Status
Not open for further replies.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Just about to buy the BLEvo app for use on a 2018 Levo (new 2019 Expert on order). After just watching EMBN fat burning and one of Tori’s videos, I want to use a HR monitor in conjunction with BLEvo and bike to maximise weight loss.

Can anyone recommend a good HR Monitor please? I assume the chest strap ones are more accurate?

I use iPhone X but I’m NOT interested in buying the Apple Watch.

I used to have a Wahoo HR monitor about 6 years back but the battery compartments kept breaking or they’d just stop working :cry:

Thanks

Last edited:

sdi

Oct 7, 2018
Germany
Can someone please confirm that the latest BLEvo app can change the speed limit on 2019 levo fsr with the brose 2.1 mag motor?
Hi!
Blevo does NOT work at this moment with 2019 levo. App works fine, speed limit can not be changed.
Also my dealer had no success until yet.
Brose 2.1 mag
Turbo Levo FSR
500Wh
Blevo 3.0.0
Hardware: 3.1
Firmware: 0.3.1
Motor Firmware: 6.1.0

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi!
Blevo does NOT work at this moment with 2019 levo. App works fine, speed limit can not be changed.
Brose 2.1 mag
Turbo Levo FSR
500Wh
Blevo 3.0.0
Dear sdi,

Do all other functions work (besides the speed adjustment) in the Blevo app with the 2.1 motor including the heart rate mode? I am very interested in the HR mode but I am still waiting for my new bike. I hope you are able to test the function. Enjoy your new bike!

Thanks!

sdi

Oct 7, 2018
Germany
Dear sdi,

Do all other functions work (besides the speed adjustment) in the Blevo app with the 2.1 motor including the heart rate mode? I am very interested in the HR mode but I am still waiting for my new bike. I hope you are able to test the function. Enjoy your new bike!

Thanks!

Dear Specialized Maastricht,

I am sorry. HR can not be testet due to missing HR Gadgets.
Rest of Blevo works fine. Just the touch screen seems to be a litte bit sensible when using the percentage +/- buttons.
All other functions are working fine as far as i could test.
I am using an iphone 8 @ ios12

Greetings from Germany

sdi

Oct 7, 2018
Germany
Dear Specialized Maastricht,

I am sorry. HR can not be testet due to missing HR Gadgets.
Rest of Blevo works fine. Just the touch screen seems to be a litte bit sensible when using the percentage +/- buttons.
All other functions are working fine as far as i could test.
I am using an iphone 8 @ ios12

Greetings from Germany

And yes. All other functions are working as far i can say. Blevo is a great app with much more possibilities than the original mission control app.
I would invest again. Hoping Paolo will fix the speed issue...
If i could anything try/test please let me know.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
And yes. All other functions are working as far i can say. Blevo is a great app with much more possibilities than the original mission control app.
I would invest again. Hoping Paolo will fix the speed issue...
If i could anything try/test please let me know.

Thanks for your feedback sdi!

I hope someone else can try the HR and smart power functions with the 2019 model in combination with the 2.1 motor then. At least I am happy to understand that all the other functions work. I don't understand why the official Specialized Mission Control app doesn't contain all the features and benefits offered by 3rd party apps. Now their users are kind of more forced by Specialized to move away from their own app.

I find that a strange situation as Specialized also informed us (privacy discussion topic) that via Mission Control they are collecting user and bike data to help them develop their bikes in future time. So if less people are using Mission Control but prefer other 3rd party apps instead they will not be able to collect any data anymore which potentially limits their future developments.

I hope you will enjoy your new bike. I hope mine will get delivered soon. Delivery is now postponed due to the noise issue.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi!
Brose 2.1 mag
Turbo Levo FSR
500Wh
Blevo 3.0.0
Thanks for the report..
I will check when I will get the bike..
I can also ads that the "cadence" is not identified because Specialized removed the standard Bluetooth service for cadence and I need to analyze the new protocol in detail..

sdi

Oct 7, 2018
Germany
Thanks for the report..
I will check when I will get the bike..
I can also ads that the "cadence" is not identified because Specialized removed the standard Bluetooth service for cadence and I need to analyze the new protocol in detail..
Many thanks for your great work!

NigelW

Aug 18, 2018
PaoloBLEvo

Is there anyway that the motor can be turned off from the handlebar remote with the blevo app.

Or is that not possible through programming.

Would be nice to have the option to turn off motor from remote when on the flat and doing big days out.

Regards

Nigel

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
PaoloBLEvo

Is there anyway that the motor can be turned off from the handlebar remote with the blevo app.

Or is that not possible through programming.

Would be nice to have the option to turn off motor from remote when on the flat and doing big days out.

Regards

Nigel
no.. you cannot do via Software.. sorry..
What I can suggest you is to setup the Smart Power in Eco with minimum value to 1%. BLEvo will automatically reduce the assistance when you will do flat pieces of road without much power from your legs..

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Is it looking likely that BLEvo will eventually be able to lift the speed restriction or is it likely a no go? Currently have a 2019 bike in order but this may be a dealbreaker for me, might go with a 2018 bargain instead ?

NigelW

Aug 18, 2018
Is it looking likely that BLEvo will eventually be able to lift the speed restriction or is it likely a no go? Currently have a 2019 bike in order but this may be a dealbreaker for me, might go with a 2018 bargain instead ?

Get the bargain and the money you saved get a spare battery....

Just as much fun with double the range...

I could have waited for the 2019, however went for a bargain Levo Comp with updated rear shock.

Don’t regret it and it’s a great bike.

If I need to I will pick up a spare battery but one is doing me fine at the moment.

Nigel

lezec

Oct 6, 2018
Sydney
That's exactly what I did. Due to the motor noise problem that messes up delivery dates, I cancel my pre-order because the dealer told me that he doesn't think he will get the expert or S-works before Christmas here in Australia. He has one L size 2019 S-works on display and I offer him $500 as a premium on top of the R.R.P but he said he is forbidden from Specialized to sell it. I got $4000 discount on like a new 2018 demo S-works with full warranty. After I got home I instaled the BLEvo and what a difference. Not having the BLEvo would be a dealbreaker for me. I may still buy the 2019 model after will be available in Australia but only if BLEvo works. At this moment I will enjoy the 2018 Levo weapon.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
no.. you cannot do via Software.. sorry..
What I can suggest you is to setup the Smart Power in Eco with minimum value to 1%. BLEvo will automatically reduce the assistance when you will do flat pieces of road without much power from your legs..
Any news about the speed limit?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Quick question:

Using Blevo on my 2019 Kenevo Expert, right after a full charge - the monitor reads "99%" and "484wh". This is a month old bike with what I would assume to be a fully healthy battery. Should I be concerned about the "missing" 15-20 wh, or is it calibration item?

bekolu

Jul 27, 2018
Germany
The watches are not supported as heart rate monitor because they don't use standard protocol to send heart rate information..

@PaoloBLEvo: What kind of protocol do I need to look for? Is it bluetooth only, ANT+ or any other type? I´m using BLEvo with an old Android Phone as bike monitor, the only thing missing is the heart rate.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I released the new version of BLEvo for iOS.. version 3.0.1.
Hese are the news:
- Added Spanish
- Added battery beep management
- Added Stealth Mode management (Levo 2019 only)
- Added voltage and battery current in the CSV
- Added in the statistics the kcal consumed
- Bugfix size button

Please update the App from Apple Store and let me know if you will find some issue.
Enjoy your ride

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
I would love to be able to set the language manually. Still have my app to german, ios is set to dutch. Have removed the app and reinstalled, still german. Somehow blevo app mix the languages.
Love the app btw

Linc

Sep 26, 2018
Northern California USA
I released the new version of BLEvo for iOS.. version 3.0.1.
Hese are the news:
- Added Spanish
- Added battery beep management
- Added Stealth Mode management (Levo 2019 only)
- Added voltage and battery current in the CSV
- Added in the statistics the kcal consumed
- Bugfix size button

Please update the App from Apple Store and let me know if you will find some issue.
Enjoy your ride
I've got a 2019 levo and I would love to lift the speed limits .Any insight on the subject would be great

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I would love to be able to set the language manually. Still have my app to german, ios is set to dutch. Have removed the app and reinstalled, still german. Somehow blevo app mix the languages.
Love the app btw
Hi Witte300, could you tell me if there are some translation error in the App in order to increase the quality of the software? Thanks.
And why you prefer the App in english?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles