SANTA CRUZ BULLIT OWNERS !

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
CED52F1E-CE8C-4C1A-B878-30551A8419C6.jpeg

heres mine at Wharncliffe this morning ⚡️?

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
Sexy colour . This is a confident bike . And Santa Cruz technically with geo on ebikes will get better and better . I’ve never owned a Santa but that’s going to change .
Amazing what this bike can do, rode some really steep techy stuff today which I wouldn’t ride in the past but this bike makes it possible for me. The bike is far more capable than me.

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
In the USA. Put in a deposit as soon as the Bullit was announced months ago. Holding out for the bronze color. Just sent an email to my dealer to see if there is any ETA. Ugh.

cgm55082

Jan 30, 2020
California
For those who have a Bullit, can you post your height and frame size? I'm between sizes and am curious what size others are riding.

Thanks in advance.

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
Richwall, what kind of riding are you doing? Do you do much steep, chunky stuff or more singletrack, twisties?
We do ride a mix of stuff from moorland singletrack to steep rough rocky stuff in the local forest. Ive found the bike just seems to get better the quicker you go really stable at speed over rocks, roots etc But turns well on tighter steep singletrack. The bike pedals & climbs really well for a big 170 mm bike & after dialling the power down in the E-TUBE app im getting some decent range. Ive got the shockwiz to go on for this weekend so i can get the suspension dialled in even more now the bikes run in.

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
For those who have a Bullit, can you post your height and frame size? I'm between sizes and am curious what size others are riding.

Thanks in advance.

Although i havent received mine yet, i rode demonstrators in medium and large.

Unsurprisingly 167cm and 66kg = frame size medium.

However, as Bullit's frame sizing start at medium... no choice really :)

cgm55082

Jan 30, 2020
California
Although i havent received mine yet, i rode demonstrators in medium and large.

Unsurprisingly 167cm and 66kg = frame size medium.

However, as Bullit's frame sizing start at medium... no choice really :)

You're the first person I've heard from who actually was able to test ride the bike -- and in two different sizes no less. Did the bike, even in the medium, feel big compared to other similar sized mountain bikes? Also, did the large feel like a boat and totally out of the realm of possibility for you?

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
ETA for my bronze X01 coil is now July. Frustrating. Considered jumping ship for a gen3 Turbo Levo but ETA for those is fall/winter. I still think the Bullit chassis it just what I am after. Should be a kick. Long wait though. I am 6'2" and going for an xl size.

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
ETA for my bronze X01 coil is now July. Frustrating. Considered jumping ship for a gen3 Turbo Levo but ETA for those is fall/winter. I still think the Bullit chassis it just what I am after. Should be a kick. Long wait though. I am 6'2" and going for an xl size.
Easy for me to say but I would definitely wait for the Bullit, it is a stunning bike.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Easy for me to say but I would definitely wait for the Bullit, it is a stunning bike.
I’m waiting but a bike shop local to me stated there is an impending price rise of 10-15% .. I’m going to get the 2022 model not in a rush as got other bikes to ride .going for x01 rsv model but if it does rise by 10% then im out and will get the new Levo at about 12-15% off the retail .
My local bike shop has offered 8% and free invisiframe. For the bullit 2022 due august/september.
Edit: bike shop now offering 10% off or price freeze .

Last edited:

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
You're the first person I've heard from who actually was able to test ride the bike -- and in two different sizes no less. Did the bike, even in the medium, feel big compared to other similar sized mountain bikes? Also, did the large feel like a boat and totally out of the realm of possibility for you?

When I say test-ride.... it was round the car park for 5 mins. The shop is 2 mins from a riding area but I could tell that this was going to be out of the question. I was definitely the first person to apply the brakes on the bike, so I can understand their position. They put pedals on both the medium and the large but I could tell the large was too big without riding it.

Vertas

Mar 22, 2020
Denmark
I'm 180cm 85kg
And for me the Large in Bullit is absolutely perfect, loving every part of it.
And the geo is amazing!

SoCal Scrub

Mar 20, 2021
SoCal
Were you able to demo or try an XL, or did you go for the Large right from the start?
Unfortunately no, I went right to the large; however, believe the xl would have been a bit to big. At 6ft,the bike feels perfect for me. I have about 40 miles on it, riding mostly enduro trails and have absolutely no complaints. The geometry is amazing and to be honest, with the exception of the easy uphill climbs, I forget I'm riding an ebike when going downhill and jumping. I can honestly say it's hands down the best bike I have owned.

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US
I got about three weeks on mine. I made a sudden decision to get one and found one on Evo.com.

They only had the R, which I got thinking I'd swap parts to some nicer. I didn't want to wait. I was super bummed when I realized the R comes with the E7000 motor, not the EP8. I didn't read the fine print! I just read the advertisements that only mentioned the EP8 motor.

The bike is a blast. I ride rough trails with hard features. The geometry is great!

18 hours in, the motor made some grinding noises and failed. I took it apart and saw that two of the gears are plastic. That seems cheap.

View attachment 57718

View attachment 57716

View attachment 57717

Attachments

• 20210403_170243.jpg
    20210403_170243.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

Mungalot

Apr 5, 2021
Moon
I got about three weeks on mine. I made a sudden decision to get one and found one on Evo.com.

They only had the R, which I got thinking I'd swap parts to some nicer. I didn't want to wait. I was super bummed when I realized the R comes with the E7000 motor, not the EP8. I didn't read the fine print! I just read the advertisements that only mentioned the EP8 motor.

The bike is a blast. I ride rough trails with hard features. The geometry is great!

18 hours in, the motor made some grinding noises and failed. I took it apart and saw that two of the gears are plastic. That seems cheap.

View attachment 57718

View attachment 57716

View attachment 57717
Dang that’s not cool, hopefully they can get you sorted out as the mounts for an ep8 are the same I think and hope for in this case!

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Im 185 cm tall (6.1”). Run a size L. Suppose I could have gone XL as well. Fit is really good for the type of riding I do; Enduro.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles