Welcome Santa Cruz Riders!

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
Evening people quick warning about Ep8 motor update, a mate has the Orbea Rise with the Ep8 motor he has performed the latest update via the etube app/Bluetooth & it has failed to update leaving his bike in Limbo with no power. It has also thrown up a fault code.
I have checked my bike and there is an update number 4.1.4 but i think i will leave it for now. Anyone any experience with this?

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
8EFE7A77-D7DB-4CA5-80C3-22910AE533F1.png

Richwall

Jan 15, 2021
Uk
Evening people quick warning about Ep8 motor update, a mate has the Orbea Rise with the Ep8 motor he has performed the latest update via the etube app/Bluetooth & it has failed to update leaving his bike in Limbo with no power. It has also thrown up a fault code.
I have checked my bike and there is an update number 4.1.4 but i think i will leave it for now. Anyone any experience with this?
Update on my mates Rise, took it to the LBS got it hooked up to the Shimano diagnostics box & sorted the issue. Told him updates are a bit temperamental done over Bluetooth, charged him a tenner & said he would sort any future updates for him. Worth spending a tenner i think ?

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Updated mine to 4.1.4 on Saturday (before reading this ?) and it went fine.
No idea if that’s helpful in deciding what to do.
As far as I can see most of us won’t benefit from the improvements in this particular update, so as it doesn’t provide warp-speed or free doughnuts....
But I did ensure I had a good WiFi signal and I obsessed about keeping the app visible (open) throughout the process on my phone and ensured I would not get any notifications from other apps and no calls.
Yes, a pain in the posterior as it takes about 10 minutes, but having had this issue elsewhere and read it might help for that in future, gobbledygook paranoia or not, I always follow this policy as it’s less trouble than alternatives.....
My wife tells me I need to get out and meet more people ???

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles