The Official BLEvo Thread

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Ride
Levo Expert
I don't care what they do. I just want the BLevo deristricting feature continue working even with the inevitable firmware updates :devilish:

BLevo is worth it even for just that alone.

hjscm

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2018
Bay area ca
I having been using iOS 12 since beta1. Blevo has been working fine on iphonex and iOS 12

PaoloBLEvo

Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ride
Specialized
After 5 days "fighting" with Apple to publish the new release, here finally the long-awaited requests from many users: customization of the display and reading of the heart rate from the Apple Watch.
I thank Marco Fieri and Olivier Seb for the tests.

Here are the news of the release:

- Added display customization
- Added heart rate with Apple Watch
- Added time of day and phone battery in the Bike Monitor
- Added data in feet and miles in the new bike monitor
- Added min and max and average temperature of the motor and the battery
- Bike Monitor translated into Italian
- Bugfix on the "BLEvo Smart" preset
- Fixed problem of automatic reconnection
- Correction of errors

I have also created the dedicated manual for the iOS version (for now only in italian.. sorry).
Istruzioni di funzionamento BLEvo iOS.pdf

Download the update from the Store:
‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Ride
Turbo Levo
After 5 days "fighting" with Apple to publish the new release, here finally the long-awaited requests from many users: customization of the display and reading of the heart rate from the Apple Watch.
I thank Marco Fieri and Olivier Seb for the tests.

Here are the news of the release:

- Added display customization
- Added time of day and phone battery in the Bike Monitor
- Added data in feet and miles in the new bike monitor
- Added min and max and average temperature of the motor and the battery
- Bike Monitor translated into Italian
- Bugfix on the "BLEvo Smart" preset
- Fixed problem of automatic reconnection
- Correction of errors

I have also created the dedicated manual for the iOS version (for now only in italian.. sorry).
Istruzioni di funzionamento BLEvo iOS.pdf

Download the update from the Store:
‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo
Great stuff - will test tonight, thanks Paolo!

LeonLevo

Jul 31, 2018
Belgium
Ride
Levo FSR
Thank you for the great work Paolo! BLEvo is one of the main reasons why I bought my Levo.

Rob Hancill

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ride
Levo Expert
This is the instruction manual for iOS version in english...
Sorry for my english... it is very bad...

Instruction manual BLEvo iOS.pdf
This is brilliant. Thanks Paolo. No need to apologise for your English, it makes sense.

Let us know if you need any community help with any of the work, I’m sure we could help refine it 😊

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have actually spoken to someone today who has seen built and ridden a 2019 levo and he mentioned some new software or software modes coming from spesh but didnt think it would be yet, i have heard from another source sometning call flex mode

Rob Hancill

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ride
Levo Expert
I have actually spoken to someone today who has seen built and ridden a 2019 levo and he mentioned some new software or software modes coming from spesh but didnt think it would be yet, i have heard from another source sometning call flex mode
That’s a feature of the Brose Mag S

Instant Power Output
The new "Flex Power Mode", exclusively available with the Drive S Mag, is a combination of two software features - Cadence Power Control (CPC) enabling up to 30 percent more support at higher cadences and Progressive Pedal Response (PPR) providing a fast drive response when pressure is applied to the pedals. For a confident handling even in the most advanced trails.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Interesting so do you think we would be able to program motor behaviour?

Any possibility to get the FitBit devices to work? My FitBit Blaze has a “classic Bluetooth” setting, which the BLEvo app is able to discover, but then no luck after that.

PaoloBLEvo

Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ride
Specialized
Any possibility to get the FitBit devices to work? My FitBit Blaze has a “classic Bluetooth” setting, which the BLEvo app is able to discover, but then no luck after that.
This FitBit Blaze has the Bluetooth to communicate with the phone.. but the Heart Rate is not sent via Bluetooth with the standard protocol for Heart Rate..
I should found a different way to read the heart rate from these watches...

Sep 13, 2018
Norway
Ride
Turbo Levo
Hi, im new to this forum and EMTB, riding a Turbo Levo, with Blevo, (never tryed Mission Control), but i struggle to understand some of the settings in Blevo
Its the MC, and CM settings i cannot get a hold of ?

I tryed to change MC from 0 to 100, not sure i feel the difference ? how is battery, motor Power and so on affected of this settings ??

And then its the different MC setting for each mode, what does this do to performance, battery drain etc ? Dont understand the relationship betveen Eco in 10% whith MC in 30% ?? And if Eco is 10% With MC in 70% what is the gain or downside of the different settings?

I have read the manual several times, on page 3 it says: CM = 20, Assistance proportional to trust, turbo max 49, equivalent to up to 98%of total power15/30/49 is equivalent to 2/4/6 legs in addition to ours..... sorry, i dont get it !
Would like to know and play around with the settings. Can someone please try to explain it to me? sorry for my bad english

Jun 16, 2018
Canada
Ride
Specialized
Hi, im new to this forum and EMTB, riding a Turbo Levo, with Blevo, (never tryed Mission Control), but i struggle to understand some of the settings in Blevo
Its the MC, and CM settings i cannot get a hold of ?

I tryed to change MC from 0 to 100, not sure i feel the difference ? how is battery, motor Power and so on affected of this settings ??

And then its the different MC setting for each mode, what does this do to performance, battery drain etc ? Dont understand the relationship betveen Eco in 10% whith MC in 30% ?? And if Eco is 10% With MC in 70% what is the gain or downside of the different settings?

I have read the manual several times, on page 3 it says: CM = 20, Assistance proportional to trust, turbo max 49, equivalent to up to 98%of total power15/30/49 is equivalent to 2/4/6 legs in addition to ours..... sorry, i dont get it !
Would like to know and play around with the settings. Can someone please try to explain it to me? sorry for my bad english
Yep, me too! I thought I was just too stupid to figure it out. Its good to see that I'm not the only one confused.

Jul 31, 2018
Vancouver BC
Ride
Turbo Levo
Hello, ever since I upgraded the app the nice little speedometer doesn't work. All the other data fields around it does though. Any ideas?

Aug 1, 2018
SoCal
Ride
2018 Kenevo
In summary what's the difference between this and mission control? Yes I know their are 13 other pages on this thread but I'm really not trying to dig through all this for a short summary on it. Cheers.

Sep 11, 2018
Bucks
Ride
Levo Comp
Hi I have read pretty much all messages but cant see if Blevo will adjust setting on the fly or do you have to stop switch off and restart battery for new settings to take effect. Haven't got Blevo yet just ordered a cheap BV6000s android first. Also lots of talk on HR and Iphone watch how about Garmin vivioactive3

brilleaux

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
www.instagram.com
Ride
TurboLevoHT
In summary what's the difference between this and mission control? Yes I know their are 13 other pages on this thread but I'm really not trying to dig through all this for a short summary on it. Cheers.
There's lots and lots of differences, but one big one is that with Mission Control you don't have to connect your phone with bike at all when you go for a ride. Mission Control settings are "in the bike".

But all the rest is better with BLevo. :)

I have now tested both and with Blevo you can modify the bike just the way you want. Mission Control is easier but at the same time there's not very much to modify.
Bike is closer to a "ordinary bike", if that's a correct way to say it.

Maybe Mission Control is better if you just want to "push to button and ride".
With BLevo bike is a missile, if you want so. :cool:
If You want, you can adjust your bike very close to that "ordinary bike" also.
And everything between those two.

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
Ride
Haibike
Does BLEvo also work with the heart rate from other smart watches like the new Samsung Galaxy Watch? Would be great as I´m replacing my TomTom Adventurer with a new watch by the end of the year.

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Ride
Levo Expert
Maybe Mission Control is better if you just want to "push to button and ride".
With BLevo bike is a missile, if you want so. :cool:
If You want, you can adjust your bike very close to that "ordinary bike" also.
And everything between those two.
Which setting is the missile setting (other than de-restricting it)? A few dummy-proof settings would help some us a great deal. And some better community user manual translation into English too.

Aug 5, 2018
Hawaii
Ride
2018 Levo
Don't have smart phone. Will Blevo app work with iPad Air? All I really need it for is to get rid of the delimiter. Tired of fighting the motor while commuting at around 20 mph.

brilleaux

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
www.instagram.com
Ride
TurboLevoHT
Which setting is the missile setting (other than de-restricting it)? A few dummy-proof settings would help some us a great deal. And some better community user manual translation into English too.
I think there’s better persons in this forum than me for giving advices regarding settings.
And my english isn’t so good. :)
With BLevo you can make your Levo’s motor reacting more faster.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I think it depends on what firmware is installed on your bike, if you are still on 22 blevo can work wonders over mission control. If you are on 23 then some of the control is lost but still blevo can do everything mission control can and more like the smart mode for instance neither apps can make the motor more powerfull than the design intended and blevo does not need to be connected to the bike all the time to set parameters just like mission control

Tunny

May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Ride
Specialized
I downloaded the BLEvo app last night, switched my levo on, scanned for bike and nothing was found. Can anyone explain what i need to do? Or why it can't see my bike?
screenshot_20180915-093322_blevo-jpg.5123

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Make sure bluetooth is on and make sure mission control is not running in the background mine does take little while to log on sometimes

Tunny

May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Ride
Specialized
Make sure bluetooth is on and make sure mission control is not running in the background mine does take little while to log on sometimes
Bluetooth is always on anyway but will try the Mission Control thingy and check it isn't interfering and update later 👍🏻

Cheers mate.

Tunny

May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Ride
Specialized
Still no joy with BLEvo recognising my bike (it just doesn't appear anywhere after a scan). My phone see's my bike when i scan through bluetooth devices and connects to it. Mission Control and all other apps were closed when trying this. Mission Control connects to my bike without any problems everytime i turn my bike on.

I haven't got a clue what to do with it!

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
Ride
Haibike
Maybe you restart your phone, turn on bluetooth but do not scan for devices, start BLEvo and do the Bike Scan. Not sure if that works but I had also issues to connect when there was a bluetooth scan beforehand. Just try it.

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending