Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
I have read all 19 pages of this forum and saw a few people asking to explain CM. Strangely no one has ever given an explanation.

Well I have the same question :)

Can someone please explain what it does and what the effects are ?

Thanks in advance
You can find much more info on (maybe you will have to change destination language to English:
Google Translate
This is official BLEvo forum. I dont know Italian so I enter this site using google translate. In the manual there is a lack of some deep info / examples / about smart power. You can find that info in the BLEvo forum.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
You can find much more info on (maybe you will have to change destination language to English:
Google Translate
This is official BLEvo forum. I dont know Italian so I enter this site using google translate. In the manual there is a lack of some info especially how the smart power works. You can find that info in the BLEvo forum.
Sorry Robert, but in the instruction manual is written how the Smart Power works. Isn't it true?

sdelen

Sep 30, 2018
belgium
Hi Paolo,
Can't find the Smart Power in the PDF. Just as Robert says
Using link as displayed in screenshot
1538550929243.png

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Sorry Robert, but in the instruction manual is written how the Smart Power works. Isn't it true?
Sorry P
Sorry Paolo. You are absolutly right. There is a description of the Smart Power in the BLEvo manual but in your official forum there are some questions and answers about Smart Power which you can read only there.

For me the main point of my answer is that somebody who does not know Italian language can put link to your forum into Google Translator web site and read a lot of valuable information about BLEvo and Smart Power.

Thats the only reason why I send last post. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
The new version of BLEvo for iOS is available on the Apple Store
Here are the news of version 3.0.0

- Compatibility with iOS 12 (XCode 12)
- Review the graphics to configure Peak Power
- Initial partial compatibility with Levo 2019 (thanks 'EMTB Forums' members for the test)
- Added new Peak Power management
- Shuttle percentage change added

Download the update from the Apple Store
‎BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo

Dear Paolo,

I have just ordered the new 2019 Levo which is now on hold for delivery due the noise issue. In the meanwhile I have been reading a lot of posts and would like to send you my compliments with all the work and time you have invested in the Blevo app. It seems very impressive especially the heart rate control which I expect to be using in future time!

I only have one question for the moment, when using an Iphone with IOS12 in combination with the latest Blevo app version, should we be able to change the speed setting again? I understand this is could void warranty and should only be used within private areas. Not being sure what you meant with the "Initial partial compatibility" app release of today.

Thanks for your feedback in advance and keep up with the good work!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I only have one question for the moment, when using an Iphone with IOS12 in combination with the latest Blevo app version, should we be able to change the speed setting again?
I think this is the main reason for downloading BLEvo..
It should work. I use the word "should" because I didn't try by myself, but someone confirm this..
Enjoy you new Levo.
Thanks for supporting BLEvo..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
.... Sorry for misunderstanding.

Don't worry..
I didn't what was the result of searching "BLEvo manual" on google...
I think it is better to remove the attached file in the forum or to update it with the latest version..

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I think this is the main reason for downloading BLEvo..
Thanks for supporting BLEvo..

Thanks Paolo, I guess you are partially right but I must say that the user Blevo interface (cockpit) looks very impressive and provides lot's of detailed information. As I am into engineering as well I highly like this data.

I hope someone can confirm the ability of Blevo to change the speed for the 2019 model as well.

Thanks!

lovetoride

Sep 30, 2018
stockholm
Dear Paolo,

I have just ordered the new 2019 Levo which is now on hold for delivery due the noise issue. In the meanwhile I have been reading a lot of posts and would like to send you my compliments with all the work and time you have invested in the Blevo app. It seems very impressive especially the heart rate control which I expect to be using in future time!

I only have one question for the moment, when using an Iphone with IOS12 in combination with the latest Blevo app version, should we be able to change the speed setting again? I understand this is could void warranty and should only be used within private areas. Not being sure what you meant with the "Initial partial compatibility" app release of today.

Thanks for your feedback in advance and keep up with the good work!
Hi! What is your noise issue?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I haven't experienced it myself as I haven't received my new 2019 Levo yet. However you will find more hits on the internet about this issue as well. I only heared at our LBS that the supply is now blocked by Specialized due to additional noise level of the 2019 Brose motors. Luckily they have discovered the issue at an early stage. My LBS is confident that this issue will be solved but until that time we need to wait. I am happy that Specialized takes this issue seriously and seems to be focussed on finding the root cause and providing a solution to make sure they meet their customers expectations.

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
I haven't experienced it myself as I haven't received my new 2019 Levo yet. However you will find more hits on the internet about this issue as well. I only heared at our LBS that the supply is now blocked by Specialized due to additional noise level of the 2019 Brose motors. Luckily they have discovered the issue at an early stage. My LBS is confident that this issue will be solved but until that time we need to wait. I am happy that Specialized takes this issue seriously and seems to be focussed on finding the root cause and providing a solution to make sure they meet their customers expectations.

I am only taking an educated guess here, but a huge part of the weight savings was from the use of different metals in the motor housing. That’s a know fact, but my bet is that’s the cause of a noise, and if so could cause major delays. But again just a guess.

Glad i went with a 19 kenevo with BeLevo app. I expect many folks who hear about the app make the same purchase as I did now with the 2019 Levo noise issue. 180>150 ;)

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
First of all it's a very cool bike which you have bought! If we have lived in your area (which we only visit for our holidays ;-)) then I assume I would have choosen the Kenevo as well. However where I am living we have more trails (almost no downhill sections) so I think for my usage the Levo will be the ideal bike.

From experience I know how difficult natural (own) frequencies are within systems which consists of several individual parts. Within machine building we sometimes have the same type of problems. All components are within their specs however in the total sum they cause a highly irritating resonance. The strange thing is that you sometimes just need to exchange identic components between two identic systems and the sound is completely gone at both systems. (and it stays away as well)

I made a deal at our LBS that if Specialized is not able to solve the sound issue I may terminate my purchase and choose another bike. Possibly I will end up with the 2019 Kenevo then anyway. I was not aware that the Kenevo was still using the 2018 driveline.

Enjoy your wonderfull area on your stunning Kenevo!

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
First of all it's a very cool bike which you have bought! If we have lived in your area (which we only visit for our holidays ;-)) then I assume I would have choosen the Kenevo as well. However where I am living we have more trails (almost no downhill sections) so I think for my usage the Levo will be the ideal bike.

From experience I know how difficult natural (own) frequencies are within systems which consists of several individual parts. Within machine building we sometimes have the same type of problems. All components are within their specs however in the total sum they cause a highly irritating resonance. The strange thing is that you sometimes just need to exchange identic components between two identic systems and the sound is completely gone at both systems. (and it stays away as well)

I made a deal at our LBS that if Specialized is not able to solve the sound issue I may terminate my purchase and choose another bike. Possibly I will end up with the 2019 Kenevo then anyway. I was not aware that the Kenevo was still using the 2018 driveline.

Enjoy your wonderfull area on your stunning Kenevo!
Well said. And I will DH this bike. And I know the new levo could take some DH as well. That’s why I see the Kenevo as a true all mountain bike. But honestly I was worried about it going up hill, but with the new BeLevo app I think it is better than my Levo expert I demoed. Again opinions are all subject to individual bias.

You’d be very happy on a kenevo and it’s sexy in black !!
B0F8C1B7-300B-4729-BEB6-8DB9661BF2CB.jpeg

lovetoride

Sep 30, 2018
stockholm
How many are using the Blevo app (ios) with a Levo 2019? Does it work to change the speed? I have the 1.3 motor. Bike: 2019 Levo Comp HT 29er. I'm so want to try it! But last time I tried with another app and my motor stopped working completely. But it was my fault since I had a newer motor. But a bit scared... :)

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Blevo works with 1.3 motor same as the 2018 bikes
What is the firmware number of your battery and motor?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
How many are using the Blevo app (ios) with a Levo 2019? Does it work to change the speed? I have the 1.3 motor. Bike: 2019 Levo Comp HT 29er. I'm so want to try it! But last time I tried with another app and my motor stopped working completely. But it was my fault since I had a newer motor. But a bit scared... :)
The version 1.3 is the old motor, so BLEvo works correctly..

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
nope ride charge ride charge. when the weather is cold i alway bring the battery indoors I ride average three to four times a week but sometimes when I am away the bike will stand for ovr a week with a full charge.
just charged after this mornings ride battery was at 60% now its at 100%. health seems to charge between 99% and 100% at the moment

lezec

Oct 6, 2018
Sydney
Can someone please confirm that the latest BLEvo app can change the speed limit on 2019 levo fsr with the brose 2.1 mag motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles