Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released version 3.4.8 of BLEvo for Android. Here are the news:

- Updated German translation (thanks to Michael K)
- Added the possibility to display the wheel circumference in mm or inches
- Added option to don't restore the % of assistance on change level
- Bugfix: The data above the map is also available in the default display
- Bugfix: Choice of activity type for uploading Strava
- Minor bugfixes

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
I will check if Apple sent to me the information of the crash.. I hope so I can check happened.. Sorry for that..
Could you give me these information?

- iOS version
- Screen used (map or data)
I believe it has happened on both screens.
- Smart power active or not
Yes, I use smart power
- Voice messages active or not
Active

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I've been having problems with BLEvo crashing on my iPhone XS lately.

I'll be in the middle of a ride, and I'll look down and see the home screen. Then I restart BLEvo and it will display the "Continue" button.

It seems like it has been happening for a couple of version updates now and happens several times during a ride.

I have a 2018 Turbo Levo.

Thanks,

Alan

Hmmm - same setup for me (iOS 12.2) and no issues my end - have you tried hard resetting the phone (volume up, volume down, hold the power button until you see the apple logo and then let go)

Neil Reid

Jun 23, 2018
uk
Hi Guys

I have the GPX file in BLEvo I can see it. How do I set it as a route to follow. Found something about tiles but not sure.
Thanks

Neil Reid

Jun 23, 2018
uk
I think I was on the wrong map, changed that so now I have tiles. Does it matter how many tiles you download ? Changes when you zoom in and out, guess I just need to fit in the route bit ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I did a hard reset this morning and went for a ride and didn't have any problems.

I'll report back if it happens again.
Good to know that an hard reset solve the issue...
I thought that this workaround should work only on Android and Windows system...
:cool::cool::cool:

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hi guys I am the proud new owner of a 2019 Levo and am just getting used to the mission control app which seems ok but I am still struggling at what power settings to use in each mode as it came set with but I know I need to change those.

30/100
60/100
100/100

what I need to know is how complex is this app as I know I won't be able to get my head around all the settings so is there an easy start mode :) do you still need to set your own assistance and power settings or does it have a standard one that is popular.

I am just wondering how much you guys use it as for me I just use the bike and as yet I don't have a phone on the bars but I know this will be a great app but I wonder is it something that you all use with a phone on the bars and is the information and the huge question is do I need it :)

My wife really misses having her Bosch screen telling her how much range she has left.

sorry for the noob questions but I just don't want something that is too complex to use :)

Last edited:

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
I've ridden 55km with blevo today, made about 1100 metres in climbing/ascending. Blevo in its core performed flawlessly, there are however a few minor things that I've noticed.

a) The autonomy is very, very conservative. I rode about 45km, had 25% battery left and BLevo managed to say that with those 25% (of 700Wh) I could only ride about 4km on 50% assistence. I rode the remaining 10 km on full turbo, and had still 15% of the original 25% left.

b) The map drawing isn't always accurate. I'm not sure it is the map, the app or the gps. But there can be as much as 30-40 meters of distance between the track i'm on and my position on screen. I'm pretty sure it's not GPS inaccuracy, because it is very predictable.

c) I'm missing data fields on the map screen. There are a few essential values (battery percentage) that in my opinion deserve a special place. For example the bike battery doesn't have to be a data field but can be a small colored bar (4-5px) on the top of the screen. Same goes for phone battery. Maybe consider drawing over the map with a transparent background? (Or half opaque)

d) When in map-rotating mode (track up) it's probably best to position the rider about 3/4rd down the screen. There is no use in drawing what is behind me.

All things considered, a very good ride for me and BLevo. Thanks Paolo!

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I've ridden 55km with blevo today, made about 1100 metres in climbing/ascending. Blevo in its core performed flawlessly, there are however a few minor things that I've noticed.

a) The autonomy is very, very conservative. I rode about 45km, had 25% battery left and BLevo managed to say that with those 25% (of 700Wh) I could only ride about 4km on 50% assistence. I rode the remaining 10 km on full turbo, and had still 15% of the original 25% left.

b) The map drawing isn't always accurate. I'm not sure it is the map, the app or the gps. But there can be as much as 30-40 meters of distance between the track i'm on and my position on screen. I'm pretty sure it's not GPS inaccuracy, because it is very predictable.

c) I'm missing data fields on the map screen. There are a few essential values (battery percentage) that in my opinion deserve a special place. For example the bike battery doesn't have to be a data field but can be a small colored bar (4-5px) on the top of the screen. Same goes for phone battery. Maybe consider drawing over the map with a transparent background? (Or half opaque)

d) When in map-rotating mode (track up) it's probably best to position the rider about 3/4rd down the screen. There is no use in drawing what is behind me.

All things considered, a very good ride for me and BLevo. Thanks Paolo!

I totally agree with the first point about autonomy

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
i ride my 2019 levo with belevo and have the elastic motor back. i can ride eco 20%assist /100% motorpower without shifting the hole day... it give me max power. and max battery save!!? thanks.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Ride testing the new BLEvo release... :cool::cool::cool::cool:
2019-05-18 15.20.34.jpg

2019-05-18 15.18.58.jpg

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
@Vilt and @Stumpy, could you share the km done, the Wh consumed and the Wh total?
Thanks.

Here’s my rides from yesterday... hopefully covering the data you want but if not just let me know Paolo - thanks

Statistical data for my ride Sat, 18 May 2019 11:43:42 BST

Short statistics:
- Elapsed time: 1:10:16
- Miles total: 11.08 mi
- Speed average: 9.5 mph
- Ascent total: +508 ft
- Battery Consumed: 21% (101 Wh)
- Consumption average: 9.12 Wh/mi
- Wh ride: 161Wh
- Wh Biker: 37.3% (60Wh)
- Wh Battery: 62.7% (101Wh)

Statistical data for my ride Sat, 18 May 2019 08:57:32 BST

Short statistics:
- Elapsed time: 1:37:08
- Miles total: 13.27 mi
- Speed average: 8.2 mph
- Ascent total: +1049 ft
- Battery Consumed: 23% (118 Wh)
- Consumption average: 8.89 Wh/mi
- Wh ride: 246Wh
- Wh Biker: 52.0% (128Wh)
- Wh Battery: 48.0% (118Wh)

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Is that screen view currently available or is it coming in the next release???????

It is already available in current Android version under display configuration. Make sure you update BLEvo to latest version.

Screen looks great! Thank you Paolo for all your efforts!

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
How to attach a Quad Lock universal adaptor to BV6000(S)
Quadlock_Uni_Adaptor2.jpg

If you're looking for a really good and discreet mount for the BV6000s then maybe take a look at Quad Lock. I already use Quad Lock for iPhone 6 & X as they make exact fitting phone cases for Apple and Samsung. But they also do the Universal mount for other brands/models.
Ive found them to be super strong and robust whilst at the same time being really minimalist.

Universal - Universal Adaptor

For then mounting to the bike:
I have only used the Handlebar/Stem mount (mounted on bars) so far and it gives the option to rotate to either landscape or portrait. I've always found using the supplied O rings perfectly strong enough but you can use zip ties which are also supplied in the kit.
Cycling - Handlebar/Stem Mount

(y):)
Hi Neils, thanks for the suggestion! Although I like the design very much I doubt if it will work with the BV6000(S) as the backside of the BV isn't a smooth suface while I understand from the Quad Lock website that the backside of the phone needs to be smooth and not from rubber (which I think the BV6000 is made of too but not 100% sure) as the universal adapter mount uses 3M adhesive tape.
Thanks for the heads up (y)...
I haven't actually seen the BV6000s in the flesh so maybe Rob or Paolo or somebody else could confirm this?
Back of the BV6000 fyi

As seen in Rob's image above, the back surface of BV6000(S) is not flat. Also the rubber backing is not compatible with the 3m adhesive used by Quad Lock.

So is it possible to safely remove the rubber backing material without destroying the phone? --Yes

Step 1
Using a craft knife, do a test cut into the rubber backing material in a position that will later be covered up by the Quad Lock uni mount. I cut along the edge of this raised surface. It may take several cuts along same line, in order to cut deep enough (~1mm) before you start to sense the hard case behind the rubber.
Test_cut.jpg

Step 2
Split open the rubber backing material by pushing a blunt instrument (eg. a small flat screw driver) along the cut just made.
Split_apart.jpg

Step 3
Start lifting the rubber backing material by pushing the screw driver underneath.
Note: Down the spline of the phone the rubber will not want to lift up; don't worry, we'll deal with that later... Instead try lifting the rubber on either side.

But don't do this; don't lift rubber from anywhere that won't later be covered by Quad Lock uni mount.
Lift_rubber.jpg

Investigative work complete. Now that you know it can be done and that you are capable of doing it yourself.

Step 4
Position the uni mount where you want it to go. I initially marked the position with a pen but then I found a better method.
Mark_position.jpg

In below image of finished product, notice the straight edge on right side of mount. After making that straight edge, I then found it easy to hold uni mount in position (up against the cover of sim compartment), whilst I carefully cut around it with the craft knife.
Straight_edge.jpg

To create the straight edge, I suggest using kitchen scissors.

Step 5
Whilst holding uni mount in position up against the cover of sim compartment, carefully cut around it. Don't try to do it in one deep cut. Go over same cut multiple times to get to the required depth.

Step 6
Using a small flat screwdriver push under rubber material to lift it up. Start by lifting up each side, leave the middle (spine of phone) to last. Along the spline you will need to cut the 6 injection molding points seen here. Trim flush after the rubber material has been removed.
Injection_molding_points.jpg

This position of mount is about 8mm away from the phones center of gravity. -- I think that's about as close as we can get it.

Step 7
Finish up by removing any projections with craft knife.
Remove_projections.jpg

Note: Cutting away the outer rim of sim compartment does will not affect the water proof seal. The rubber seal (seen above) lies flat and the compartment cover presses down against it.

Step 8
Test that uni mount fits perfectly within cutout region. If necessary, trim off more rubber around perimeter until it fits easily.

Step 9
Follow instructions for attaching Quad Lock uni mount.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
How to attach a Quad Lock universal adaptor to BV6000(S)
View attachment 13920

As seen in Rob's image above, the back surface of BV6000(S) is not flat. Also the rubber backing is not compatible with the 3m adhesive used by Quad Lock.

So is it possible to safely remove the rubber backing material without destroying the phone? --Yes

Step 1
Using a craft knife, do a test cut into the rubber backing material in a position that will later be covered up by the Quad Lock uni mount. I cut along the edge of this raised surface. It may take several cuts along same line, in order to cut deep enough (~1mm) before you start to sense the hard case behind the rubber. View attachment 13921

Step 2
Split open the rubber backing material by pushing a blunt instrument (eg. a small flat screw driver) along the cut just made.
View attachment 13922

Step 3
Start lifting the rubber backing material by pushing the screw driver underneath.
Note: Down the spline of the phone the rubber will not want to lift up; don't worry, we'll deal with that later... Instead try lifting the rubber on either side.

But don't do this; don't lift rubber from anywhere that won't later be covered by Quad Lock uni mount.
View attachment 13923
Investigative work complete. Now that you know it can be done and that you are capable of doing it yourself.

Step 4
Position the uni mount where you want it to go. I initially marked the position with a pen but then I found a better method.
View attachment 13932

In below image of finished product, notice the straight edge on right side of mount. After making that straight edge, I then found it easy to hold uni mount in position (up against the cover of sim compartment), whilst I carefully cut around it with the craft knife.
View attachment 13925
To create the straight edge, I suggest using kitchen scissors.

Step 5
Whilst holding uni mount in position up against the cover of sim compartment, carefully cut around it. Don't try to do it in one deep cut. Go over same cut multiple times to get to the required depth.

Step 6
Using a small flat screwdriver push under rubber material to lift it up. Start by lifting up each side, leave the middle (spine of phone) to last. Along the spline you will need to cut the 6 injection molding points seen here. Trim flush after the rubber material has been removed.
View attachment 13927
This position of mount is about 8mm away from the phones center of gravity. -- I think that's about as close as we can get it.

Step 7
Finish up by removing any projections with craft knife.
View attachment 13928
Note: Cutting away the outer rim of sim compartment does will not affect the water proof seal. The rubber seal (seen above) lies flat and the compartment cover presses down against it.

Step 8
Test that uni mount fits perfectly within cutout region. If necessary, trim off more rubber around perimeter until it fits easily.

Step 9
Follow instructions for attaching Quad Lock uni mount.

Thanks for the idea and the procedure! Can you maybe post a picture of the BV6000 on the handle bars in portrait and landscape version? Thanks a lot!

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for the idea and the procedure! Can you maybe post a picture of the BV6000 on the handle bars in portrait and landscape version? Thanks a lot!
There are many different mounts available and my lbs didn't have the out front mount I desire that will position it centrally, so I had to order it in. I can post images when I get it during the week.
However, you can see pictures of the common on bar mount at post #1,343

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
There are many different mounts available and my lbs didn't have the out front mount I desire that will position it centrally, so I had to order it in. I can post images when I get it during the week.
However, you can see pictures of the common on bar mount at post #1,343

Thanks! Would be helpfull!

Currently I am using the GUB Plus 8 mounting bracket. (Paolo’s recommendation)

Very happy with it. Very stable and it looks very nice especially with new BLEvo bike monitor in landscape.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
It is already available in current Android version under display configuration. Make sure you update BLEvo to latest version.

Screen looks great! Thank you Paolo for all your efforts!

I have the latest version, Which option do I have to choose on the display configuration to get that screen?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I have the latest version, Which option do I have to choose on the display configuration to get that screen?

From the main menu you need to choose Configuration -> Customize display -> Display type -> Horizontal BM 4+1+1+4

Are you able to activate it now?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Same for me.

Blevo version is 3.4.8 running on Android.

I have to make a correction here. At this moment this new functionality is only available in BLEvo test environment. After testing has been completed it will be officially launched for all users. I expect this will happen within 1-2 weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience caused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles