Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Mornings Paolo

I attach my files and maybe you can find out if and why the GPS data drops out.

In settings I have checked: BLEvo/Location/Always.

Thanks for your effort and the new display, I like it but it seems I don't get speed info on the display.

Thanks
Thomas
Sorry but there is a bug when the heart belt is connected..
If you want to use BLEvo you need to "remove" the heart belt.
The new version with the bug solved will be ready soon on Apple Store.
Sorry for the bug.

Aug 3, 2018
St agnes cornwall
Hello.

Bit of a newbie question. Just found out about blevo on another thread here. At the moment I have my wheel circumference changed so the motor does not cut out but read that blevo will remove speed limiter. I would rather have my wheel size correct. Does it need to be connected to my phone for the limiter to be removed all the time or is it a one time thing. I don't usually ride with my phone as I would rather not be contactable by work etc when I am out riding. I have a garmin for battery levels etc.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
@PaoloBLEvo - I hoping it's of help but as below, the screen is not formatted correctly on iPhone X - not sure if it's related/relevant but I'm running iOS 12 Beta 10

Also, a nice to have would be Ascent in Feet (on the display) when using Miles (noting the data output is in Feet - which is good)
View attachment 4424

Make sure your phone settings are not on zoom text or magnify.

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
iOS Version 2.7.2 of BLEvo hit the App store about 7 hours ago. I just updated and will take a look. Looks like Paolo is working hard towards making the Apple Watch work as the heart rate sensor. App notes mention that the feature is "functionality under test", but will have to see and try it out. Thanks again Paolo!

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
Had a nice ride for 55 mins on a hilly trail on iOS ver 2.7.2 of BLEvo. Tried to scan for heart rate monitor (HRM) using Apple watch 3 and Health app active. Let it scan for a while, but did not pick it up. Probably a work in progress as Paolo said. Did not notice any GPS cutout, but using the bike sensor for measurement. Also saw, on my iPhone X, that the bottom of the screen was cut off by about 1/8 inch where Legs Power is indicated.. Looked like @Stumpy pic on page 11 of this thread. More testing tomorrow, planning on increasing Legs power from 160 to 180-200 and playing with some other settings. Currently running Smart Power, Legs at 160, PP 100, Eco 4-34, Trail 35-64, Turbo 65-100. I think I have the reactivity set at High. Will push it down to Mid or Mid-High. Trying to get the power to back off quicker when my Legs power goes below the training setting. Riding a Levo Carbon S Works. @PaoloBLEvo

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I know that on iPhone X the screen is cutted at bottom side..
For Apple Watch, I'm working on that, but it hard to have the real time value of the heart rate on the iPhone for battery issue.
Sorry but I don't know the Apple world.. Do you know if there is an iOS App where it is possible to read the Heart Rate from Apple Watch in real time?

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
I know that on iPhone X the screen is cutted at bottom side..
For Apple Watch, I'm working on that, but it hard to have the real time value of the heart rate on the iPhone for battery issue.
Sorry but I don't know the Apple world.. Do you know if there is an iOS App where it is possible to read the Heart Rate from Apple Watch in real time?
Hey Paola, I did a quick search using the DudkDuckGo app (search app that does not track searches) but Google search will work. Found an article that lists four, think most use the Health app on the phone: 4 Heart Rate Monitor Apps For Your Apple Watch - The Mac Observer

Searched : “heart rate apps Apple Watch”, also found Heartwatch for iOS, Cardiogram for Apple Watch, and FITIV Pulse Heart Rate Monitor. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
In Strava i cant see heart rate in real time on the iPhone. Only after the ride. I think.. Not looked settings very deeply.
And i have to start app in the watch.
Fitiv shows heart rate in real time on iPhone though.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
While on the subject of heart rate. I have found a device that will take ant+ signal and convert it to BLE Bluetooth.
NPE CABLE is the device.

I use my Garmin Vivoactive 3 with wrist heart rate to record my rides. However it only broadcast Ant+ so the phone does not pick up the signal and therefore I can’t use heart rate in BLEvo.
Your thoughts if this would work @PaoloBLEvo
Going to have to get one to try it out maybe.

A3FCD45A-4BA2-4ECB-B382-20CD7F9765B3.jpeg

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
First test of Android this morning. Works very well. Haven't yet familiarized settings very deeply but i felt that bike was behaving much better way than with IOS-app.:rolleyes:
Better reactivity tough.
And Sony has IP68. And it works with your gloves on!
IMG_1652.jpeg

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
While on the subject of heart rate. I have found a device that will take ant+ signal and convert it to BLE Bluetooth.
NPE CABLE is the device.

I use my Garmin Vivoactive 3 with wrist heart rate to record my rides. However it only broadcast Ant+ so the phone does not pick up the signal and therefore I can’t use heart rate in BLEvo.
Your thoughts if this would work @PaoloBLEvo
Going to have to get one to try it out maybe.

View attachment 4540
Sorry, but for this price you can use a belt heart monitor with Ant+ AND Bluetooth... It costs more or less 35$...

nictom

Jul 4, 2018
Sweden
Chest straps belongs in museums, imo.

Hi, I would love to agree with you, but...

I have been looking deeper into the difference in performance, precision and reliability in heart monitors and my conclusion is that no wrist mounted monitor safely or reliable can give information to an emtb motor. The data from the monitor is not good enough and you get data “now and then”.

So I got one Polar chest band instead and I am not bothered with it and barely notice it.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I only use android but will just make the phone sit better on my bars

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi @PaoloBLEvo, completed a ride and trying to upload to strava, it’s just trying to upload the statistical text data (similar to what you could email yourself. I’m using iPhone X.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi @PaoloBLEvo
Are you able to capture and show the following in your App?
Maximum battery temperature
Average battery temperature
Maximum motor temperature
Average motor temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles