Santa Cruz Bosch

Bac

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
Does anyone know when Santa Cruz will release an eBike (ideally Bullit) with either a Bosch motor or even better the Pinion MGU? This would be legendary. Or will they hold out till the last, to admit the Shimano offering just doesn't cut it

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
As much as everyone moans about shimano on here, i haven't had an issue and their motors must do something right as they're in almost 50% maybe more of all ebikes.

TonTonUB

May 27, 2020
France
As much as everyone moans about shimano on here, i haven't had an issue and their motors must do something right as they're in almost 50% maybe more of all ebikes.
Hello,

Santa Ebikes : either with pinion or brose motor (and integrated battery 'ala turbo-levo, of course, for the slim diagonal tube), that would be a blast ! Here around, where i live, some LBs refuse to sell shi-mano ebike ... And they have a very bad reputation (shimano motors, not the LB's ...). I personnally don't have any o-pinion :rolleyes: about this, nor tried shimano motor.

Bac

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
This is not a moan. Yeah, the Shimano motors are ok, I've had a good run, only 1 died out of 3 so far, and Shimano warranty was excellent. Bosch motors are far superior (more range for the same battery usage, and less drag to name a couple of major upsides) so wouldn't one of the best brands, want to spec/use the best motor? There must be good reasons most of the other leading brands are transitioning to Bosch, the 50% is dwindling fast. For SC to introduce a Pinion MGU would put them at a major step above the others that are just switching to Bosch

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
This is not a moan. Yeah, the Shimano motors are ok, I've had a good run, only 1 died out of 3 so far, and Shimano warranty was excellent. Bosch motors are far superior (more range for the same battery usage, and less drag to name a couple of major upsides) so wouldn't one of the best brands, want to spec/use the best motor? There must be good reasons most of the other leading brands are transitioning to Bosch, the 50% is dwindling fast. For SC to introduce a Pinion MGU would put them at a major step above the others that are just switching to Bosch
Don’t forget the design cycles for a new bike and development is probably around three years so to just switch to a totally new platform is highly unlikely. Shimano is probably locked in for the next iteration of Bullit and Heckler. The only possible I can see is a new motor supplier for a lightweight e-bike from Santa Cruz. My money would be on Fazua given the links with Santa Cruz owners and Porsche.…or SRAM.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I'd have loved to have bought the new heckler with a Bosch, but I cant see it happening any time soon.
I was close to buying the Crestline (almost the same as a Heckler lol) but just no support yet in the UK.

I can see a lightweight in the future for sure, maybe with the TQ motor?

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Crestline = Bullet with a Bosch. I am really not sure how peeps manage to stick up for Shimano motors. Inferior in everyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles