Reign E+ 2022

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Can you post some pictures of new settings for torque?

thanks
IMG_6642.PNG
IMG_6643.PNG
IMG_6644.PNG

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
I’ve installed the new software but is there a guide anywhere explaining in plain English what the launch and torque settings mean in real life ?

Does this also mean more power unleashed as I think 360% was maximum previously ?

big_scot_nanny

Subscriber
Nov 23, 2022
Scotland
Anyone from the UK installed the software update yet?
Yep, but i must admit to not changing any settings yet. interested from folks on a view of what changes could make a difference. For me, power levels 1-3 make an obvious step up everytime, but 4 and 5 not so much - maybe a bit more zing on the flat, but if I’m really pushing up steep hills they don’t offer any more.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
A common mistake to think higher power levels just provide more power. In fact they do, but other than you would think. You should not push the pedals as hard as you can, otherwise you exceed the maxiumum support level of the motor to early.

Give it a try: keep tje pedals spinning but be lighter on them and let the engine do more.

Tell us how you get alonge with it.

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Yep, but i must admit to not changing any settings yet. interested from folks on a view of what changes could make a difference. For me, power levels 1-3 make an obvious step up everytime, but 4 and 5 not so much - maybe a bit more zing on the flat, but if I’m really pushing up steep hills they don’t offer any more.
What is you cadence I try to ride at 80+ rpm Often being 90-100 and notice a difference between all modes especially up hill

Last edited:

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Anyone adjusted the new app torque or launch settings yet? Haven't been able to ride and test it out.
I set mine so support torqu and launch all increase in each mode only 4 and 5 get full 85nM and it seems to be ok only had 1 ride so far with those settings and that was sessions on a DH line

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Took my Reign E+ out of storage today and found that is it heavily creaking from the motor area.

The creak sound plasticky, took the battery & battery cover out and it's still creaking. Did a bolt check with proper torque and even removed lower shock bolt and greased it, still the same. The creak sound is amplified after a bunnyhop or just hopping the rear wheel on flat and applying pressure on the pedals afterwards.

Frame is not cracked from the outside, but from the inside it's not really smooth so can't tell.

I guess it's either the motor or frame, I will bring it to the bike shop next week, but did anyone ran into the same issue ?

ReignE+.jpg

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Have you checked pedals and cranks? I also remember someone repoeted the chainring needed to be tightened to remove creaking sound. But for this you need a special tool. Your LBS will have it.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Took my Reign E+ out of storage today and found that is it heavily creaking from the motor area.

The creak sound plasticky, took the battery & battery cover out and it's still creaking. Did a bolt check with proper torque and even removed lower shock bolt and greased it, still the same. The creak sound is amplified after a bunnyhop or just hopping the rear wheel on flat and applying pressure on the pedals afterwards.

Frame is not cracked from the outside, but from the inside it's not really smooth so can't tell.

I guess it's either the motor or frame, I will bring it to the bike shop next week, but did anyone ran into the same issue ?

View attachment 109011
I had a creaking sound. mine was the seat tube.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Have you checked pedals and cranks? I also remember someone repoeted the chainring needed to be tightened to remove creaking sound. But for this you need a special tool. Your LBS will have it.

Cranks are torqued and pedals were removed and greased so both are not the problem I think.

I will point out to my bike shop that the chainring could be at fault as I can't verify myself, thanks!

I had a creaking sound. mine was the seat tube.
Me too. Could have sworn it was the motor but no, seat tube as well !!!

My dropper is new and installed it with just a little but of grease (Parktool Polylube) on it because the frame's seat tube is rough and is scratching the dropper.

What did you guys do to fix the seatpost creak ?

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Just so you guys know what was at fault, I finally found it myself and it was the rear lower triangle pivot.

That thing is looking kind of seized and I'm not able to remove the axle (only the bolt). For an unknown reason that bolt is not flush with the bearing so water can get in easily, it was all rusty and orange in there.

I shooted some light lubricant on it and the creak immediately went away.

LowerBolt.jpg

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Just so you guys know what was at fault, I finally found it myself and it was the rear lower triangle pivot.

That thing is looking kind of seized and I'm not able to remove the axle (only the bolt). For an unknown reason that bolt is not flush with the bearing so water can get in easily, it was all rusty and orange in there.

I shooted some light lubricant on it and the creak immediately went away.

View attachment 109179
I would be asking for bearings to be replaced under warranty

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Anyone seeing good deals on 2022 model in their local shops? I'm about to pull the trigger, but the endless "bike industry downturn" articles (and massive sales over at canyon and spesh) are making me think the 10% they offered me on a 2022 model might not be such a good deal after all, especially as I'm warming up the 2023. Anyone ordered/received a 2023 model in europe, not sure what the delays look like.

Cheers

big_scot_nanny

Subscriber
Nov 23, 2022
Scotland
I've not seen discounts in my local shops, but yes from large local/online retailers. but they've been there for some time. I wanted local support and b backup, so paid the premium. I 'think' specs are higher for 2022 models, except for battery sizes. So maybe you could negotiate a 2022 model and ask them to include a 800wh battery in addition to the 625?

If you don't ask... :)

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
I would be asking for bearings to be replaced under warranty

Picked up my bike yesterday, bearings were all good according to the bike shop.

The axle in the pivot was however dry as hell generating the creaking. Giant is not greasing the lower triangle pivot along with the lower shock pivot, I would highly recommend everyone to grease these 2 axles located in these pivots before it's getting very hard to remove and creaking.

These pivots/axles should be greased day one when the bike is new.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
I've not seen discounts in my local shops, but yes from large local/online retailers. but they've been there for some time. I wanted local support and b backup, so paid the premium. I 'think' specs are higher for 2022 models, except for battery sizes. So maybe you could negotiate a 2022 model and ask them to include a 800wh battery in addition to the 625?

If you don't ask... :)
That's pretty much the deal they are offering to me: leave with a 2022 e+2 and an 800Wh battery on top of the 630Wh for around €6000. Bearing in mind the MSRP for the 2022 is €5800 vs €6300 for the equivalent 2023 with the 800Wh battery.

But now im thinking I don't think I'd need the 630Wh all that often, and maybe I could haggle the 2023 down below 6000. Which is why I'm trying to understand if anyone has had any luck negociating down 22's and 23's...

hokkane4

Jan 3, 2019
Finland
That's pretty much the deal they are offering to me: leave with a 2022 e+2 and an 800Wh battery on top of the 630Wh for around €6000. Bearing in mind the MSRP for the 2022 is €5800 vs €6300 for the equivalent 2023 with the 800Wh battery.

But now im thinking I don't think I'd need the 630Wh all that often, and maybe I could haggle the 2023 down below 6000. Which is why I'm trying to understand if anyone has had any luck negociating down 22's and 23's...
I just bought last week -22 E+1 model with 800Wh battery for 5800Eur in Germany (Bike-Onlineshop hochwertige Bikes und Parts zu fairen Preisen). Same bike with 750Wh battery was 5500Eur.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Wow the e+2 2022 I am looking at with the 800Wh battery is only €5150 on that site, that's an amazing deal. Ok I'll and see if the shop can do any better than their current offer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles