Reign E+ 2022

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
Also having the reported half charging issues. Ruined my ride yesterday when I came out to it in the morning and it had only charged to 49%…..
Yep same here but got to 88% had to unplug and restart.
Following day charged fine?
I have latest firmware installed 😣
Update related for sure 😡

Garybee

Feb 4, 2022
Vancouver BC
Also having the reported half charging issues. Ruined my ride yesterday when I came out to it in the morning and it had only charged to 49%…..
Same charging issue for me (charged to 30% one time and 80% another). Probally a coincidence but it started after I ran the battery down to 2%

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
Yep same here but got to 88% had to unplug and restart.
Following day charged fine?
I have latest firmware installed 😣
Update related for sure 😡
Had you noticed if it took longer to charge? I’ve recently updated via the app and my battery doesn’t seem to get to 100% even after being plugged in for hours on end..

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
I have the part charging issue currently going through potential causes with bike shop going to take a little while to fix i think will see how it goes, I have a WiFi power/energy plug I can see when it hangs as there is only a couple of watts being drawn from charger so i can switch off and on again but would like to get it fixed.

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
So I managed to lose the battery cover retaining screw :rolleyes:
I'm going to ask my LBS if they have spares. But just in case anyone know where to order one? Or better yet have another solution to the fiddly screw?

Letford

Jul 21, 2019
Basford
So I managed to lose the battery cover retaining screw :rolleyes:
I'm going to ask my LBS if they have spares. But just in case anyone know where to order one? Or better yet have another solution to the fiddly screw?
See if a water bottle bolt will fit as a temporary solution?

Giant calum

Feb 12, 2023
Scotland
I am seeing long charging times and ut hangs, mine hung twice at 96% took a power cycle of the charger to complete

Done 15km yesterday mostly in mode 3 357m of accent used 39% of batter buy I am 116kg and had my daughter on her shotgun seat she's 18kg thought that was OK battery use wise

I have all my modes detuned to lowest assist on the ride app

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
New update for me last night, installed without issue and went for a ride today. Bike feels great and riding in mode 3 felt awesome.
Not sure what the update did, will see if the charging issue is fixed when I plug it back in.
55138082-E2CF-49CF-BD6B-B27C236EF445.png

big_scot_nanny

Subscriber
Nov 23, 2022
Scotland
New update for me last night, installed without issue and went for a ride today. Bike feels great and riding in mode 3 felt awesome.
Not sure what the update did, will see if the charging issue is fixed when I plug it back in.
View attachment 107501
Apologies for the basic question - but how are you doing these updates? I rarely connect my phone/app to the bike, but I assume that is how it is done?

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
Apologies for the basic question - but how are you doing these updates? I rarely connect my phone/app to the bike, but I assume that is how it is done?
Connect using the app on my phone (iPhone). Make sure phone is charged and I use Wi-Fi as well. Stay close to the bike and minimise interference (don’t use a microwave).
When the app syncs if there is new firmware it offers to update.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
This information is supposed to be included in the details of the RideControl App after is has been updated. At least this is flow with my bikes. App is updated first, and then my bike gets new firmware.

Its a pitty that there is no official change log / release notes available to the public 😤

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
T
This information is supposed to be included in the details of the RideControl App after is has been updated. At least this is flow with my bikes. App is updated first, and then my bike gets new firmware.

Its a pitty that there is no official change log / release notes available to the public 😤
I have seen the ride control app bug fix notes but The update I installed last night didn’t have any info for the bike, as in what it was for, just said smart gateway update.
I just did it hoping it would be the charging fix.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Hey guys i have in my list the option of a reign e+2 with 22% off list price,smaller battery than the Haibike allmtn 10 but alot cheaper..would you guys buy one again?don’t want to open a can of worms but how common is this frame crack issue really?

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
Hey guys i have in my list the option of a reign e+2 with 22% off list price,smaller battery than the Haibike allmtn 10 but alot cheaper..would you guys buy one again?don’t want to open a can of worms but how common is this frame crack issue really?
I would buy another for sure. Love it.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Thanks for reply’s👍regarding batteries if you wanted a larger one is it a case of adjusting the fittings inside the frame?is firmware update needed?also has the mode controller on the handle bars got a pop out connection like shimano?sorry so many questions 😂just all new to me

Garybee

Feb 4, 2022
Vancouver BC
Thanks for reply’s👍regarding batteries if you wanted a larger one is it a case of adjusting the fittings inside the frame?is firmware update needed?also has the mode controller on the handle bars got a pop out connection like shimano?sorry so many questions 😂just all new to me
I bought an 800 Wh and it fits with no adjustments and with the old battery cover.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Thanks so many questions..it’s because I ordered a reign+2 last night..apart from the wheels(just like dt swiss ratchet) the spec is spot on for what I need.apart from the frame maybe issue I got this £1400 off retail price..plus I’m not keen on the colour of the e+2 2023 model so a no brainier.I missed out on a Haibike nduro 7 and AllMtn 10…so this was meant to be😂👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles