Status
Not open for further replies.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Great, thanks! Would be nice to get it working. In my understanding you can check the HR from the Blevo app even without going riding or next to the bike. On top of the Bike Monitor view the HR is shown next to the heart and thumbs up emoji. I also have the constant 89 there.
I just tested it and connects instantly and works perfectly.

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
B6D57057-30F9-4037-901F-A7FA6A3C3377.png

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Weird, I wonder why it's not working for me. And just to double check, that 91 bpm is the same heart rate that Apple Watch shows on its screen? As for me it also connects instantly and starts to show the bpm, but it's different on Blevo and Apple Watch...
Yes it is the same value and it reacts synchronously.

Karsten

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Hey guys, I'm unable to get my 2020 Levo Comp to pair with BLEVO? Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem? I'm definitely connected to my phone and pairing fine, but BLEVO is searching for the bike and not finding it....

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Hey guys, I just got a 2020 Levo Comp and I can't get the bike to connect to BLEVO... Anyone else having this issue? I go to BIKE SETUP and my old bike appears but it doesn't find the new one?

Jirka_S

Sep 8, 2019
Czech
Hi friends, may be it is already written somewhere here, but I didn't find it: in two days I will be a happy owner of Levo Carbon Expert. It is possible to use the Turbo Connect display and Blevo at the same time? Or an other idea? I like to see the actual speed and needn't to watch the display of mobile. Thanks in advance for any comments. :)

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Is there a handlebar mounted display unit that will show the BLevo screen like my phone does? I would love to take my phone off the bars....

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Buy another rugged phone like BV6000 or BV5500 pro...

I have an iphone x which is very rugged, but I would love to have something smaller and more permanent... i love the blevo display... and garmin has some great color displays... if there was a way to use one of those units with blevo, life would be beautiful....

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
Buy another rugged phone like BV6000 or BV5500 pro...

I have an iphone x which is very rugged, but I would love to have something smaller and more permanent... i love the blevo display... and garmin has some great color displays... if there was a way to use one of those units with blevo, life would be beautiful....

How much would your garmin be? And what size screen are you actually looking for.

It feels like you are trying to reinvent the wheel

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
How much would your garmin be? And what size screen are you actually looking for.

It feels like you are trying to reinvent the wheel

No clue, I could spend a couple hundred on it and would be happy
Im not 100% what your issue with getting a bv6000 then, as essentially youd be using it as a 4.7 inch screen only as you wouldn't have a sim in it.

Are you after anything that garmin offer specifically?

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
Im not 100% what your issue with getting a bv6000 then, as essentially youd be using it as a 4.7 inch screen only as you wouldn't have a sim in it.

Are you after anything that garmin offer specifically?

does it have a pretty color screen?
In absolute fairness, ive not got one, as i dont have a bike yet ;)

But once i have a shed im getting a bike, then ill be getting the bv6000 as its seems well thought of in this thread, apparently robust enough to cope with crashing, and im likely to do plenty of that as someone coming to mountain biking for the first time

Amathus

Sep 6, 2019
UK
Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Blevo and e-biking in general but very impressed with both. I have a 2019 Levo that i bought a few weeks ago and done about 100 miles so far.

However i must admit i'm struggling to get my head round Smart HR and i'm not convinced my assistance is adjusting to keep me at a particular BPM.

I've had a little play with the settings which i've attached. Can anyone shed any light if i'm doing anything wrong?

Also do i need to keep it in either Smart ECO or Smart Trail. Is it supposed to keep me at the same BPM regardless of which setting i'm in?

By the way, i've done a lot of reading up suggesting you cant change the speed restriction on the 2019 Levo's. It worked fine for me when i bumped it up to 21mph and it's made a world of difference.

file1.png

file.png

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Blevo and e-biking in general but very impressed with both. I have a 2019 Levo that i bought a few weeks ago and done about 100 miles so far.

However i must admit i'm struggling to get my head round Smart HR and i'm not convinced my assistance is adjusting to keep me at a particular BPM.

I've had a little play with the settings which i've attached. Can anyone shed any light if i'm doing anything wrong?

Also do i need to keep it in either Smart ECO or Smart Trail. Is it supposed to keep me at the same BPM regardless of which setting i'm in?

By the way, i've done a lot of reading up suggesting you cant change the speed restriction on the 2019 Levo's. It worked fine for me when i bumped it up to 21mph and it's made a world of difference.

View attachment 18432

View attachment 18433

Hi and welcome to the club... ;)

Most likely you have the first firmware version (2.019) and that's the reason why you are able to modify the speed limit. Be aware that this version contains some bugs within walk assist, shuttle mode and the recording of the biker power.

Regarding the BLEvo smart settings, I shared my Android settings:
1568221354976.png

I would suggest that you set in main BLEvo screen eco to 1%, trail to 80% and leave turbo at 100% and set PP (peak power) for all three modes to 100%.

Then in BLEvo smart settings set for smart eco 1% - 30% and smart trail 2% to 79%.

Leave turbo at 100% so you can switch always to turbo 100% regardless of your HR.
Try how these settings work and let us know.

You can also leave everything like is and deactive smart HR and try smart leg power. Mostly I ride with smart leg power which offers me a much longer range. Last two rides I rode in eco in total 66,64km with 630hm. Both rides together I only consumed 173Wh which brings me to an average of 2,60Wh/km or a theoretical range of 192km with 1815hm based on a Levo 2019 Comp with 500Wh battery. Have been riding with other mtb (no emtb) riders at a smart leg power threshold of around 250W without smart HR.

Last edited:

Amathus

Sep 6, 2019
UK
Thanks! Interesting it looks like the Android version of Blevo is much more feature-rich with more customisation. I notice a lot of folk using a BV6000 so perhaps i need to invest in one of these to get the very best out of Blevo?

Thanks very much for the tips, really appreciate it. I'll give the Smart HR settings a go on my iOS version and see how i get on.

I do like the idea of maximising the battery. Im about 95kg and i've been doing approx 1500-1800ft elevation on each ride 15-16 mile ride and the battery is coming down to about 50% with Wh anywhere between 240-300 Wh.

May i ask if you can explain Smart Power in lamens terms for me please? I have looked through the manual and again through this thread but can't get a clear explanation on that!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks! Interesting it looks like the Android version of Blevo is much more feature-rich with more customisation. I notice a lot of folk using a BV6000 so perhaps i need to invest in one of these to get the very best out of Blevo?

Thanks very much for the tips, really appreciate it. I'll give the Smart HR settings a go on my iOS version and see how i get on.

I do like the idea of maximising the battery. Im about 95kg and i've been doing approx 1500-1800ft elevation on each ride 15-16 mile ride and the battery is coming down to about 50% with Wh anywhere between 240-300 Wh.

May i ask if you can explain Smart Power in lamens terms for me please? I have looked through the manual and again through this thread but can't get a clear explanation on that!

No thanks! Will come back to you tomorrow in detail...

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Smart HR does not work very well without Smart Power, because your heart rate will always lag behind changes in muscle recruitment. Smart Power is your leg muscle input and so responds instantly to changes in effort. You need to establish the right level for Smart Power that helps keep your heart rate at the desired training level.

However, the early firmware that allows changes to max assistance speed, has a bug that causes the reported biker power to jump (random like) all over the place and seems to be about 2 times higher than your real leg muscle input. Smart Power still works but you need to set the level very high. Try starting with Smart Power to 350 Watt (in expert mode).

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
interesting, I just looked it up.... so all I would do is run my bike apps on it?
That is what I do. I have an old android cell phone and it just runs BELvo on my handle bars. I keep it just for this and only enable wifi and bluetooth. I have email on it and Google Play Store to update. I'm running an old LG G5 and it works great. You can get one on Ebay under $100 most days. I really like this setup as I don't have to put my everyday phone on the bars.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
interesting, I just looked it up.... so all I would do is run my bike apps on it?
That is what I do. I have an old android cell phone and it just runs BELvo on my handle bars. I keep it just for this and only enable wifi and bluetooth. I have email on it and Google Play Store to update. I'm running an old LG G5 and it works great. You can get one on Ebay under $100 most days. I really like this setup as I don't have to put my everyday phone on the bars.

Are they water and shock proof?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Smart HR does not work very well without Smart Power, because your heart rate will always lag behind changes in muscle recruitment. Smart Power is your leg muscle input and so responds instantly to changes in effort. You need to establish the right level for Smart Power that helps keep your heart rate at the desired training level.

However, the early firmware that allows changes to max assistance speed, has a bug that causes the reported biker power to jump (random like) all over the place and seems to be about 2 times higher than your real leg muscle input. Smart Power still works but you need to set the level very high. Try starting with Smart Power to 350 Watt (in expert mode).

When I started using BLEvo I more or less experienced the same as you explained. Add that time I mostly used Smart HR and Smart Leg Power at the same time. Disadvantages were:
- battery consumption was higher compared to smart leg power alone
- sometimes too high assistance as my HR was still decreasing after a climb and therefore I received too much assitance

After having some rides with Smart HR and Smart Leg Power I came to the conclusion like you that Smart Leg Power is the best and most predictable for me.

On the other hand, I am still pretty young and I have no heart disease. If you would have an heart disease smart HR could be a very nice feature.

Just one question, I am "only" able to adjust Smart Power until 300W which is pretty hard to pedal for a longer distance at least for me with max. 20% assistance set in eco. Are you able to increase the value to 350W? Maybe it's bike firmware related? Do you also ride a 2019 Levo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles