more faster. I set it mid-high now.

What is cm? That’s set default as ”1” ?
Cm means "current motor".. set it to 9 or under.. in firmware x.22 there is a bug e the cm value is not so clear..

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
This mornings commute.
From Blevo:
IMG_1524.jpeg

From Apple Watch(Strava):
IMG_1525.jpeg

BLevo turns gps on and off all the time...

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Phone is always on the bar, with Quadlock. Km is calculated with gps. Gps does this always with BLevo, dropping of constantly.
Phone is iPhone8. There's no this problem with Mission Control.

IMG_1527.jpeg

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
I tested Smart Power yesterday on a tour: around 30km, 1000m in altitude, good portion of uphill and downhill trails.

Altitude Ride 20_08_18.PNG

Smart Power for Eco (11%) ranging from 9% to 15%:

Started with 180 watt and 15+/-. Change mode auto. Already great improvement compared to standard 11% setting. During my ride I changed that to 200 watt and +/- 20. Additionally I changed the mode for increasing the adjustment to Auto Fast, and the decreasing mode to Auto very soft. This combination gives me enough comfort during trail riding of really fast increase of assistance when I need it, but controls the reduction of assistance in a smooth way.

I did 99% of the ride in Eco with Smart Power, used around 39% of battery power, and Eco was in average at 12.1%. I had 244 changes during my ride - is this OK for a 2 hour ride?

Thanks @PaoloBLEvo , great job!!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I tested Smart Power yesterday on a tour: around 30km, 1000m in altitude, good portion of uphill and downhill trails.

View attachment 4259

Smart Power for Eco (11%) ranging from 9% to 15%:

Started with 180 watt and 15+/-. Change mode auto. Already great improvement compared to standard 11% setting. During my ride I changed that to 200 watt and +/- 20. Additionally I changed the mode for increasing the adjustment to Auto Fast, and the decreasing mode to Auto very soft. This combination gives me enough comfort during trail riding of really fast increase of assistance when I need it, but controls the reduction of assistance in a smooth way.

I did 99% of the ride in Eco with Smart Power, used around 39% of battery power, and Eco was in average at 12.1%. I had 244 changes during my ride - is this OK for a 2 hour ride?

Thanks @PaoloBLEvo , great job!!
Good result... you can ride around 60km with 2000m in ascend..
If you use Auto very soft, it is good for comfort, but the battery consumption should be higher..
I think you can reduce the min of eco, from 9 to 5.. this is good for battery..
Thanks again for your report

Rizzo_75!

Aug 21, 2018
Germany
Hello together, i have a 2016 Levo with the C161, BatFirmWare 4.9 and motor 4.0. I`m thinking about to install the X.23 but i don`t want to lose the chance of changing the acceleration! And actually i don`t want to get an update. Never touch a running system. At all, i´m happy with my setup and i don´t use apps much often, but my aim is to get more miles with one batteriecharge. I drive Eco 25 with 50 MC with the first firmware. So is it possible to set the Eco 25 and CM 50 with the firmware X.9??? Could it work in Blevo? I bought the app a few minutes ago. Thanks in advance for an answer and sorry for my bad english.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hello together, i have a 2016 Levo with the C161, BatFirmWare 4.9 and motor 4.0. I`m thinking about to install the X.23 but i don`t want to lose the chance of changing the acceleration! And actually i don`t want to get an update. Never touch a running system. At all, i´m happy with my setup and i don´t use apps much often, but my aim is to get more miles with one batteriecharge. I drive Eco 25 with 50 MC with the first firmware. So is it possible to set the Eco 25 and CM 50 with the firmware X.9??? Could it work in Blevo? I bought the app a few minutes ago. Thanks in advance for an answer and sorry for my bad english.
Yes, BLEvo is compatible with firmware x.9.. all features are available.. let me know if you found any issue..

Rizzo_75!

Aug 21, 2018
Germany
Hi Paolo, thanks for your answer. I just connected Blevo to my bike but i cannot find the button who enables the app to get different CM to Eco, Trail or Turbo. Do i have to update my batterie or my motor first? I just want to try Eco25 with CM50, Trail 40 with CM75 and so on...

Rizzo_75!

Aug 21, 2018
Germany
ok, thanks for the information. Did you think about an update for ios? If not, i have to search for my old samsung galaxy! Later i will try your smart power with my iphone. Thanks again and best regards;)

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Seems that the android version is much more advanced.
Have to look for a cheap android phone just for blevo it seems :rolleyes:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Seems that the android version is much more advanced.
Have to look for a cheap android phone just for blevo it seems :rolleyes:

That sucks.☹️
I just dont want to carry 2 phones with me. To charge ”BLevo phone” everyday.
Complicated.
I wish IOS version could have all the same functions than android.

Good app anyway though.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
The Smart Power is available also in ios version... cm on different level (no firmware x.23) is not present in ios.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
For Smart Power try to use preset "BLEvo Smart"
10/80/100 pp 100/100/100
Enter in Smart Power settings and set the range as follow (as Stefano, or "not expert")

Eco 6-79
Trail 11-99
Turbo 100

For legs power start with 160 watt and increase it if the assistance is too high.. otherwise decrease it..
Why you "want" more than 170 watt?

Rizzo_75!

Aug 21, 2018
Germany
I don`t want more than 170 watt, but i did not test the smart power. My thought was, the C161 has not enough power. So i thought, that for X.9 and the old motor you´ll need mor watt!? ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles