Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Has anyone tried BLEvo with the new Specialized wireless turbo control display?

That is; do they both work at the same time (as BLEvo doesn’t work when Mission Control is active and I’m wondering if it is the same with the TCD?)

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
@PaoloBLEvo
I’m using iphone 6 with the app.
I’m sure the app was in English, somehow it’s in german now.
Not talking about the voice, the writen text is now german.
Can i change it?
Grtzzzz

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Hi.
Is there a possibility in Levo and ios - will it work - to:
1. Turn on BLEvo and change speed limit.
2. Turn off BLEvo.
3. Turn on Mission Control
4. Start ride in Mission Control.
5. Ride :). Will speed limit be changed?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi.
Is there a possibility in Levo and ios - will it work - to:
1. Turn on BLEvo and change speed limit.
2. Turn off BLEvo.
3. Turn on Mission Control
4. Start ride in Mission Control.
5. Ride :). Will speed limit be changed?

It already has the ability to do that.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo
I’m using iphone 6 with the app.
I’m sure the app was in English, somehow it’s in german now.
Not talking about the voice, the writen text is now german.
Can i change it?
Grtzzzz
Sorry but I don't understand you problem.
I know that the German translation is not so good, and I hope that someone can help me to correct the translation. The language is automatically chosen in function of the operating system language. I don't know if in iOS you can setup a different language..

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
So if I increase in BLEvo speed limit from 25 to 30 kmph for example and than turn off BLEvo, turn on Mission Control and start ride in MC I will have still 30 kmph speed limit?

Yes that is correct
You will see that your wheel size in MC has changed to a smaller circumference (depending on what version of MC you are running)

7D6FA896-0D8E-4D30-95E6-0B14A032D59A.jpeg

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Yes that is correct
You will see that your wheel size in MC has changed to a smaller circumference (depending on what version of MC you are running)

View attachment 5615
But will Specialized know? Especially if it is changed back before you take the bike to the shop for whatever reason? Surely setting the limit to 32Kph the same as USA should not effect the life of the motor/battery ect as I assume they must test it at this speed for US riders?

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Sorry but I don't understand you problem.
I know that the German translation is not so good, and I hope that someone can help me to correct the translation. The language is automatically chosen in function of the operating system language. I don't know if in iOS you can setup a different language..

Hi Paolo,
my ios language is set to Dutch.
somehow my blevo is set to German.
i can read German, i justlike Englisch better

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Yes that is correct

View attachment 5615
I have one more question. In such situacion MC will not show distance correctly. But will it show burned calories correctly. Thats the only reason why I want to use MC and not BLEvo during riding (BLEvo does not show burned calories / wats during a period of time).

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
But will Specialized know? Especially if it is changed back before you take the bike to the shop for whatever reason? Surely setting the limit to 32Kph the same as USA should not effect the life of the motor/battery ect as I assume they must test it at this speed for US riders?

My understanding is they do not log anything on the older version of MC. If you change it back before a shop visit no one will know.

However, I am not sure about what is logged on the latest version of MC which came out last week.

Levo_fsr

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Today I had a chance to test Blevo at a 2019 Levo Comp carb.

Here my 10 attempts:

- 5 times Blevo can't find the bike

- 4 times Blevo has a short connection afterwards it was disconnected

- 1 time Blevo has a connection and it tried to load the parameters. After a second, it was disconnected.

So from my point of view Blevo didn't work with the 2019 Levos :-(

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Today I had a chance to test Blevo at a 2019 Levo Comp carb.

Here my 10 attempts:

- 5 times Blevo can't find the bike

- 4 times Blevo has a short connection afterwards it was disconnected

- 1 time Blevo has a connection and it tried to load the parameters. After a second, it was disconnected.

So from my point of view Blevo didn't work with the 2019 Levos :-(
Very strange because other guy say that everything work.. which phone you have? Do you have the same problem with Mission Control? I Think no..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I think it takes data from engine power meter. BLEvo shows legs’ watts but only at the moment. Probaly from the same source as MC. Maybe @PaoloBLEvo knows if MC shows correct calories after changing wheel size.
The calories are calculated based on biker energy.. biker watt for hour..

Levo_fsr

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Very strange because other guy say that everything work.. which phone you have? Do you have the same problem with Mission Control? I Think no..

I use a Android phone - Huawei p8 lite. The dealer from the shop has the same experience, that Belevo don't work with the 2019 Levos.
I didn't tried the MC App...

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Yes

Yes. But if you change wheel circumference in order to change speed limit will Motion Control calculate burned calories corrrctly?
To be honest I don't know how MC calculates the burned calories.. In BLEvo I use only biker Wh and the wheel size is not important.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I use a Android phone - Huawei p8 lite. The dealer from the shop has the same experience, that Belevo don't work with the 2019 Levos.
I didn't tried the MC App...
I had many issue with Huawei p8 Lite.. it is the phone of my wife.
If you are able to try with another phone it is appreciated..
Please try also Mission Control, in order to understand if you have the same problem or not.
In any case, when I will have a Levo 2019 under my hand, I will check why the connection is so unstable.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Further tests have been done on the compatibility of BLEvo with the Levo 2019.
Unfortunately, the bike monitor and therefore the Smart Power do not work.
The change of the PP does not work either.
In practice, it works the unlocking of the speed and the change of eco / trail / turbo .. quite little I would say ..
As soon as I have a Levo in hand I will put everything in place.
Sorry

drewsy

Sep 25, 2018
UK
Hi all.

I have an iPhone X, Levo 2019 and just purchased Blevo for IOS.

Closed all apps down on the phone, bike on and loaded Blevo. It just remained scanning for bike with no success. Rebooted phone, still no luck.

Shut app down, loaded MC and connected straight away. Terminated MC (as in swiping up so to close it down completely), loaded Blevo, no luck.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles