Status
Not open for further replies.

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
Thanks @Maastricht for help me answering the questions..
About power consumption for iPhone, another user found a solution remove the auto brightness and adjust it manually..
In any case the BV6000 is the best solution.. expensive, but less than a Garmin..

Thanks for the reply. Do you need a SIM card to operate BLEvo on a BV6000?

Any ideas on the iPhone crashing please? I lost half my ride data and didn’t want to turn the screen off to preserve battery because I lost confidence in the app being active, and wanted to see it was recording data.

Many thanks

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Stumpy,

Thanks, but I have all of that configured already. The manual implies there is another check box titled “Connected to Smart Power” to link Smart HR with Smart Power. I don't see this in your screenshots.

This is supposed to reduce your power training value (leg power) automatically if your heart rate becomes excessive. Sounds pretty cool and I'd like to try it out.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Stumpy,

Thanks, but I have all of that configured already. The manual implies there is another check box titled “Connected to Smart Power” to link Smart HR with Smart Power. I don't see this in your screenshots.

This is supposed to reduce your power training value (leg power) automatically if your heart rate becomes excessive. Sounds pretty cool and I'd like to try it out.

OK, I see - not sure I can help though... I use my Apple Watch and therefore I just checked the box that says “use Apple Watch for HR...” and it just works

Sorry

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Maybe Paolo will see my question regarding the missing connected to smart power setting. I have a feeling it’s no longer an option or the linking of the two smarts is always on and he hasn’t updated the manual.

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Maybe Paolo will see my question regarding the missing connected to smart power setting. I have a feeling it’s no longer an option or the linking of the two smarts is always on and he hasn’t updated the manual.

I've never seen that on my iOs app. Still manages to work though.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

Any ideas on the iPhone crashing please? I lost half my ride data and didn’t want to turn the screen off to preserve battery because I lost confidence in the app being active, and wanted to see it was recording data.

Many thanks

Hi GZA,

You don't need to insert a sim card into the BV6000. You can store the openandromaps offline. When I arrive home the BV6000 picks up my wifi signal and then I replicate my ride to Strava.

Maybe Paolo has other ideas which can cause the crashing on your phone but did you already try the hard reset like I described in previous post and tried again afterwards?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

The "connected to smart power" option is selectable in BLEvo android version. I also can't find it in BLEvo ios version. Maybe this option ended up within the ios manual due to a copy-paste mistake after copying Smart Power texts from the Android manual.

I think only Paolo can answer if and how ios version deals with this setting.

Drondon

May 25, 2019
California
Will this version work with blevo? 2019 levo comp

B8AAF782-A5E0-42B8-9459-7753ECBFE8C7.png

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for the idea and the procedure! Can you maybe post a picture of the BV6000 on the handle bars in portrait and landscape version? Thanks a lot!
Out front mount.jpg

BV6000S Portrait.jpg

BV6000S Landscape.jpg

Due to the off-center position of universal adapter (see post #2,060); for the landscape example above, I positioned the clamp 12mm away from the stem. This set up I did just for the photo and I now prefer it to my original setup, as it hides the cables better and just looks right.

I also tried the "out front mount" rotated 180deg to position the phone behind the bars, but having the connector in that position blocks access to the SWAT tool.

Drondon

May 25, 2019
California
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the blevo app
It works great. Does anyone know how to set up
More then one set value. There are 3 options.
To change max speed for different length of rides
Thanks in advance

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
You can change all motor parameters and save them (up to 5 predefined user settings (v3.4.8)).

From main screen go to "Bike Setup", you will need to be connected to bike to change the motor parameters as these settings are stored in the motor. However the motor can only hold one set of parameters.

In BLEvo there is an option to also save these settings in BLEvo as "User settings 1", 2, 3, etc. To do that you need to select "Advanced user" from the Select configuration drop down box. Then you can adjust any motor parameter you like. You need to scroll down to see the speed limit adjustment and at the very bottom is an option to save user settings.

I haven't tried it, but I believe that once user settings are saved in BLEvo, they then appear in the Select configuration drop down box.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
The "connected to smart power" option is selectable in BLEvo android version. I also can't find it in BLEvo ios version. Maybe this option ended up within the ios manual due to a copy-paste mistake after copying Smart Power texts from the Android manual.

I think only Paolo can answer if and how ios version deals with this setting.

Thanks Maastricht. I thought it might be something like that. I ordered a Blackview BV5500 from Amazon.com for the full Blevo experience. $130 USD - $10 instant coupon + $10 shipping delivered tomorrow was too good to pass up. :)

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
View attachment 14164
View attachment 14165
View attachment 14166
Due to the off-center position of universal adapter (see post #2,060); for the landscape example above, I positioned the clamp 12mm away from the stem. This set up I did just for the photo and I now prefer it to my original setup, as it hides the cables better and just looks right.

I also tried the "out front mount" rotated 180deg to position the phone behind the bars, but having the connector in that position blocks access to the SWAT tool.

Hi, thanks for the pictures! Looks very nice! You did a good job...

Don't know you preference but soon there will be a new dashboard in landscape version. Paolo has already been testing it:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums

Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with Google's play store as Paolo already released it last Friday but still the update is not available for download.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks Maastricht. I thought it might be something like that. I ordered a Blackview BV5500 from Amazon.com for the full Blevo experience. $130 USD - $10 instant coupon + $10 shipping delivered tomorrow was too good to pass up. :)

Hi Jeff,

I also considered the BV5500 and the BV5500PRO. I only choose the BV6000 due to the barometer feature. As the BV6000 is already an older design I think the BV5500's design will be nicer and it contains a newer Android version as well. I think you will enjoy it.

Regarding the pricing, I am based in The Netherlands. I ordered the BV6000 via Aliexpress. When I search the BV5500 we can buy it for $86,99 incl. shipping. Not sure if the US meanwhile increased it's tariffs so local pricing is different.

I would also recommend to buy the O-Synce remote.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK

I have purchase a UleFone Armor for use with Blevo, and although it works fine without a SIM I have put one in. If you are in the UK you can get a FREE o2 classic SIM that gives 3p per minute calls, 2p per text and 1p per MB of data. When the SIM is delivered it comes with a code for £10 of free credit when you add £10 to the SIM and you get another £5 for signing up to the MyO2 portal - effectively giving you £25 worth of credit for £10. In order to keep the credit you need to make 1 chargeable "event" every 180 days (eg send a 2p text message).

I run the phone using wifi only with mobile data turned off (so no charges). I chose to have a SIM in the phone as it can then be used in an emergency should I be in any kind of trouble (breakdown / accident etc) and it saves me taking my primary phone out with me and risking breaking / soaking it etc.

Reactions: GZA

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
I have purchase a UleFone Armor for use with Blevo, and although it works fine without a SIM I have put one in. If you are in the UK you can get a FREE o2 classic SIM that gives 3p per minute calls, 2p per text and 1p per MB of data. When the SIM is delivered it comes with a code for £10 of free credit when you add £10 to the SIM and you get another £5 for signing up to the MyO2 portal - effectively giving you £25 worth of credit for £10. In order to keep the credit you need to make 1 chargeable "event" every 180 days (eg send a 2p text message).

I run the phone using wifi only with mobile data turned off (so no charges). I chose to have a SIM in the phone as it can then be used in an emergency should I be in any kind of trouble (breakdown / accident etc) and it saves me taking my primary phone out with me and risking breaking / soaking it etc.

Got a linky please?

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
This is the one I went for -
The 3g version (X2) is even cheaper.

If you want to load offline maps I'd recommend adding a MicroSD card as well, I've added the OpenAndroMaps for most of Europe onto a single 16gb SD with space remaining.

Even though I am only using this currently as a "bike computer" I went for this one because it has a fingerprint reader, NFC and 4g - Meaning it can be used for Google pay when out and about and if required I could use it as my main phone for holidays etc.

When I initially looked I narrowed my choices down to the following phones as they all had pretty decent specs including the ability to replace my main phone if required.

Blackview Bv5800
Blackview Bv5800 pro
Doogee S60 Lite
Cubot King Kong 3
Ulefone Armor X

We used the phone with Blevo for the first time on a decent ride this week, we downloaded a GPX from a site and then used Blevo in map mode and it was awesome, we just followed the track on the screen and found our way perfectly.

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Thanks very much for that. If I’m honest I’m an iPhone guy through and through so will always have that with me and just need a cheaper phone purely for the bike that has long battery life and a clear screen for Blevo, nothing else. Cheaper than £150 would be preferred! ;)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Stumpy,

This option is available only in Android.. in iOS is always selected when you select Smart Power and Smart HR.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Let me know if BLEvo will find the barometer or not in the phone.. I don't understand if it is present or not..

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I just got home from a 100km ride, no app crashes and the phone battery lasted the ride.

I did a hard reset as suggested.

I also turned off the Apple Watch heart rate, it’s never been a reliable source of HR data for me, my wrist shape doesn’t seem to play nice with the HR detection and I get long periods where the HR sampling freezes and stays static, it rarely works well for me. I postulated that this may have been making the phone work harder to find the data and contributing to battery drain (like when you phone battery gets drained trying to work on poor Wi-fi or cellular connection).

BLEvo makes a great bike even better. The ability to make the engine work to your use case is something I wished I could do with my Bosch powered bike, but BLEvo takes my ideas up a notch and beyond. It will be an invaluable tool in my ongoing recovery from a serious injury.

Thanks again for the help and congratulations Paolo on a fantastic app, very much appreciated.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I just got home from a 100km ride, no app crashes and the phone battery lasted the ride.

I did a hard reset as suggested.

I also turned off the Apple Watch heart rate, it’s never been a reliable source of HR data for me, my wrist shape doesn’t seem to play nice with the HR detection and I get long periods where the HR sampling freezes and stays static, it rarely works well for me. I postulated that this may have been making the phone work harder to find the data and contributing to battery drain (like when you phone battery gets drained trying to work on poor Wi-fi or cellular connection).

BLEvo makes a great bike even better. The ability to make the engine work to your use case is something I wished I could do with my Bosch powered bike, but BLEvo takes my ideas up a notch and beyond. It will be an invaluable tool in my ongoing recovery from a serious injury.

Thanks again for the help and congratulations Paolo on a fantastic app, very much appreciated.
Compliment to you for 100km ride.. ????
Just to, which settings you used?

Neil Reid

Jun 23, 2018
uk
Hi Guys

New to BLEvo so is this something to worry about, read it in a post.

Finding my blevo is conflicting with mission control...sending my motor back to
15 amps instead of 20 amps....i uninstalled blevo re did light blue n now shes back to missile speed

Thanks

Joeyrotundo

Apr 13, 2019
Canada , Vancouver Island
Hi Guys

New to BLEvo so is this something to worry about, read it in a post.

Finding my blevo is conflicting with mission control...sending my motor back to
15 amps instead of 20 amps....i uninstalled blevo re did light blue n now shes back to missile speed

Thanks
I always reload "Default Speshy" back before I ever go back and use MC . I don't see any reason to use both, Blevo is much better. I definitely wouldn't run both at the same time that's for sure.

Joey

GZA

May 21, 2019
Herts
Compliment to you for 100km ride.. ????
Just to, which settings you used?

Thank you :)

Unusually it was a road ride, mostly used between 15-30% support, turned it off where I could and used the +/-5 buttons at the bottom of the screen to micro manage the support level to match my companions pace.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thank you :)

Unusually it was a road ride, mostly used between 15-30% support, turned it off where I could and used the +/-5 buttons at the bottom of the screen to micro manage the support level to match my companions pace.

Thanks for your feedback!

Very impressive range! Did you ride with the 700Wh battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles