Status
Not open for further replies.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
I found that you must "force stop" Mission Control or uninstall it for Blevo to work correctly. It seems that Mission Control aggressively connects to the Levo even if only running in background.

Panigale

Sep 13, 2018
Norway
Yep, me too! I thought I was just too stupid to figure it out. Its good to see that I'm not the only one confused.

Cant be we are the only BLEvo users in here not getting the hold of this, since no one bothers to explain ???
Its the CM parameters explained in the manual that confuses me , first you have the 0-100% setting, which is not a linear seting, or is it ?
Then you can divide up each mode, Eco, trail and Turbo, how does that Connect to the first setting 0-100 ?
Manual try to explain =20, then between 10-19, and 0-9, wich i dont get at all, and then this sentens makes it even mor confusing:
Please note: any setting equal to or greater than 50, with a maximum of 19 cm "up to" 100% of the available power, but only under thrust. What ???

I tryed playing with it in ECO, set between 0-9 its like turbo ?, at 50 its wery little trust, and 100 it runs lik hell again, i just dont get the Logic here ?? and how does the first 0-100 setting interact whit the 3 mode settings ?? In smart Power the 1-100 was set to 39 by itself, but i cant remember all settings because i just got more confused the more i tryed the settings.
Other than that BLEvo works like a Sharm if i dont mess With the parameters. But thats the hole point isnt it, that you should fine tune it to suit Your own riding stile, at least i wish, Please someone, give it a go, try to explain the " 2 " of us in here not getting it :)

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
Cant be we are the only BLEvo users in here not getting the hold of this, since no one bothers to explain ???
Its the CM parameters explained in the manual that confuses me , first you have the 0-100% setting, which is not a linear seting, or is it ?
Then you can divide up each mode, Eco, trail and Turbo, how does that Connect to the first setting 0-100 ?
Manual try to explain =20, then between 10-19, and 0-9, wich i dont get at all, and then this sentens makes it even mor confusing:
Please note: any setting equal to or greater than 50, with a maximum of 19 cm "up to" 100% of the available power, but only under thrust. What ???

I tryed playing with it in ECO, set between 0-9 its like turbo ?, at 50 its wery little trust, and 100 it runs lik hell again, i just dont get the Logic here ?? and how does the first 0-100 setting interact whit the 3 mode settings ?? In smart Power the 1-100 was set to 39 by itself, but i cant remember all settings because i just got more confused the more i tryed the settings.
Other than that BLEvo works like a Sharm if i dont mess With the parameters. But thats the hole point isnt it, that you should fine tune it to suit Your own riding stile, at least i wish, Please someone, give it a go, try to explain the " 2 " of us in here not getting it :)
Too confusing for my challenged brain to grasp. I used it to derestrict and then used the default mission control settings. The advanced features are not well explained IMHO.

grieko

Sep 15, 2018
9468AP annen Netherlands
In order to have a down decresing smoothly you can select "Auto very soft".
For Boost functionality, it is automatically implemented when you select step up Auto.
I think you need to increase the max value of eco.. put 34%..
You can combine Smart Power and Smart HR.. but you need a heart monitor.. then there will be the option for smart HR..
Ik like Blevo very much. To use smart power and smart HR at bthe same time or just to use one by one, what makes the difference. Sory I try to understand it.. My mother language is not English, sorry for that.

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
@PaoloBLEvo
Paolo, I tried the heart rate monitor with my apple watch 3, iPhone X, running your latest update of BLevo and enabling the HRT on the Config page of the app and authorizied in the Apple Heart Kit app. I got mixed results. I usually run anApple exercise pgm on my watch while I ride. For several minutes the heartrate on the BLevo seemed stuck at 69 beats/sec on the BLevo screen, while my watch was reporting 100, then I saw the BLevo screen jump to 120 but by that time my heartrate was 131 on my watch. Seemed to be trying but not catching up with changes of my heartrate. Any comments would be appreciated. Thx, Jay

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo
Paolo, I tried the heart rate monitor with my apple watch 3, iPhone X, running your latest update of BLevo and enabling the HRT on the Config page of the app and authorizied in the Apple Heart Kit app. I got mixed results. I usually run anApple exercise pgm on my watch while I ride. For several minutes the heartrate on the BLevo seemed stuck at 69 beats/sec on the BLevo screen, while my watch was reporting 100, then I saw the BLevo screen jump to 120 but by that time my heartrate was 131 on my watch. Seemed to be trying but not catching up with changes of my heartrate. Any comments would be appreciated. Thx, Jay
I saw that the heart rate is not updated so fast in the phone..
May be for power consumption of the watch..
Do you have an App on the phone that shows the heart rate in real time?

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
GPS still spotty and speed doesn’t show when it does in mission control. Was this fixed in the new release because I see no change from before? Am running the new blevo app too.

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
I saw that the heart rate is not updated so fast in the phone..
May be for power consumption of the watch..
Do you have an App on the phone that shows the heart rate in real time?

I’m running the native “Workout” app on the iWatch that shows real-time heartrate on the watch face, but no App on the phone that shows real-time heart rate. May be slighted limited by power or sleep cycles of the watch. Seemed to get better as I rode for a few minutes. Will ride some more and see how it displays.

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
GPS still spotty and speed doesn’t show when it does in mission control. Was this fixed in the new release because I see no change from before? Am running the new blevo app too.

On the Configuration page, you may want to uncheck the “Use GPS distance instead of bike sensor”. Assuming your wheel size is set correctly, it will be more acccurate and does not rely on the GPS. Is most of your riding under heavy foliage?

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
On the Configuration page, you may want to uncheck the “Use GPS distance instead of bike sensor”. Assuming your wheel size is set correctly, it will be more acccurate and does not rely on the GPS. Is most of your riding under heavy foliage?
No I only care about speed on paved flat open transport sections. I do not wish to fall at speed so when trail is off road I slow down to a safe crawl as do I in Ibarra jungle packed with pedestrians and equally distracted drivers.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I just released version 3.0.0 of BLEvo for Android.
In this version the compatibility with the Levo 2019 has been implemented. It is still in the testing phase so something may not work properly. All feedbacks are welcome. Thank you.

Here are the news:
- Added partial compatibility with Levo 2019 (thanks to Gatano and Marco Beda for the tests):
- New PP management (now in 1% steps)
- Shuttle management added
- Stealth mode management is missing
- Acceleration management is missing
- Added option to turn on the display on changing the level of assistance (thanks Bruno)

Download the update from Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dopa.android.blevo&hl=it

Gatano

Sep 8, 2018
Italy
In this version the compatibility with the Levo 2019 has been implemented. It is still in the testing phase so something may not work properly. All feedbacks are welcome. Thank you.

Here are the news:
- Added partial compatibility with Levo 2019 (thanks to Gatano and Marco Beda for the tests):
- Added option to turn on the display on changing the level of assistance (thanks Bruno)

:cool:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales

Here are the news:

Wow! That was super quick to get the new version out Paolo ?????

Thank you!

I just need a 2019 to test it for you ?

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
@PaoloBLEvo A follow-up to the HRM using the Apple iWatch. After riding for several more hours, I've found that any issue I am having with BLEvo showing my Heart Rate is due to the Apple watch and not the BLEvo app. I've found that when I don't have my watch tight on my wrist , or if I have to much perspiration, the HR on the watch face will grey out and not indicate. If the watch is not indicating, it is not passing it on to BLEvo. After paying more attention to securing my watch, I found that the HR indication on the BLEvo app in iOS is much more consistent.

I must have missed an iOS update, now I have a male voice on the App instead of the female voice we've had since i first downloaded. I actually prefer the female voice, it seems louder and clearer, just my opinion. Thanks again for all your work on this App. My wife and I use it exclusively with our Levos.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo A follow-up to the HRM using the Apple iWatch. After riding for several more hours, I've found that any issue I am having with BLEvo showing my Heart Rate is due to the Apple watch and not the BLEvo app. I've found that when I don't have my watch tight on my wrist , or if I have to much perspiration, the HR on the watch face will grey out and not indicate. If the watch is not indicating, it is not passing it on to BLEvo. After paying more attention to securing my watch, I found that the HR indication on the BLEvo app in iOS is much more consistent.

I must have missed an iOS update, now I have a male voice on the App instead of the female voice we've had since i first downloaded. I actually prefer the female voice, it seems louder and clearer, just my opinion. Thanks again for all your work on this App. My wife and I use it exclusively with our Levos.
Thanks for your feedback.. But I don't understand if the "voice problem" is referred to the App or to iOS? I will check if there is the possibility to choice the sex of the voice.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California

Here are the news:

Now everyone in Europe can rejoice

Gatano

Sep 8, 2018
Italy
Now everyone in Europe can rejoice

I think also Specialized Head Quarters will rejoice, as I know a long list of many peolple that kept they orders on hold waiting for the release of an app that can solve some of their needs that Specialized for many reasons can't fulfill, I ordered my new Expert 2019 only after I could test that at some point Blevo will have tha same (and more) features that we have on 2018 models.

I exclusive use my Turbo Levo 2018 with the smart heart rate monitor active (Blevo main advantage over Mission Control), others will be happy just for the ability to tune the speed limit.

P.S.
To the bikers that already have a 2019 model send some feedback to PaoloBLEvo, that's what a community like us should do.

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
Thanks for your feedback.. But I don't understand if the "voice problem" is referred to the App or to iOS? I will check if there is the possibility to choice the sex of the voice.
When we first started using the app until about a week ago, the BELevo app spoke in a female voice on iOS 11.x. Now, it is a man's robotic voice. I do not believe that there has been an iOS update to the app in the last week or so. We did upgrade to iOS 12 a few days ago, this may have had something to do with it. Thanks again!!

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Hi. The questions is about BLEvo for ios.

Is there a possibility to see how many calories I burned during a ride (on monitor) and at the end of the ride (I dont use heart monitor). If yes are data from am engine power monitor?

Is it possible to change speed limit using BLEvo and than use Mission Control to monitor how many caliries I burned.

Sorry for my English

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi. The questions is about BLEvo for ios.

Is there a possibility to see how many calories I burned during a ride (on monitor) and at the end of the ride (I dont use heart monitor). If yes are data from am engine power monitor?

Is it possible to change speed limit using BLEvo and than use Mission Control to monitor how many caliries I burned.

Sorry for my English
I will try to add the calories burned in the next release..

Bimba

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Birmingham
I’m thinking of ditching the Mission Control app completely and moving to BLevo I have not used it before, I know it voids my warranty but the MC is so poor now, so is BLevo easy to use and what are the pro’s and con’s of it? Any help is greatly appreciated ! Do I still need MC at all?

hjscm

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2018
Bay area ca
I too am having some problems with the apple watch and HR with Blevo. It does seem like it is behind but that seems to be the phone problem. What i keep getting is a bank screen on blevo when riding. Thought it was cause i didn't use the workout app on watch but i tried that also and still same thing. I should have the new watch this week so going to test it on that.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I think also Specialized Head Quarters will rejoice, as I know a long list of many peolple that kept they orders on hold waiting for the release of an app that can solve some of their needs that Specialized for many reasons can't fulfill
Trust me, an app that can potentially open them up to liability and litigation is nothing for them to rejoice over.
I am sure there were riders that weren’t going to buy a 2019 until they found out if BLEvo would work on the new bike, but I didn’t have anyone not buy one because of that reason. All of my carbon bikes are sold out and it’s going to be months before we get more.
Of course our shop is in North America where the top speed limiter isn’t set to 25kph

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles