Status
Not open for further replies.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I now have a Levo that goes 28mph without The BLEvo app or any other ”cheat” device.

I just put the motor from a Turbo Vado 3.0 in it and problem solved?

I don’t have to worry about voiding the warranty either

I still like BLEvo more than mission control

I hope you didn't swap the motor just to get the improved speed . . . BLEvo is just a software slider for derestriction, to me a much easier option than a full motor replacement ;)

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I hope you didn't swap the motor just to get the improved speed . . . BLEvo is just a software slider for derestriction, to me a much easier option than a full motor replacement ;)
I have a shop full of Specialized Ebikes and I never ride my Vado, so it’s spare parts now.
I guess for me, it’s actually easier to swap out a motor?

Last edited:

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
I have a shop full of Specialized Ebikes and I never ride my Vado, so it’s spare parts now.

You have a shop full of bikes? Ah, you never mentioned that .....:LOL:
Just messin.... ;)

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

Please start a thread on the motor swap, sounds really interesting! Any disadvantages?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Please start a thread on the motor swap, sounds really interesting! Any disadvantages?
Yes the biggest disadvantages are having to aquire a Vado 6.0 and turn it into spare parts
The next issue is that it only worked on my older Levo and not my 2018 swerx

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Why cant you fit the vado motor in the 2018 levo ? Far as i know all mountings are the same, no?

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I just loaded BLevo from AppStore. I cant find any display customization menu at all? There is only one display mode? Phone is iPhone 8.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Something else i dont understand: upload straight to Strava looks like this:
IMG_0965.jpg

Where’s route? And this does not apply kilometers to my gear at all.
That’s pretty poor.

And gps is poor; on and off all the time.

Is it really so that Blevo does not collect and show data all your rides? Only last ride? Total kilometres of your bike would be nice.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Yes you can run both BLEvo and Strava.. but why you need to run Strava? You can upload to Strava directly via BLEvo or with tcx file generated by BLEvo.. the information saved with BLEvo include also cadence and biker power...

With iPhone 8 this doesn’t work. Upload directly to Strava gives only ****load of data/text in Strava. No route at all. No segments, no kilometres added your gear etc. Strange.

7ABDD4CF-86E4-447E-AA47-35AF6DA457CE.jpeg

Last edited:

LeonLevo

Jul 31, 2018
Belgium
Newbie here and riding a 2018 Levo FSR for 2 weeks now. I love the combination with BLevo and using my heart rate to determine the amount of support from the motor. Just a question (for the iPhone users?): I read somewhere in this tread that you can put your phone in your pocket or backpack, but when I lock it (screen off) it also stops calculating distance and other statistics. It starts counting again when I unlock the phone. So at the end I only have the statistics for a partial ride. Any advice on this or is it a matter of 'works as designed'?

Thanks everybody for the very useful tips and information on this forum!

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Newbie here and riding a 2018 Levo FSR for 2 weeks now. I love the combination with BLevo and using my heart rate to determine the amount of support from the motor. Just a question (for the iPhone users?): I read somewhere in this tread that you can put your phone in your pocket or backpack, but when I lock it (screen off) it also stops calculating distance and other statistics. It starts counting again when I unlock the phone. So at the end I only have the statistics for a partial ride. Any advice on this or is it a matter of 'works as designed'?

The man to ask would be @PaoloBLEvo

Draco

Jul 31, 2018
Vancouver BC

I was just going to ask the same question, I hope there is a solution as I don't want to leave the phone running. My gramin works when the phone is locked, I assumed this did as well.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
I'll second that request. I wish the lights weren't even there. When you want to go stealth you want not much electronics. That said I'm really enjoying having an old "burner" android on the handle bars. Which brings me to a request/idea for Blevo.

Paolo,
Fantastic application development in Blevo. Makes the bike so much better to me. I'm learning how the power comes on with legs and enjoying having the human and motor power in Watts on the display. Would it be possible to slow down the update frequency or make the update frequency adjustable. The numbers bounce very fast to see when riding. Perhaps giving an average of the last 3 seconds as an option? Second request is if we select Feet and Miles could we have temperatures in F instead of C along with our backward non metric ways. We use metric in the US but it is not as easy to grasp the C temps while riding as F as our weather etc. is in F.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

In order to keep BLEvo running you need to setup the gps position set to always.. you need to go in the setup of your iPhone..
Let me knpw

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'll second that request. I wish the lights weren't even there. When you want to go stealth you want not much electronics. That said I'm really enjoying having an old "burner" android on the handle bars. Which brings me to a request/idea for Blevo.

Paolo,
Fantastic application development in Blevo. Makes the bike so much better to me. I'm learning how the power comes on with legs and enjoying having the human and motor power in Watts on the display. Would it be possible to slow down the update frequency or make the update frequency adjustable. The numbers bounce very fast to see when riding. Perhaps giving an average of the last 3 seconds as an option? Second request is if we select Feet and Miles could we have temperatures in F instead of C along with our backward non metric ways. We use metric in the US but it is not as easy to grasp the C temps while riding as F as our weather etc. is in F.
Ok, I will add the F temps..
For the biker power I'm thinking what is thr best solution... what you see is an average of 2 seconds.. you don't want an average, but a value that change slowly..

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Sorry but i cannot control the LEDs of the battery via software.. A black tape is a good solution as already mentioned..
The park rangers are getting smarter. But if the LEDs are visibly off then I don’t know how much recourse they would have.
Been using black tape for a couple years, was just curious if it was possible because the mission control app can shut of the battery beeping.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
How often is the field display for power updated?
Ok, I will add the F temps..
For the biker power I'm thinking what is thr best solution... what you see is an average of 2 seconds.. you don't want an average, but a value that change slowly..
Is the field refreshed every 2 seconds or one second? I will ride again Tomorrow and pay more attention. It is good, just seemed to jump rapidly, perhaps that is the nature of the motor power to change dramatically and rapidly.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
How often is the field display for power updated?

Is the field refreshed every 2 seconds or one second? I will ride again Tomorrow and pay more attention. It is good, just seemed to jump rapidly, perhaps that is the nature of the motor power to change dramatically and rapidly.
The value is changed every 300 milliseconds.. the value in the monitor is an average of 2 seconds.. but the value continues to change.. When you push on the pedal, if I will add a delay of 2 seconds, you will see the high biker power after 2 seconds.. I don't know if it is a good idea..

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
The value is changed every 300 milliseconds.. the value in the monitor is an average of 2 seconds.. but the value continues to change.. When you push on the pedal, if I will add a delay of 2 seconds, you will see the high biker power after 2 seconds.. I don't know if it is a good idea..
I think it might be easier to read if the field didn't change so frequently. Perhaps change the power display field ever 1 second showing the prior 2 second average. That is just my idea for less jitter on the Watt number display.

Great application! You have built something fantastic in Blevo!

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Just installed app and I get a cadence sensor short circuit error on Mission control. Do these apps not play well together?
Have you just had firmare updated to 23?
I had that error immediately after my update but not seen it since. Its possible there is a bug in motor firmware 5.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles