Status
Not open for further replies.

TomP

May 4, 2018
Belgium
I'm a happy Blevo user on iPhone. My bike needs to go to the shop for maintenance. Right now I'm still on firmware 10.22.3. One of the best features for me personally is the ability to remove the speed limit. 25kph is too slow for me so I've changed it to 35kph... I know that Blevo is working with the new firmware 10.23.x, but has somebody tested the speed limiter ? I don't want a restricted bike again after an update...

Thanks !

TomP

May 4, 2018
Belgium
Don't worry, it works also on x.23.. please remember about the warranty..

I know Pablo, but It's just so much more fun and I don't exaggerate. Mostly I'm riding in the woods or on gravel. Then I don't ride 35kph. It's only when riding on paved roads... Otherwise my "analogue" biker friends are faster than me ;-)

Keep up the good work !

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
Don't worry, it works also on x.23.. please remember about the warranty..
@PaoloBLEvo when the speed limit is changed does the motor odometer keeps recording the right distance (Bike total KMs) or messes up a little bit?
I understand the work around is setting to the bike that the wheel circumference is smaller but will the total KMs be affected by it?

Thanks as always Paolo

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo when the speed limit is changed does the motor odometer keeps recording the right distance (Bike total KMs) or messes up a little bit?
I understand the work around is setting to the bike that the wheel circumference is smaller but will the total KMs be affected by it?

Thanks as always Paolo
The odometers will be wrong.. but in BLEvo (for Android) you can check the real odometers if you set your correct wheel size..

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Update on use of BLEvo. I purchased this HRM for less than $25US. Not promoting it but it was the closest to the one I found on the BLEvo site as tested or recommended:

https://www.amazon.com/CooSpo-Wirel...TF8&qid=1534007248&sr=8-1&keywords=B00UADFP16

I'm running an old LG G5, that is not enabled for cell service, for the display with a Otterbox Commuter case and a Quadlock Universal mount. The LG lasts about 3.5 hours with BLEvo running and the screen on and full brightness. Great solution for me as the LG G5 has a bad camera and isn't worth trading in not worth much, maybe $35US on a good day, LOL. Not a bad phone but this one is kind of beat and old, served its days as a phone. Old android phones are a real bargain for this use. Even the accessories like the case are cheap on the old phones. I think I paid $8US for the first rate Otterbox case on Amazon.

I set up the HRM and it works great with the BLEvo application. I have it set for smart power watts and heart rate combined on the Trail mode. Trail runs from 15 to 49 with a CM of 20 my specific power and heart rate are not important but I can see the human metrics changing and causing the motor assist watts and assistance level changing all the time. It is nearly seamless and I think other than needing to conserve power (go to eco) or hitting something step and nasty and not wanting anything but max (go to turbo) I'll be riding in trail with smart legs and heart from now on 95% of the time. It's that good for me.

I am having one issue and wondering if anyone solved it yet. I usually ride with a Garmin eTrex-35T for maps and navigation data. It is connecting to the ANT+ features just fine for speed and heart and cadence so good. I am not seeing speed and cadence change on the BLEvo android screen. My question is does the Turbo Levo Computer send both ANT+ and Bluetooth cadence and speed at the same time. I know the HRM above does this but am starting to wonder about the Turbo Levo being able to do this.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Update on use of BLEvo. I purchased this HRM for less than $25US. Not promoting it but it was the closest to the one I found on the BLEvo site as tested or recommended:

https://www.amazon.com/CooSpo-Wirel...TF8&qid=1534007248&sr=8-1&keywords=B00UADFP16

I'm running an old LG G5, that is not enabled for cell service, for the display with a Defender Commuter case and a Quadlock Universal mount. The LG lasts about 3.5 hours with BLEvo running and the screen on and full brightness. Great solution for me as the LG G5 has a bad camera and isn't worth trading in not worth much, maybe $35US on a good day, LOL. Not a bad phone but this one is kind of beat and old, served its days as a phone.

I set up the HRM and it works great with the BLEvo application. I have it set for smart power watts and heart rate combined on the Trail mode. Trail runs from 15 to 49 with a CM of 20 my specific power and heart rate are not important but I can see the human metrics changing and causing the motor assist watts and assistance level changing all the time. It is nearly seamless and I think other than needing to conserve power (go to eco) or hitting something step and nasty and not wanting anything but max (go to turbo) I'll be riding in trail with smart legs and heart from now on 95% of the time. It's that good for me.

I am having one issue and wondering if anyone solved it yet. I usually ride with a Garmin eTrex-35T for maps and navigation data. It is connecting to the ANT+ features just fine for speed and heart and cadence so good. I am not seeing speed and cadence change on the BLEvo android screen. My question is does the Turbo Levo Computer send both ANT+ and Bluetooth cadence and speed at the same time. I know the HRM above does this but am starting to wonder about the Turbo Levo being able to do this.
Are you using the new display with graphics for speed and cadence? If yes, I saw some issue about it.. I'm checking..

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
I used the new display and switched back now to the 2x5 display. I like your display but for my old eyes I need the larger characters, so switched back. Application is working and looking great!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I released the new version of BLEvo for iOS.. Version 2.6.4..
These are the news:

- Increased speed of the reactivity of Smart Power when high reactivity is selected
- Optimized Smart Power algorithm. Improved pedabilty by including corrections based on human physiology (thanks to Stefano Duranti)
- Added configuration for use Fahrenheit instead Celsius

Enjoy your ride.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Android testing today got one update to the cadence and speed on start of the ride then it was frozen with the same values for the rest of the ride. Not a problem as I have those fields via ANT+ on the Garmin. Also saw a new thing that is strange. I have Smart power and Smart Heart only on Trail, off for eco and turbo. Today on starting the app it is setting eco as smart heart on and behaving that way, however it is not checked on in the smart setup. Kind of liked the way it worked so may turn it on but the settings aren't making a change when toggling off and on.

Gogogordo

May 10, 2018
San Francisco
Android testing today got one update to the cadence and speed on start of the ride then it was frozen with the same values for the rest of the ride. Not a problem as I have those fields via ANT+ on the Garmin. Also saw a new thing that is strange. I have Smart power and Smart Heart only on Trail, off for eco and turbo. Today on starting the app it is setting eco as smart heart on and behaving that way, however it is not checked on in the smart setup. Kind of liked the way it worked so may turn it on but the settings aren't making a change when toggling off and on.
Yeah I did the update today too For iOS and my app is acting wacky also.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for reporting.. I will check tonight.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for reporting.. I will check tonight.
I tested the new display and it seams ok..
May be the issue is when you modify the display field after start of the app...
Could you try to kill BLEvo, restart the App and then start the tour, without entering in display customization?
Let me know.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Will do. I'll force stop the app and then go straight into the tour. I'm using the old 2x5 display. I liked your new display had all the right data and more data, but some characters were too small to do me any good. My vision isn't that great when I wear contacts and cycling glasses. The big font on the 2x5 black on white background is good for an old guy like me.

gr8

Aug 14, 2018
Switzerland
Hi
I'm riding a Men's Turbo Levo FSR Comp Carbon 6Fattie/29 and I'm new to Blevo, just bought it today for IOS.
I like to change the maximum speed to 40km/h. When i do that in the app it tells me to restart the bike, so i switch the power button on the battery off and on again. But when i check the settings in the app again, the maximum speed is back to 25km/h.
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi
I'm riding a Men's Turbo Levo FSR Comp Carbon 6Fattie/29 and I'm new to Blevo, just bought it today for IOS.
I like to change the maximum speed to 40km/h. When i do that in the app it tells me to restart the bike, so i switch the power button on the battery off and on again. But when i check the settings in the app again, the maximum speed is back to 25km/h.
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.
Is the battery connected to the motor?
Check also if you are able to change the wheel size with mission control.. if not, you need to reflash the firmware of the motor.. it happened to other users..

Reactions: gr8

gr8

Aug 14, 2018
Switzerland
Thank you, i will try and let you know...

EDIT: you where right, the battery was not connected. Now it works fine! Thanks.

Last edited:

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
@PaoloBLEvo
I really like the Smart Power of BLEvo, and it’s adjustability. I just need to work out the best settings for me.
I want the bike to give me 100% when I ask it to. But I also want to save power when not needed and not be wasteful.
I use eco on the flat, trail on small hills and most trails and Turbo when things get steeper.
In Mission Control I would of normally had the following settings for pp and assist.
pp 30/assist 40
70/80
100/100
I am not allowed to work hard on the bike because of a heart condition.
What settings in pp and smart power would you recommend to give the best of both worlds?
I would try some settings myself but I am new to this and have got busy recently, so no time to test much.
Thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo
I really like the Smart Power of BLEvo, and it’s adjustability. I just need to work out the best settings for me.
I want the bike to give me 100% when I ask it to. But I also want to save power when not needed and not be wasteful.
I use eco on the flat, trail on small hills and most trails and Turbo when things get steeper.
In Mission Control I would of normally had the following settings for pp and assist.
pp 30/assist 40
70/80
100/100
I am not allowed to work hard on the bike because of a heart condition.
What settings in pp and smart power would you recommend to give the best of both worlds?
I would try some settings myself but I am new to this and have got busy recently, so no time to test much.
Thanks
For Smart Power the PP should be always 100% because the algorithm is optimized for this..

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
PP is only available from firmware 2.23, is this correct?
I have the previous firmware and set the cm to 9, eco 5/20, trail 20/50

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Paolo, do you see a benefit in updating the firmware?
Do you get a smoother reaction with the latest firmware because the optimized algorithm?
Or maybe more range?
Love the app btw (y):D

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, do you see a benefit in updating the firmware?
Do you get a smoother reaction with the latest firmware because the optimized algorithm?
Or maybe more range?
Love the app btw (y):D
I think the new firmware is better..
The only think is that you lose the behavior with CM=0..

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Thanks, will get the update (y)
I ride with a group that all use different emtb.
The Blevo app is perfect to get a behavior close to the other bikes power and range and still get a decent workout :p

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Are you sure you want to use a iPhone (more or less 600 euro) on handle bar? I think it is better to buy a cheap Android phone for handle bar.. but this is only my opinion..
I use it all the time. I want to use one phone for everything. With Quadlock it is totally safe. :)
I hope the IOS- version would be totally same as Android.
App is great, i like it a lot! Only complain is that it favors Android.
Could someone tell me all about this smart power? Haven’t tried it, is it on IOS-version now?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I use it all the time. I want to use one phone for everything. With Quadlock it is totally safe. :)
I hope the IOS- version would be totally same as Android.
App is great, i like it a lot! Only complain is that it favors Android.
Could someone tell me all about this smart power? Haven’t tried it, is it on IOS-version now?
Hi, Smart Power is also present is ios version.
Try to use preset "BLEvo Smart"
10/80/100 pp 100/100/100
Enter in Smart Power settings and set the range as follow (as Stefano, or "not expert")

Eco 6-79
Trail 11-99
Turbo 100

For legs power start with 160 watt and increase it if the assistance is too high.. otherwise decrease it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles