2021 Santa Cruz Bullit

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
4 options

Bullit CC R - Shimano E7000 drive unit and display, RockShox Zeb fork and Super Deluxe Select shock, SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain and Guide RE brakes, SDG Tellis dropper. Wheels TBC - €7.699 or $7,499 USD

Bullit CC S - Shimano EP800 drive unit and E7000 display, Fox 38 Performance fork and RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ shock, SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain and Code R brakes, SDG Tellis dropper. Wheels TBC - €9,099 or $8,899 USD

Bullit CC XT - Shimano EP800 drive unit and display, Fox 38 Performance Elite fork and RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ shock, Shimano XT 12-speed drivetrain and brakes, Fox Transfer Performance Elite dropper and Race Face ARC Offset wheels - €9,699 or $9,499 USD

Bullit CC X01 Reserve - Shimano EP800 drive unit and display, Fox 38 Factory fork and RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate shock, SRAM X01 drivetrain and Code RSC brakes, Fox Transfer Factory dropper and Reserve wheels with DH rear and 30 front - €11,699 or $11,499 USD

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The Bullit is only available in a CC carbon fiber option - there's no lower priced frame option at the moment. Santa Cruz have cleverly stashed all the bearings in the aluminum links to avoid the need for bearing seats in the composite frame parts. All those bearings are part of the lifetime bearing replacement programme, and the whole frame comes with a lifetime warranty for some serious peace of mind. Added to that, Santa Cruz also guarantees at least 10 years of small parts availability.

scb1.jpg

Should keep some people happy : "The elephant in the room is the motor hanging from the new Bullit’s frame and hulking great downtube that houses a 630Wh battery. !

scb2.jpg

An alternative review :

scg.png

22.15kg in Size L

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Looks like a great bike, but damn that pricing is just crazy, discounting the e7000 model as IMO thats just not fit for purpose on such a bike, you are looking at 9k for the base EP8!

Plus why on earth would you put the power switch down there!

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
Really liking this bike from all aspects, including the geometry. Heckler was a disappointment right from the start, but this is perfect (being a SC fanboy). Just placed an order for the X01 COIL RSV model! Just hoping that Shimano will fix the EP8 rattle at some point, so that I can buy a replacement motor then.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Looks like a great bike, but damn that pricing is just crazy, discounting the e7000 model as IMO thats just not fit for purpose on such a bike, you are looking at 9k for the base EP8!

Plus why on earth would you put the power switch down there!
It does look great to be honest.

The price though!! A proper build with EP8 starts at £8199 for the CC S, then £8699 for the XT, and £10499 for the X01 Reserve.

I bet it's a superb bike to ride but the cost could be a big barrier to entry.

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 13.08.32.png

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Unless you get one on the cycle to work scheme and circa 40% off it......

£6.2k for the X01 or £5.2k XT then seems reasonable in man maths.

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
I am drooling over this bike. I made a mullet Heckler with a Fox 36 Factory fork and really love it. It really improved the ability of the bike to handle very steep downhill rooty stuff without compromising the handling in tight stuff. That said I still feel at a disadvantage with the smaller battery and less powerful motor compared to my Turbo Levo bike riding friends. I was set on adding a Specialized Kenevo but now this Bullit is looking pretty sweet. I am anxious to see the new Kenevo. I am hoping they mullet that one too. May still go Kenevo depending on price, but the Santa Cruz bikes are just very very nice.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
Unless you get one on the cycle to work scheme and circa 40% off it......

£6.2k for the X01 or £5.2k XT then seems reasonable in man maths.

but you could do that with a £6k bike too. Rumour Boris is is going to give a ebike incentive scheme (32% off) like green cars have enjoyed this march I wonder if they'll stack?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
but you could do that with a £6k bike too. Rumour Boris is is going to give a ebike incentive scheme (32% off) like green cars have enjoyed this march I wonder if they'll stack?

Indeed. So guessing you are not well skilled in man maths. ?

21B2C384-7EBE-41C6-92E3-11BF1FE7D084.jpeg

If they do the 32% I wonder if the cycle to work scheme will still have the same tax benefits on the revised prices.

practically free then ?

Last edited:

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
Indeed. So guessing you are not well skilled in man maths. ?
If they do the 32% I wonder if the cycle to work scheme will still have the same tax benefits on the revised prices.

practically free then ? View attachment 44663

Rumour also has it soon your GP can prescribe you cycling on the NHS if you're over weight which gives you a discount on a bike.... time to hit the pies for a discount!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Rumour also has it soon your GP can prescribe you cycling on the NHS if you're over weight which gives you a discount on a bike.... time to hit the pies for a discount!
That's ridiculous ! So if I eat/drink (choose as necessary) too much the govt. will then effectively give me more money.

But a poor starving skinny person who can't afford to become overweight - gets nothing and has to walk to work - eventually fading away to nothing.

I suppose you could argue that the overweight person has bought so much food and drink that they're effectively getting a VAT rebate ?

Would that make it a FAT rebate ?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Even I'm not a SC fan-boy, it's a good looking bike. Especially that bronze-candy. But those prices, I would have to sell another kidney to get it.

Last edited:

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland
I think the price is relative. People buy expensive houses, boats, sports cars, and whatnot. A new set of wheels for Porsche is probably the same as the top spec SC Bullit ebike.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The interesting thing is its by far the lightest 2021 full on Enduro bike I have seen with a big battery in top end spec with burly components at 22kg - now the price for this is literally the cost of the damn thing :cool: but it does show you that it is possible to move forward weight wise whilst keeping weight down, but to do so costs an arm and a leg.

It also seems to show that SC's CC frame tech is the real deal, as from what I can see comparing it to similar specced bikes that are all 24kg plus, its only the frame and wheels that are getting to 22kg.

Its by far the most appealing new bike I have seen, and if I could afford it would be top of my list, but sadly its well out of my price range.

Last edited:

Velociraptor

Oct 10, 2020
Pacific Northwest
Just ordered one. ETA March/April. One of the perks of being old is having a big more funding:) Probably will sell my Heckler once the new toy arrives. I love Santa Cruz bikes and the Bullit addresses all the issues I have with the Heckler. The Heckler is a handful on steep rooty downhills. The 29 front I installed helped a lot but the slacker head angle of the Bullit should fix that. It will be nice to have more power and range too. Probably will still need a second battery but will wait and see if the efficiency of the new motor is better.

JedZ

May 22, 2019
Staffordshire
Just ordered one. ETA March/April. One of the perks of being old is having a big more funding:) Probably will sell my Heckler once the new toy arrives. I love Santa Cruz bikes and the Bullit addresses all the issues I have with the Heckler. The Heckler is a handful on steep rooty downhills. The 29 front I installed helped a lot but the slacker head angle of the Bullit should fix that. It will be nice to have more power and range too. Probably will still need a second battery but will wait and see if the efficiency of the new motor is better.
Where did you get one from ? Looks like a lot of stock already sold today ...

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I don't know why but it just seems strange to have in come with a Fox fork and Rock Shox shock, I won't why a DHX2 isn't an option.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles